Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-06-05, 02:44 PM   #1
jigicant
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ATTENTION KY FISHERS

Do any of you fish Laurel Lake. I need some tips. I just started and am not having much luck. Thanks Guys!
Old 07-06-05, 04:16 PM   #2
Fishin4theday
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fishin4theday
Default Re: ATTENTION KY FISHERS

I live in Tennessee but I fish Laurel and have for several years. The best advise I can give you is use very thin low vis line. Down size your baits and speed up your retreives, It is a great bass lake but the crystal clear water makes it a little harder to figure. Keep this in mind. If you can see the bottom at 20 feet treat that as the actual bank and fish deeper than that, Right now the big SM are hitting about 20 to 30 feet during the day and 15 to 20 at night.I live on Norris and fish Dale also. Laurel is different from both. The fish are not nearly as lure shy . I contribute that to the lack of fishing pressure as compared to other lakes.I fish at night at Laurel this time of year. The best baits I have found for night fishing there are Red Shad Power Worms. Red and purple 5/8 oz short armed spinnerbaits tipped with a red No 11 pork frog or a 1/4 oz black jig tipped with a black or purple no 11 pork frog. I like to fish the ends of the points or the sides with standing timber.Good Luck, Fish2win
Fishin4theday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 06:12 PM   #3
jigicant
BassFishin.Com Member

Well if you are on here still, im leaving for norris to fish at 0700 in the Morning. Do you have any advice for me there? Thanks.
Old 07-06-05, 09:59 PM   #4
Fishin4theday
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fishin4theday

It has been cloudy here all day with lots of rain just south. Knoxville got about 2 inches but none here. The bait is up. It will probably be cloudy tomorrow and may rain. If it is raining here are patterns that may work. The bite will be somewhat more shallow. the lake is full so there is flooded brush in 10 to 15 feet of water, Stay near deep water. Throw a rattle trap into the flooded buck bushes. Throw an excaliber size spook and walk it very fast.Throw a double willow spinnerbait. bring it across the tops of the bushes and then kill it just as it clears the bush. Throw a t-rig watermelon 5 inch zoom lizard on a 1/8 oz weight shallow on limestone drops. These are all good rainy day methods. The best fishing you will have will be at night, especially after mid night. learn your way around big creek tomorrow. Thats where MTn lake is. That creek is bigger than most lakes. IT is about 7 miles from main channel to the back and 1/2 mile wide in places. There are a couple of striper guides that work out of Mtn lake. Ask them what depth the bait is concentrating at and where they are netting the shad or alewifes.Find the bait and you will find the bass. The SM must be 18 inches min. and 5 per day. The LM must be 14 and 5 per day. There is no size limit on Spotted Bass and 15 per day. 12 to 15 inch spotts are common.16 to 20 inch smallies are common. Good luck , tell us about your catch when you get home. Fish2win
Fishin4theday is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.