Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 08-05-12, 05:42 PM   #26
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

it is something the do not encourage you to do either. only if you have no choice
Old 08-05-12, 08:30 PM   #27
MississippiBoy

I'd be definitely interested in going to Dale again next year. There's no way I could make it to the Potomac, so I'm glad this was brought up.
One thing we might want to look at is Horsehead Resort, instead of Cedar Hill. I have no complaints about Cedar Hill, but on smalljaw.com, where they live and breathe smallie fishing on Dale, they recommend Horsehead over Cedar Hill.....they say its more fisherman friendly.
I know this, though.....if we go back to Cedar Hill, I'm not going to take that one right turn past the cabin we were in while I'm towing the boat.....did it once by mistake, and almost didn't make it back out.
Old 08-05-12, 09:26 PM   #28
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I'd be definitely interested in going to Dale again next year. There's no way I could make it to the Potomac, so I'm glad this was brought up.
One thing we might want to look at is Horsehead Resort, instead of Cedar Hill. I have no complaints about Cedar Hill, but on smalljaw.com, where they live and breathe smallie fishing on Dale, they recommend Horsehead over Cedar Hill.....they say its more fisherman friendly.
I know this, though.....if we go back to Cedar Hill, I'm not going to take that one right turn past the cabin we were in while I'm towing the boat.....did it once by mistake, and almost didn't make it back out.
Why? Did you hear banjos?
Old 08-05-12, 10:14 PM   #29
MississippiBoy

No, that road (if you could call it a road) was about 5 feet wide, and wound around through some of the Cedar Hill cabins like a snake. I almost took out 3 mailboxes, a couple of trees, and 1 dog that wasn't paying much attention.
Old 08-05-12, 10:50 PM   #30
bcklash

Quote:
No, that road (if you could call it a road) was about 5 feet wide, and wound around through some of the Cedar Hill cabins like a snake. I almost took out 3 mailboxes, a couple of trees, and 1 dog that wasn't paying much attention.
I can't believe you made it all thr way around.
Old 08-05-12, 11:10 PM   #31
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Daniel, do you mean Horse Creek?
Old 08-05-12, 11:22 PM   #32
WTL

Nofear, get rid of the sandwich avatar. Its making me hungry.

Boogie, right location, but I can't get off in Feb. Man I wish I could, I wanna do a kayak near 10,000 islands and also for peacock bass.

For everyone else, definitly interested in Dale Hollow, or Kentucky lake for that matter. Dale might be a little easier for me in a kayak though, kentucky I couldn't hit the main river and I was in my boat.
Old 08-06-12, 12:26 PM   #33
bassboogieman

The creeks at Dale Hollow are definitely kayak friendly and the main lake is not that wide. There are several creeks within a mile of Cedar Hollow and would not be a difficult or long paddle. I'm also certain someone with a boat could haul you out and back to other locations. Man, if someone had a pontoon boat - several kayakers could have a grand time using the pontoon boat as a "mother boat". Now that I think about it, I think Cedar Hollow rents them.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 12:44 PM   #34
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Never mind about this. I meant Horse Creek, instead of Horsehead. Also, I received a PM from an older and wiser forum memBer who did NOt FEAR to tell me that HoRse Creek needs some work in the ENGINEERing department, and is really a pretty trashY plaCe, according to the vast wisdom of this particular membEr....
Old 08-06-12, 12:55 PM   #35
bassboogieman

Didn't think Vegas had ever been to Dale Hollow, or that you two communicated so intimately. Now the hate mail begins.
Old 08-06-12, 01:53 PM   #36
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Just like every year, I am down if the dates work.
Old 08-06-12, 07:27 PM   #37
woody

