Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-29-06, 12:10 AM   #1
smalltcklebox
BassFishin.Com Member

Default shimano curado200dhsv

sup fellow fishers, my wife surprised me with a curado 200dhsv just out of the blue she said early fathers day but my question is does anybody know what would be the ideal lure for the reel i want maximum distance plus what do i need to set the dial on the vbs system for wormin i dont quite understand the braking system
good to be back on-line with fav. site
smalltcklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 01:20 AM   #2
Terminator
BassFishin.Com Member

Did you possibly mean ideal rod...I'm guessing you did.

About the braking system, i usually have 4 pushed in and 2 out. The more brakes that are in the outward position, the more braking it will apply to the spool. Always make sure that the brakes directly across from each other are in the same position.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 11:34 AM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Congratulations, Your losing me on lure selection to get the maximum distance ? If you use mono, there is such a thing as casting beyond the ideal distance. the mono stretches, the more line out, the more stretch there is. If you fish bulky plastics, the long casting distance will impede the hookset capabilities.There are alot of Shimano owners that can help you with the centrifugal weight selection.A backlash will occur at two different times during a cast. To correct the problem, you must identify the time the backlash occurred. The first backlash will occur on the initial cast. The spool turns faster than the line going out on the cast.To solve that problem unlock more centrifugal weights.As the spool turns, the centrifugal weights extend out and rub or brakes against the outer ring, slowing the spool revolution to remain at the same speed as the lure going out on the cast. The second backlash can occur at the end of the cast, once the lure has landed, the outgoing line stops, but the spool kept turning.To solve this problem, you need to tighten the spool tension knob so when the lure motion stops, the spool stops turning as well.There is alot of people who apply light thumb pressure to the spool during the cast feathering the spool and overriding the reel mechanical functions of the centrifugal & spool tension adjustments.I personally set the reel accordingly and do not thumb the spool.I want to cast every time and not worry about backlashing, because I didn't apply enough thumb tension.I hope this helps you. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 11:17 PM   #4
IL.bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

I have 2 set out like Terminator does. I'd suggest setting 3 out at first you can always change it to less. Like Terminator said make sure the ones you pull out are directly across from each other.
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.