Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-17-12, 04:31 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default ok, i haven't REALLY posted anything in quiet some time.....

ok, i am going to THE BIG "G" tomorrow. got a job intervw (more on that later) at 7:45 am. so i won't be ON the water till round 9 am. haven't fished in about 3 months. ain't been on g'ville since spring.

so i am asking for all ya'll to put out some feelers and tell me what the DINKS are hitting, hahaha. i'll be on the upper end, B.B.COMER bridge area. the pads and grass should be about all deador dieing off.

wind could be a factor and there is a storm front moving through that morning, from 4 am to 6 or 7 am.

dig down deep folks and give me some good advise ok?

the RAJUN CAJUN is charged up and ready. the esprey is waiting for my line ot build up her nest for the winter too i am sure. no i ain't gonna throw my wadded up line in the water. jsut a figure of speach.

anyway, hit me with your best stuff ok?
Old 10-17-12, 04:53 PM   #2
keithdog

First off, good luck with the interview. But what about that 4 day work week? I'll miss those obnoxious txt messages and ect about you being off on friday. haha From what your describing, I'd be throwing spinnerbaits for sure. Especially if it's windy and overcast. Shallow square bill cranks are working here. I'd give that a shot. Best of luck John. I hope your "dink" ends up being a "MONSTER" bass!
Old 10-17-12, 04:56 PM   #3
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Buzzbait, spinnerbait, rattletrap.

Start there, best advice I can say.

Oh, and biggest dang Alabama rig you can find!
Old 10-17-12, 05:35 PM   #4
bassboogieman

I thought you just landed the "perfect" job just a few months ago. Well, gotta send up one or two hoping you get what you are really looking for, as for the fish - they stopped biting up here several weeks ago. Good luck, they may want to chase some food if the water temps are down, lipless cranks, shallow/medium divers and the good ol' spinnerbait. Don't forget to change your "G-string" (that's a line upgrade for the hogs at Guntersville). Heeheeheeeeeeee.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-12, 06:07 PM   #5
MIbasser

Good luck Bama!! On both counts....
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-12, 06:52 PM   #6
keithdog

Ummmm, it's thursday night and we are waitting.
Old 10-18-12, 06:58 PM   #7
bamabassman

well, it was a dreadful day of fishing, packed it in by noon. got in the water orund 8:30 am,then the WIND started....after 2 hrs of TRYING to keep the boat straight i gave up. white capping water and i don't get along.

didn't even get a nibble. of ocurse i expected that. i get a chance to fish the big g and nothing happens. lol.i tried jigs, spinners, shakey heads, lizzard, traps, worms, cranks...you name it. had 11 rods rigged and still nothing. the storm front was moving through and i was on the tail end of it. rained from around 4 am to 7 am. so i guess that is what halted any feeding if there was any. i fished deep (20 ft) and still nothing. so maybe i can get a dink or 2 on weiss sunday, we'll see. gonna smoke a pork shoulder tomorrow for saturday nights game. BAMA-TENN, at 7 pm on ESPN. thank GOD it ain't gary danielson and vern lundquist. those 2 need ot be retired and put over in the outback of australia or somewhere they can't EVER see another college game, much less comment of one. i hate those 2 man. vern USED to be good. danielson is an IDIOT.

ok, enough of that. ow as for the job interview....we'll see. i was 1 of 11 to make the first cut. then they'll narrow it down to 4..then present it to the county commision to pick 2 for 2 openings. it's more money and RIGHT next to lake guntersville. it's JACKSON COUNTY commision. SAME 4 DAY WORK WEEK, SAME BENIFITS AND VACATION,ETC. so pray i get it gang. i really want it. this way i can MOVE back there sooner. lol. i LOVE my house, but i can build another one JUST like it over there. yeah, i think like that. BUT the next house will HOPEFULLY be my last. well that is a lie..my last house will be the NUTHOUSE. and YA'LL are the reason BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

so pray i get it gang. so my last few years are better before i go insane. lol!
Old 10-18-12, 07:10 PM   #8
keithdog

I sure do hope you get that job John. Sounds like something you would love. AND, if you do rebuild, be sure to include a couple spare bedrooms so we here in the forums can take turns comming down to visit you!

As for the fishing, that really suck pal. Strong winds have been the rule here for the past several weeks. Makes it tough for sure. Too bad the trip to the Big G didn't produce. But hey, if you relocate there, you'll have plenty of time to spend there on better days!
Old 10-18-12, 07:45 PM   #9
Bassboss

Buddy of mine down there finished 4th on G-ville in a church/school league of his. Caught a mess of dinks on zoom finesse worms. Not a bite to be had on the spinnerbait though.

Says he caught most of his fish off docks.
Old 10-18-12, 09:24 PM   #10
bamabassman

sam, i tired my best to fish some boat houses and docks bud. the dang wind was whirling around so bad...see i tried to hide behind em. jsut when i got into position...the wind would whirl me around, hahaha.

thaks keith, if i can get lisa and i BACK to that area. either ON the lake or within sight of it like our old house on the bluff...HEAVEN man. pure HEAVEN to me. lisa misses it too. but we are here for a reason, her parents. lisa's dad is now 81 and her mom is 74. family comes first. but our time will ocme...one day. and as for the extra rooms...lol. our next house is gonna be SMALL. 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. maybe 1000 sq ft total. smaller power bills and a LOT less yard ot mow. hahahaa!! i used to WANT lots of land, but now it is a pain in the arse to keep up when there is so much more i want to do. like FISHING! HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 10-18-12, 09:48 PM   #11
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner Bama. Although I don't know any spots in the area you were fishing. If you get the chance, head to Brown's Creek. When headed out of Guntersville toward Arab on 69, it is to the left of the causeway. To the left of the causeway among the islands is some fine fishing too. If you get a chance to head that way just send me a pm and I will tell you some spots to try. Or better, I will get the hubby to tell you of some honey holes. We haven't been down this year as we had to move my parents back to TN to be closer to one of us siblings. We sure hope to retire down there one of these days!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-12, 09:50 PM   #12
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Oh, and good luck on the job opportunity!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-12, 09:59 PM   #13
bamabassman

iw as up around scottsboro bassin gal. b.b. comer bridge, jsut bout an hour boat ride norht of browns creek i think. i have been on browns creek, jsut not in a LONG time. town creek and the state park are is another of my favorite places too. but b.b.comer is the closest for me now.
Old 10-24-12, 03:08 AM   #14
islandbass

At least you got out. I also wish you the best to land the job.
Old 10-24-12, 09:56 AM   #15
WaffleJaw

John, good luck on the job interview!

Im not sure about Bama...But our shad are pushing into the back of creeks..Creeks,mouths,and flats have been spitting out good fat bass..We have a 2nd coldfront coming this weekend so Im hoping that will really get it started..

Finessing it has been working really well for me...Small jigs, T-rigging flukes and Beaver baits , 1.5's cranks all always tied on....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.