Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-30-13, 05:40 PM   #76
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Do it! Do it! Do it! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!! DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!!!!!!
DO IT!!!! DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!!!!!!
Old 01-30-13, 06:24 PM   #77
bcklash

BassinBandit wants to play!!!!!
Old 01-30-13, 06:26 PM   #78
bcklash

Jrob

Do it! Do it! Do it! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!! DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!!!!!!
Old 01-30-13, 07:48 PM   #79
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Gonna see if my dad want's to play too.... maybe he'll pay for me too! lol
Old 01-30-13, 08:18 PM   #80
Jrob78

Just an update, as of right now these people have confirmed their participation.

Gbassman
kennethdaysale - Paid
bamabassman - PaidCrankbait
Woody
nobass - Paid
IowaBasser
Bubba_Bruiser - Paid
Joedog - Paid
Keithdog
Bassboss
nofearengineer - Paid
lilmule
Pam Sale
bluebasser86
Carolina-rig-01
Rebbasser
MississippiBoy - Paid
Bcklash - Paid
Jrob78 - Paid

For those who want in, send me a PM with "2013 Contest" as the subject and your state of residence in the body. I will send you payment details in my reply. Please copy co-judge, 1/4stick on the PM.

Last edited by Jrob78; 01-31-13 at 03:00 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 08:20 PM   #81
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
BassinBandit wants to play!!!!!
Go ahead and send me another pm for Adam, please.
Old 01-30-13, 08:32 PM   #82
kennethdaysale

21 !!! I'm thinking we should now set our sights on 30. With a 600 pot I see a 6'8" MH F Micro Phoenix K2 with a matte finish and minimalist grips and KDS just aboce the keeper with ample room for a good 2nd

Jrob78 - Paid Very sly-minimal fanfare-low key-subtle-modest-understated-yet charmingly optimistic considering the fish you're up against. Good Luck Jrob!

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 01-30-13 at 08:38 PM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 08:33 PM   #83
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Just an update, as of right now these people have confirmed their participation.

Gbassman
kennethdaysale - Paid
bamabassman
Crankbait
Woody
nobass - Paid
IowaBasser
Bubba_Bruiser - Paid
Joedog - Paid
Keithdog
Bassboss
nofearengineer - Paid
lilmule
Pam Sale
bluebasser86
Carolina-rig-01
Rebbasser
MississippiBoy - Paid
Bcklash
Jrob78 - Paid

For those who want in, send me a PM with "2013 Contest" as the subject and your state of residence in the body. I will send you payment details in my reply. Please copy co-judge, 1/4stick on the PM.
bump.............................................. ...........................bump
Old 01-30-13, 08:39 PM   #84
kennethdaysale

Default stick

Hey
Oh one more thing... 1/4 stick....you know that I've always been crazy about you don't you! I absolutely Loved the vlogs you used to do man! I think your woodcrafting skills are simply amazing! I Love your new Ranger truck, whenever I see a picture of you I see a perfect reflection of a walking erection!! PM sent xoxoxo

BTW I'm gonna be in Wyoming on business in April and then thought I might swing through N Dakota for a couple weeks after that!! Suckers

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 01-30-13 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-30-13, 09:14 PM   #85
bamabassman

jrob...you ain't got my photocopy $20.00 bill yet? it SHOULD be there anyday now..PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS OYU GET IT. THANKS!

now i got 1 little question....i was asked (name with held for the simple reason...i am with holding it, AND IT AIN'T ME ASKING,LOL)

someone asked me if there is a rulle AGAINST USING LIVE BAIT. now i say that you msut use ARTIFICIAL BAIT ONLY. but i will leave it to kenneth and the judges to decide the final verdict. what say ye ol gurus of the contest?

now i also sent lebron a message on fb, he may join in too. LET'S GET HIM TO DO IT!!

now...when I WIN.....i want the rod to be white, threading on eyelets are to be CRIMSON, full cork handle with CRIMSON AND ELEPHANT GREY THREADING IN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PATTERN. a picture of the "A" on the butt of the handle. micro guides al the way....let's see..what else......hmmm....

i'll get back to ya.......

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!!
Old 01-30-13, 09:24 PM   #86
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
jrob...you ain't got my photocopy $20.00 bill yet? it SHOULD be there anyday now..PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS OYU GET IT. THANKS!

Still waiting. I will let everyone know by PM when I receive your payment. I will mark you as "paid" in the ongoing list.

now i got 1 little question....i was asked (name with held for the simple reason...i am with holding it, AND IT AIN'T ME ASKING,LOL)

someone asked me if there is a rulle AGAINST USING LIVE BAIT. now i say that you msut use ARTIFICIAL BAIT ONLY. but i will leave it to kenneth and the judges to decide the final verdict. what say ye ol gurus of the contest?

I hadn't even considered live bait, just because I always assume most people don't use it. I think in the spirit of competition, live bait shouldn't be used but I can't see making a rule against it. It's legal to bass fish with live bait, so it's legal in our tournament.

now i also sent lebron a message on fb, he may join in too. LET'S GET HIM TO DO IT!!

now...when I WIN.....i want the rod to be white, threading on eyelets are to be CRIMSON, full cork handle with CRIMSON AND ELEPHANT GREY THREADING IN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PATTERN. a picture of the "A" on the butt of the handle. micro guides al the way....let's see..what else......hmmm....

i'll get back to ya.......

