Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-24-05, 10:44 PM   #1
Bass Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile Assalt

Hey Guys. Does anyone have or use any kind of assalt soft plastics. If so how do they work for you? Also the salt they put in packages, is it the same as regular salt? Thanks.

Bass Man
Bass Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-05, 10:58 PM   #2
guacomole
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The salt they put in the packages just washes off on the first cast. Salt impretigrated lures have salt molded in. It is usully just table salt that they put in the packs, but they put fine grain salt in the actual baits, so they wont sink( unless they're senko type baits, where they want them to sink).
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 02:54 AM   #3
bigbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

no i dont think i have ever used em.yea its just table salt on them
Old 07-25-05, 07:02 AM   #4
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default salted

You can salt your own soft plastics by mixing up some saltwater and putting a fair amount into each re-sealable baggie of lures......after doing this, place them in the sun for a couple of days to heat up and soak.....the saltwater will penetrate the plastic. If you want to heat them a little better than leaving them on the grass, place them on a piece of black plastic in the driveway.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 08:16 AM   #5
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Assalt soft plastic lures are great! As good as Senkos and far more durable for the price of 3 bucks per 10. They will send free samples of different baits when requested on their web site and can be purchased from another fine company - tacklewarehouse.com - which carries a huge selection of lures and other tackle.

There is no substitute for salt crystals within the plastic when it comes to weighting for the horizontal drop. The larger the crystals used, the better the light transmitted. Maybe fish hold on due to salt content, but my guess is that they swallow them due to softness. I've seen many plastic worms inside bass stomachs that had no salt or scent added, along with prey.

Bigbitebaits.com also has some decent sticks at 4 bucks per 10, but only in non-opaque colors. The opaque colors don't fall right or have enough softener. (Some of their other plastics aren't bad.)

I make my own for a nichel per lure and have infinite color, softness, floatation and durability choices. What percent is Yamamoto making?.....
I don't need a BMW when I can get there just as fast with a Toyota.

SS
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 11:49 AM   #6
Bass Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys. I guess i will put some table salt in the package. Also i received my free samples just wanted to know how they worked. Also was is the flipping technique? And do you have to use bullet weights on the front of the worm for a texas rig because i dont have any and i was wondering if a egg sinker will work also. thanks.
Bass Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.