Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-05-05, 01:37 AM   #1
Serious_Angler
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Serious_Angler
Default Fishing the Potomac

Hi all,
Been fishing for approximately 10 years, but have become serious about it in the past 5 years. This year I finally joined a local bass club (Maiden Creek Bassmasters in Pennsylvania) and am looking forward to fishing tournaments , fishing new waters, and learning something from each guy I fish with. This upcoming April (Later in the Month) I have a tournament on the Potomac River and we are launching from Goose Bay. Can anyone give me any info about fishing the river at this time of the year (Fish location, Proven good lures an Techniques used on the river, structure ect...)I know a lot depands on conditions at that time, but I thought I could get some info. to think about. Furthermore, I will have partner and the majority of the time I will be fishing from the back of the boat. I like fishing slop, piching to shallow structure, and worm fishing. If anyone has any info they liked to share I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Serious_Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 02:27 AM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: Fishing the Potomac

Get a copy of Ken Penrod's book, "Fishing the Tidal Potomac". It if full of the kind of information you're looking for.

http://www.penrodsguides.com/

Look for the "Fishing Books" section.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.