Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-06, 04:44 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Super Spook Jr.

Being a fan of the original spook, I saw where the super spook jr. comes with tail feathers and is shorter, easier to "walk the dog", anyone have a fav color or have had good luck with them this year?

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 04:55 PM   #2
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Owner

Owner used to produce a Zipping Ziggy that was and still is the sweetist dog around. The mold was sold to lucky craft but they changed the eye and it is just not the same. Dog walker X is my next favorite dog. Then the Zara Spook named after ladies of the evening in Zaragrosso Florida and there style of using little dogs to walk the corners. Thank you Mr. Heddon....

Capt Mike
Old 06-02-06, 05:00 PM   #3
pig n jig

JB, I am hurt. I am the #1 fan of the spook jr's.I do not like a feather tail on them, maybe the only topwater bait I use without a feather tail.In my opinion, all you need for colors are 2 basic colors, unless you fish at night then you need three.The 2 daytime colors are one with a chrome belly and one with a white belly.Bright sunny mornings, use a chrome color and when its cloudy and overcast use a white belly and of course black for night fishing. I will post my three picks. P N J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spook jr.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	448  
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 05:15 PM   #4
JB

pnj,
i figured some out there in kevins bassforums land , it had already been mentioned who likes this bait, I was kinda foggy, didn't mean to step on your toes, I knew ya like the tube/jig, but had no idea ya did it on top too

anyways, I had wondered about preferences about the tail feathers.
I always have believed on the belly, that the white is close enough to a bass's belly or other injured fish
Old 06-02-06, 05:16 PM   #5
pig n jig

Capt, here is an original zip & ziggy with a spook jr.They are smaller,more difficult to cast , but above all , they don't rattle like a super spook jr will. P N J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zipziggy.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	449  
Old 06-02-06, 05:20 PM   #6
JB

dang pnj,
how much ya spend on those quality hooks? I 've notice all your baits have primo trebs
Old 06-02-06, 05:34 PM   #7
pig n jig

JB, I have been reserving information for future testing & inspection of a original zara spook bait that is being made again. I will let you figure it out quite simply by telling you, I seen it from a picture you posted here at the site. P N J
Old 06-02-06, 06:42 PM   #8
JB

I usually throw the zara spook almost everytime I fish in the summer, I am eager to get a super spook jr and see if its easier to walk the dog as advertised, and most importantly, catchs fish...anit that right pnj
Old 06-02-06, 07:19 PM   #9
pig n jig

JB, I am going to get a few of these to try, just because. They are what you posted a while back, except you posted an original zara spook sway back minnow. P N J http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/w...AYBACK%20SPOOK
Old 06-02-06, 07:39 PM   #10
JB

ya i am thinking the sway back is a tad larger pnj,
and as always, its good to see you thinkin'
Old 06-02-06, 07:42 PM   #11
pig n jig

JB, Do you want to borrow a spook jr ? I have got spook jr's & beyond the first echelon of them changed and ready to fish, there is the reserve cache of original spook jr's just in case they are discontinued. I would require you to send it back to me when you were done testing it.I really recommend someone to buy the super spook jr over the spook jr, even though I refer to them both as spook jr's. P N J
Old 06-02-06, 08:20 PM   #12
JB

naw pnj, i plan on buying one tomorrow, I've been saving my lunch money and skipping that 2nd box of chocolate milk, so I figure that I can afford one, but thanks anywho
Old 06-02-06, 08:50 PM   #13
pig n jig

That second box of chocolate milk wasn't used as bait at the factory ? I know that factory girls and chocolate flavored anything goes together like peas & carrots ? Pork chops & applesauce ? Hot deep dish apple pie & vanilla ice cream ? I was going to say, you could have one, but I found it funny to demand getting it back, like that would happen once you caught fish on it ? P N J
Old 06-04-06, 12:58 PM   #14
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Baby bass.
Old 06-04-06, 08:09 PM   #15
FlyRod

I likes 'em, but lost my favorite one...you know, the one in the finish they don't make any(%&$#^!more.

SS Juniors Rule!

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 12:54 PM   #16
Captmikestarrett

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Capt, here is an original zip & ziggy with a spook jr.They are smaller,more difficult to cast , but above all , they don't rattle like a super spook jr will. P N J

OH yes more weight and bulk. But I do not use a bait caster to throw them. Ah ha I learned a trick many years ago to use a five foot med light spinning rod with a good back bone and some braided 20lb test power pro. It can cast real far and I can walk the dog and handle big fish too. The secret is the rod being so short it can be pointed straight down at the water and walk the dog with no slack. Second it is very accurate with cupping the reel for distance. Third it does not fatigue you.

But I do have the big baitcaster and the big JR for when I go south to NC GA or FL. I think it is a tidal Potomac thing to use smaller baits.

Capt Mike
Old 06-05-06, 02:54 PM   #17
pig n jig

Fly Rod, Instant message me and describe the color. I may very well have it, or can find it for you.I seem to collect the spook jrs. P N J
Old 06-06-06, 06:20 AM   #18
1FASTLASER

The black shore minnow and the chrome/black back are killer colors and have worked everywhere for me. When conditions are right they will outfish just about anything out there.
Old 06-10-06, 10:14 PM   #19
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

80% of the lures on the market are designed to catch fishermen. 20 % actually do catch big fish.This lure is for real. I like the clear prism colors in clear water and red and white in stained. The tail feather adds a little bit. I have been addung them for several years when the fish seemed to not take the bait as deep as normal, Fish2win

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.