Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 07-01-11, 10:24 AM   #1
cbwalls
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Member with First Boat

Hello All

I joined the site about a month ago and so far I love it. Lots of interesting reads and comments.

Getting ready to purchase my first bass boat from my buddy am very excited. I have twin 7 year old boys who really love fishing and they are at the perfect age to get them out on the water.

The boat I am buying is a 1989 Bass Tracker Pro17 with a 75 HP Mercury. The boat is in pretty good shape but needs some cosmetic work and I figured it could be a good project for me and the boys. I will show some pictures soon if anyone is interested in seeing the boat and the improvements I plan to make. I am sure I will have tons of questions for everyone.

Talk to you later!!!

Last edited by cbwalls; 07-01-11 at 10:39 AM.
cbwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 10:28 AM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the site, you are correct there are allot of great people here with allot of knowledge. We love pics, so be sure to share.

Welcome
Old 07-01-11, 10:43 AM   #3
cbwalls
BassFishin.Com Member

My Boys!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-27_18-34-23_524.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	472.5 KB
ID:	6918
Old 07-01-11, 01:47 PM   #4
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

if you do by the boat have it checked out by mech and do a compression test. tell your buddy you will pay if it checks out ok he pays if it dosen't, best way to lose a buddy is when money is involved they say boat stands for pull out another thousand .
Old 07-01-11, 05:07 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

(joke here ok buddy?) this thread is useless without PICTURES! WE ABSOLUTLY LOVE PICTURES OF BOATS BEFORE AND AFTER!!!! POST THEM MAN!!!

welcome to the BEST site ont he web pal. and as oyu have already been told by your friends, 2 best days of a boaters life is the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell a boat, hahahaha.

them boys are great looing kids too, no doubt they took after their mother, hahahaha!!1 kidding again pal. they NEED a boat to go fishing dad, so hurry up with that rig man. lol.

ask WHATEVER question oyu have buddy, no such thing as a stupid question (WATERDOG QUESTION IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION,LOL), only stupid answers.

the folks here will answer everything oyu need to know. and be able to take a joke ok? lok at me..........if these folks can take me (cuz i am a joke,lol), they can take anything, hahaha. relax and have fun.
Old 07-01-11, 05:19 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Twins? Man I would like to shake your hand. My wife and I have a soon to be two year old son and I can't imagine him being twins. Hats off to you though, those are some fine looking little fellas and I am sure you guys will have a blast working on the boat and even more fun fishing out of it.

Welcome to the site!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 10:20 AM   #7
cbwalls
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for all the replies. One correction though - The boat is a 1994 instead of 1989.

I took the boat out on Friday with my mechanic and ran it around for several hours and he gave it a good look. Motor and electrical checked out and he said I would he would recommend buying it. Had to run the bilge a couple of times and got a little water out so I suspect may have a few leaky rivets but I have plans for that.

Pictures will be up soon.
Old 07-03-11, 10:41 AM   #8
keithdog

Welcome to the site pal! Thats a great idea you have for getting a boat now while the boys are at the ripe age to get them started fishing. No doubt your going to have many wonderful days ahead of you. The boat sounds nice. Like the others said, post the pics of before and even durring the restoration your planning. It's always fun to see the results. Sounds like a nice boat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.