Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 02-01-07, 10:13 PM   #1
Bassinkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Question Pros age

what is the youngest pro, the oldest and the average age of pros in fishing?
Bassinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 10:15 PM   #2
Bassinkid

by the way sry for so many questions lol it looks like i'm spammin the forum
Bassinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 09:10 AM   #3
Other
BassFishin.Com Member

YES you are spamming, there is a edit button on your post. If you happen to want to add something hit the edit button to add it not making a separate post like you just did.

Anyways the range on pros is HUDGE don't forget that youth can also fish youth tourneys and if you want to call them "pro" you can because the pro in bass fishing means Pro staff and not professional. Kids age of 12 have sponsor s and are winning local youth tourneys and there are people the age of 60 fishing BASS and FLW.
Other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 04:11 PM   #4
Super Fluke
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think if you are 16 then you can enter tourements
Old 02-02-07, 04:27 PM   #5
mack
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other View Post
YES you are spamming, there is a edit button on your post. If you happen to want to add something hit the edit button to add it not making a separate post like you just did.
what??? hes not spamming...its better that he does this so hes not asking a bunch of questions that have nothing to do with each other.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 05:05 PM   #6
Other
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
what??? hes not spamming...its better that he does this so hes not asking a bunch of questions that have nothing to do with each other.
Read what i wrote and understand what i said before you try to critisis me.
Other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 05:20 PM   #7
mack
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other View Post
Read what i wrote and understand what i said before you try to critisis me.
i did read what you wrote. all im saying is that hes not spamming..hes doing what your supposed to do on a forum. i didnt critisize you.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 01:27 AM   #8
Jolly

Anyway...

There are huge age spread in the pro's. However, it depends upon your definition of pro. For example, say the big millionaire BASS Master's pro average age is probably 30-35 (I would guess). But in other smaller tourney's "Pro's" vary in age widely. As long as you are legal age to drive a truck and boat, you could get sponsors and fish. However, 18 and up is probably when you would start to see real sponsorships, for liability, insurance, reliability, and maturity reasons (to the sponsors).

I'm sure you are aware but fishing is only part of the job. You have to be marketable and able to sell yourself for the benefit of your sponsors. You are just as much a salesmen as a fishermen and the many of sponsorships involve anything from commercials to hours signing autographs shaking babies and kissing hands . It seems that just being a good fishermen isn't enough anymore, not since professional fishing is now a multi-billion dollar business.

I am no pro and am only defining generally what I "think" is probably correct, LOL. I'm certain others know more about the subject then me .

Jolly

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.