Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-09, 10:02 PM   #26
bassackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i see just would hate to see bust your but if the door caved in
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 10:03 PM   #27
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

yeah 3 sides should be alright but i may put a little 4" piece for extra support in the middle of both..

its 1/2" so it should be alright..
Old 02-26-09, 07:52 AM   #28
MrPhotographer06

well today my mission was to get the bondo work done so i could mount the livewell thursday[tomorrow].. which i'm still aiming for.. And then make the doors for the deck.

Well my dad told me last week [yeah..scroll down and see what he said] that he didnt have anything to do this week and he'd help me every day..

well its wedensday and i'm out there workin and i was takin tools out the shop and getting set up for the days work.. and i got a glimpse of somethin red.. and it was my dads dakota and here he is a walkin out to the shop ..

he said

Number 1... i wish you'd a waited on me to do the floor and you didnt.. but DO NOT put the cable steering togeather without me because if you dont get that right and a cable comes loose the motor will torque and throw you and anthony in the water.. but your trying.. and i'm glad.. and its workin and comming along great.. Good job.. [ i felt like a million bucks hearing that from my dad.. he just dosent hand out Good Jobs every day]
Number 2. That deck..you shoulda put doors in the front, so you can open them up in the seat and your feet arent in the water.. he aproximated the seat pedestal area and your feet rest on the bow.. So then he helped me fix the problem with the steering 'collumn' moving... then he left.. He said he'd help me with the floor probally saturday.. but if i can get the livewell mounted i'm gunna hit the lake sunday probally.. jsut for a little test run

Theres the glastron sittin under the shed.. this is looking out the shop door..

There the bottom of the deck..

Bondo Work... I was gunna do it last.. and i did.. but after i decided to do somethin else.. then some more.. so while i was puttin the wiring in to make sure i could hook up everything correctly... i lay my FAVORITE fleece down into the bondo.. it'll harden and i'll pick it off.. but it made me mad.. haha

I decided that i was gunna do the doors up front.. i wanted to cut the doors the size they would need to be so i didnt have to put 1/2" doors in .. so i was tryin out my luck and see if i had any of my grandpa in me.. he can make everything out of anything and anything out of nothing.. he could plant a rock and make it grow and close his eyes and guess and its right.

So i took about 3 mesurements and did some line drawing and set the saw blade to a little deeper than the plywood.. and started cutting..

not to bad eh?

the other was easy.. theres it back in the boat and the doors on it..

theres them open.. i'm probally gunna have them open to the sides.. what do yall think?

Hope to get the livewell mounted tomorrow.. and then throw some Thompsons at the deck wood and the flooring..

the fonts wack for some reason..
Old 02-26-09, 08:04 AM   #29
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

On where to mount the hinges, decide beforehand where you are most likely to be sitting when you want to go into the particular hatch so that it opens away from you - making it easier to get in there. I think I would mount both hinges on the outside edges, but thats just a quick glance.

Also I think in general it would be better to mount the hinges longways, less torque on the hinge that way.
Old 02-28-09, 11:00 PM   #30
MrPhotographer06

2/28/09...

Today is day one of the 3 day weather deal..

today was supposed to be severe weather.. lots of rain

and it was lots of rain..all day.. stopped around 5:45 or so
Tomorrow its supposed to snow here [2-4" but expected to be more] and its going to be cold tomorrow and monday so i guess its gunna put us out of school monday..

Anyway..

I got up and over to my GP's house about 10:00.. and it was raining so i didnt know what to do.. so i bolted the plate up and put marine sealent stuff arround them all.

I finished mounting the side plate things and put the rod rack in. i tried to work it out but anyway i put it i was going to loose one rack.. so i just sacrificed the top one so i actually have 5 rod holders..

Got the control box mounted up and the wiring in

A little mist was blowing in from the rain and the Water sealed wood was beading up the water and when i wiped it off it went right back dry

I'm probally going to add another coating

Well i pretty much ran out of good stuff to do so i said..well hang the motor..

and i did.. after i got it all wired up and crap i put the battery on it and hit the starter real fast and it turned.. I got the rear light working but i've got to find a bulb for the front.

I ended up pulling it to the backyard and putting it in a half drum and tried to start it and the deep cycle was dead.. I've got to buy one for it but i was using the old one we have. I just pulled it back to the shop and i'll try it tomorrow.. i charged the battery for a while today and i'll hit it a minute tomorrow before i crank it.

I did run into a little problem though. The fiberglass is making the rear wood piece stick out just a little bit too much so the motor is sitting up about 1/4" too high on both sides.. and thats making the motor bumper for tilting it a little bit too high so i've got to shave it down so it fits rather than take the motor off and shave the wood.

Those cables that I bought didnt fit exactly so i had to RR it [redneck rig] No pic of it today .. i forgot.. but the hole in a the mount is on a little hook and its clamped tight on the shifter side. The throttle side the end was broke so i was about to get some mighty putty..lol to fix it and i said wait.. Cap [guy i bought the cables from] said to change some hardware around. so it has to come off somehow.. and i forgot about the two screws on each side so i changed the end off so i have the right cable end on the throttle side but i still had to rig the mounting thing up. All in all i have working cables...

Lastly, i made the rear doors for the deck and i found out that i'm going to have to make the back doors hinge because the a tackle box wont fit between the bow seat and the back of the door.. so i'm going to have to order that kingpin base i was talking about

[ http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...:SearchResults ]

B in that photo

Then the base will fit between the door openings and i can still have my seat and have front access for smaller storage and the back will be used for tackle and whatnot.

there she sits with my big pedistal seat up there.

I hinged the one door that i did from the bottom. I think i'm going to take it off and top hinge it since i'll open further and there wont be as big of a gap. I'll try it tomorrow and see.

Thats all folks!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.