Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-14-05, 10:40 PM   #1
just1hillbilly
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to just1hillbilly
Default Lake Wisconsin?

Has anyone ever fished Lake Wisconsin for bass, either large or small? Any tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
just1hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 08:54 AM   #2
javelinguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to javelinguy
Default Re: Lake Wisconsin?

John. I have. What time of the year are you going to be fishing? Are you looking for seasonal pattern knowledge or just general knowledge?
javelinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 10:33 AM   #3
just1hillbilly
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to just1hillbilly

General knowledge about the lake itself. I know its part of the Wisconsin River system. I dont know weather its a better smallmouth or largemouth fishery. Or if you have some hot spot info too, Ill be fishing there the weekend of the 23 and 24th of April. Just some background stuff would help. Thanks
just1hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 04:22 PM   #4
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R

I grew up fishing it cuz my granparents lived on it. THe shoreline has a lot of rocks and docks. Flip the docks for largemouth and fish around the other rip rap for large and smallies. Toward the river side there is tipperary pt and as you go back into that bay there is WHALENS GRADE. go under the bridge and there is a very weedy bay with pads and weeds, this is where you will find largemouth. I would say its a better largemouth fishery until you start getting into the river itself and thats where the big smallies are. otherwise fish the docks and the rocks between them. I mostly use a crankbait around the rocks and flip a jig around the docks.use crawfsh color jigs and cranks. but bright color cranks work good too cuz the water in that lake is dark . In whalens bay use a frog or rubber worm. By the way if im not mistaken you cant fish for game fish until May something when the season opens. Big fine if you get caught fishing for game fish out of season but as part of the river i think it is open year round. actually im almost positive its open year round. check the regs. let me know if you need some more info

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.