Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-30-08, 02:15 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Trolling motor weight?

As I have stated in another thread, I am leaning towards purchasing a Minn Kota Endura 30 trolling motor with my Christmas money. I was wondering if any of you guys know how much it weighs. I went to the Minn Kota website and they do not have a weight listed under their product specifications.

Also, how much does one of the smaller marine batteries weigh? I am talking about the 12 volt kind that are the size of a lawn mower battery. EDIT: I found one at Academy Sports that weighs 21 lbs.

My personal pontoon has a weight limit of 400 lbs.
Me - 210
Gear - 50
Trolling motor - ???
Battery - 21

I am also thinking of using a floating cooler filled halfway with water as a live well. I will "drag" it around using a rope. I know it will create drag but I only plan on using it when I catch that hog so I can take it back to the camp site to brag to my buddies fishing from the bank. Almost all the fish I catch will be released after pictures and weighing.

Last edited by Fishnngolfn; 12-30-08 at 02:30 AM.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 08:36 AM   #2
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

FNGOLF,i use the smaller w-mart toll battery and it last all day in my pond boat.The minkota is really light to m e.Yes you will have alot of drag from your cooler and will put more strain on the battery.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 11:31 AM   #3
woody

I dont know the weight of the Minnkota, but from what you have said, I would guess to say that you would be within your boats limits.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 06:27 PM   #4
Fishnngolfn

I was surprised how quickly Minn Kota responded to my request about the Endura 30 weight. They stated that it ships 21 lbs but they add 3 lbs for packaging. So it is around 18 lbs. That is really light.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.