Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-07-13, 02:54 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default New computer, big delays. Can you help?

With my sons help, we now have a new computer. It's a power house! It's an HP desk top, 1 TB hard drive, 8GB ram, AMD quad core A8-5500 Accelerated processor, AMD Radeon HD 7560D graphics, with Windows 8. Taking a bit of time getting used to Windows 8. I liked Windows 7 much better. So far, it has done everything we expected it to do, lickety-split. Facebook works great, and all the other websites I visit are very quick and responsive. Except for Bassfishin.com forums.
For some reason, when I visit the forums here with our new comp, there is a bad delay in every step I do. From logging in, to clicking on anything, responding to anything, typing anything, I have approximately a 8-10 second delay. It's getting very frustrating. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it?
Old 04-07-13, 03:26 PM   #2
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I don't know enough about computers to fill a thimble but it sounds as if there is something incompatible with the site and Windows 8. I am sure some of the guys on here will have your problem figured out in no time at all.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 04:41 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

As a disclaimer, I've probably quadrupled my knowledge of computers in the last 6 months, but it's mostly on the hardware side of thing. (you gotta know what's going on to build your own computer). And I'm still not that great with things.

The first thing I try when I'm having problems on the internet is another browser. Try using the site on something other than the browser you're using, be it IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc. If you don't have another, I'd recommend Firefox. A new browser is the first thing I install on new computers so I don't have to use Internet Explorer.

Anything beyond that, you'll have to wait for help from the IT guys on here.

BB
Old 04-07-13, 06:02 PM   #4
keithdog

I may have fixed it. At least I hope, through a change in software. The comp came loaded with Norton Internet Security, which the sales lady said she would change as she noticed it caused lags with online use for some site. So I just deleted that, and installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 which I had already planned to do. So far, the forums is working like it should be now. Hope that's the end of the matter.
Old 04-09-13, 03:49 PM   #5
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

As an IT Professional the Windows 8 is pretty good. Norton will cause those issues as it inspects all the links on a page. One great add on is the Classic shell that will make the metro interface feel just like win 7. classicshell.net

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.