Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 09-28-12, 06:34 PM   #1
F16 1UB
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Trolling Motor STUCK in Down Position

I was fishing a tournament, of course, and went to pull up the trolling motor and discovered it was STUCK in the down position. In short the locking mechanism that the rope is attached to would not disengage. Later I discovered a 1/32 or 1/64 roll pin had backed out and disconnected the mechanism. So if you've got a MK look where the rope is tied and follow down just past the spring & you'll see it. I was about 4 miles from the ramp and came in with the bow pointed towards the sky.
F16 1UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 06:14 AM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Never had that happen but back when I was running big boats I can remember more than once being in such a hurry to get to the next whatever that I'd fire up the big motor, "shire" down on it then look up and notice the TM still down or how many times have you been in a hurry to leave home in a predawn adrenalin rush and forget to flip the trailer dolly up and heard that godawful grinding the first good hump you went over.

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 09-29-12 at 06:29 AM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.