Still working on dates. Possibly some time late April early May (Full Moon; April 26, and May 26). And OFF-SEASON RATES(38% Less) are good up until the Memorial Day Weekend.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:19 AM   #38
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey Guys, I don't want to intrude on your "Dale Hollow"thread but this is for BassBoogieMan. If you're going to fish for snook on the west coast on your trip to Fl. Be sure to do it south of Sarasota Bay. The fish taste 1,000% better.
Anything north of that gets crap from Tampa Bay. I was born and raised in west central Fl. and, on this one thing, anyway, I know what I'm talking about.
Good luck, have fun.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 05:45 PM   #39
Jrob78

bump.......
Old 08-07-12, 08:24 PM   #40
nobass

has anyone looked a site link they have houseboat rentals that sleep 8 to ten poeple. that would solve having to take boats in and out slip rentals and i think if six guys rented one it would be cheaper than cabins. you could moore it anywhere and fish less run time more fishing time. just a thought
Old 08-07-12, 10:07 PM   #41
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
has anyone looked a site link they have houseboat rentals that sleep 8 to ten poeple. that would solve having to take boats in and out slip rentals and i think if six guys rented one it would be cheaper than cabins. you could moore it anywhere and fish less run time more fishing time. just a thought
That's a pretty good idea, Don. At least worth considering.
Old 08-07-12, 11:54 PM   #42
bassboogieman

I looked at that myself, yesterday. Would be neat to move around the lake all week. I breifly considered it for last May, but didn't want to be the only one out on the lake and everyone else back in the cabins. I don't think it would be cheaper than the cabins, and you would not have the convienience of the resturant. The "sleeps 8 -10" is a bit mis-leading as even the really big boats only have 4 beds and a sleep sofa. A couple have bunkbeds, but a couple are kiddie size at 54".
Old 08-08-12, 02:26 PM   #43
Jrob78

Help!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-12, 06:48 PM   #44
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Help!!!!!!!!

Let's look beyond this Chinese immigrant. It will eventually go away.

-Mark
Old 08-08-12, 07:35 PM   #45
woody

Quote:
Thanks for speaking up, Nobass, this is worth discussing. Let's see what comes of it...

I've listed the five houseboat rentals that Cedar Hill offers.

http://www.cedarhillresort.com/18x67.html

http://www.cedarhillresort.com/super80.html

http://www.cedarhillresort.com/deluxe65.html

http://www.cedarhillresort.com/classic65.html

http://www.cedarhillresort.com/traditional50.html

One thing that must be discussed is the logistics of sharing a houseboat with upwards of eight or more people , ie: how do we handle the differing arrival times of members and ect... these potential problems need to be discussed before we decide, ok.

-Mark
Old 08-08-12, 07:46 PM   #46
nobass

as far as cost on boat i think the easy way to do that take cost divide by six day or how many it is rented for. example one boat cost 2170 a week dviide that by 6 thats 380.. divide that by many are there per night. i man 380 2 men 190 3 men 127 and so on. food that can be done either everyone brings thier own or one or two people buy and its is didvede between all. . of course drinks are byob/ . house keeping you make a mess you clean it up. group meals you cook it some one eles cleans up.
Old 08-08-12, 08:14 PM   #47
woody

Quote:
as far as cost on boat i think the easy way to do that take cost divide by six day or how many it is rented for. example one boat cost 2170 a week dviide that by 6 thats 380.. divide that by many are there per night. i man 380 2 men 190 3 men 127 and so on. food that can be done either everyone brings thier own or one or two people buy and its is didvede between all. . of course drinks are byob/ . house keeping you make a mess you clean it up. group meals you cook it some one eles cleans up.
Nobass, this is a good start to the discussion. Now let's see how many others are interested sharing a houseboat on Dale Hollow.

If we have enough interest, "I call one of the bedrooms!"

-Mark
Old 08-08-12, 08:28 PM   #48
woody

SIDE NOTE-

I sent an email to Cedar Hill asking about availability of rentals. In reply they said that they will start taking reservations for the new year, starting October 1st.

-Mark
Old 08-08-12, 08:39 PM   #49
nofearengineer

For comparison's sake...

I think we ended up paying around 25 bucks per person per night in the cabins this year. Even if you add the $15 per night for a slip, still only $40. Plus, there is no shore power to charge troller batteries on a houseboat. I'm not sure that's doable for more than a day or two.
Old 08-08-12, 10:06 PM   #50
nobass

you are proably right but i am sure they have gen. on board. that said we forgot one other point cost of fuel. that just might but it out of the park.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.