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!!
Let's get to 30!
Old 01-30-13, 09:48 PM   #87
bamabassman

OK JOE!! THAT IS FINE BY ME MAN FOR REAL. live bait is legal folks. NOW DON'T GO RIPPING UP OYUR WIFES PANTY HOSES....HAHAHAHHAA!!!
Old 01-30-13, 10:24 PM   #88
aikenyounggun

I'm leaning towards a yes. I would assume not many of use live bait a lot, I would rather not see it, but I guess it is legal. But I would like one stipulation, I think live bait on bedding fish should be illegal for fairness. Cause that's a huge advantage. Just a thought
Old 01-30-13, 10:47 PM   #89
nofearengineer

How about no morality plays and let's all just try to catch some big ol' bass.
Old 01-30-13, 11:06 PM   #90
Bassboss

Pop says "He'll think about it."
Old 01-30-13, 11:09 PM   #91
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post

!
Of all the questions asked about the rules this one I think might be worth getting more than a couple of casual nods. I'm guessing that 10% or less of the contestants use live bait much if at all. I could imagine that if one of us happened to catch the winning fish on bait that it could open the door to some hurt feelings. As someone who spent 5 years studying and perfecting the art of correctly freeling shiners, and have nothing but respect for the skill and patience it takes, I still understand that the majority of fisherman haven't done it-don't understand it-and consider it borderline cheating whether it's "legal" or not.

So I strongly suggest we go with artificials only or at least get a clear MAJORITY to agree to amend the rules to include them. (which by the way would be the only change/amendment since originally posted).

Bryce is this a morality play? I don't think so, but I'm not really sure what a morality play is?

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 01-30-13 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-30-13, 11:30 PM   #92
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Of all the questions asked about the rules this one I think might be worth getting more than a couple of casual nods. I'm guessing that 10% or less of the contestants use live bait much if at all. I could imagine that if one of us happened to catch the winning fish on bait that it could open the door to some hurt feelings. As someone who spent 5 years studying and perfecting the art of correctly freeling shiners, and have nothing but respect for the skill and patience it takes, I still understand that the majority of fisherman haven't done it-don't understand it-and consider it borderline cheating whether it's "legal" or not.

So I strongly suggest we go with artificials only or at least get a clear MAJORITY to agree to amend the rules to include them. (which by the way would be the only change/amendment since originally posted).

Bryce is this a morality play? I don't think so, but I'm not really sure what a morality play is?
This is a democracy, if anyone has strong feelings (or any feelings) one way or another, please voice them. We need to get all this stuff ironed out now so no one has hard feelings later.
Old 01-30-13, 11:50 PM   #93
nofearengineer

I just mean that short of dynamite, telephone wires, or purse seines, I really don't care how anyone else catches them. One way of fishing is no better than any other. Personally, I had not planned on using live bait. I would consider the advantage, if any, to be statistically insignificant.
Old 01-31-13, 12:04 AM   #94
Bassboss

I think one big advantage to live bait the fact that the fish gains the weight of the 6" bream you just used for bait... not to mention they just tend to catch bigger fish.

I'd personally rather see just artificial's used, but am not strongly apposed to live bait.
Old 01-31-13, 12:49 AM   #95
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I just mean that short of dynamite, telephone wires, or purse seines, I really don't care how anyone else catches them. One way of fishing is no better than any other. Personally, I had not planned on using live bait. I would consider the advantage, if any, to be statistically insignificant.
"One way of fishing is no better than any other."
That's profound! Millions of us over decades have apparently been pi$$ing up the proverbial rope trying to find a better way Can you imagine the reaction if BPS suddenly adopted a new business model and started putting that phrase on the cover of their catalogs!!

But seriously, if most of yall want to allow live bait that's fine with me.
Old 01-31-13, 12:59 AM   #96
nofearengineer

Haha, I guess that didn't come out just right, did it?
Old 01-31-13, 01:03 AM   #97
MississippiBoy

I'm probably not going to fish with live bait, but I have zero problem if someone else wants to.
Old 01-31-13, 07:25 AM   #98
kennethdaysale

Here's a recap of contestants feelings about allowing "living lures"

"now i say that you msut use ARTIFICIAL BAIT ONLY" bama ..1/30

"I think in the spirit of competition, live bait shouldn't be used" Jrob 1/30

"So I strongly suggest we go with artificials only" KDS1/30

"I'd personally rather see just artificial's used," bassboss 1/30

"Personally, I had not planned on using live bait.I really don't care how anyone else catches them" NFE 1/30

"I'm probably not going to fish with live bait, but I have zero problem if someone else wants to." 'sippi 1/31

That's four NO and two Neutrel
UNLESS 6 or 7 players get on here and make an extremely strong case for YES......
I think it's safe to say Live Bait is Dead
Old 01-31-13, 08:36 AM   #99
keithdog

I don't think live bait has ever been in my boat, and doubt it ever will. Allowing live bait certainly is legal and not a deal breaker, but I'm not in favor of it. I'll leave it up to the judges to decide. If someone wants to use it, I guess it's not a big deal. I will cringe though if the biggest bass is caught on a bee moth! haha
Old 01-31-13, 08:51 AM   #100
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

My only case would be in the interest of casting shiners for my boys . I do not promote it, nor do I discourage to keep the boys interested. As for myself, no, for my kids...if they say daddy grab some minnows, well in the best interest of keeping them interested, I won't frown upon it. Just my side of things. I also would not frown upon other guys doing it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.