Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-09-12, 11:15 AM   #1
musikman43155
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Shimano Crucial

I've decided I want the Shimano Crucial Reaction spinnerbait rod. It's offered in a MH-F 3/8-1/2 & a MH-XF 1/2-1. I'll probably almost always throw 3/8 to 1/2 oz spinnerbaits & occasionally throw 1/4's or 3/4's.

Should I go with the upper, or lower end of the lure weight that I intend on using most?

I wish I could find a 6'9"-6'10" MH F-XF with a 1/4 to 3/4 rating under $180.

Any suggestions?
musikman43155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 11:54 AM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kistler has the Micro Mag 6'9" MH-F 1/8 - 3/4, and the new Abu Garcia Villian comes in a 6'9" MH-F 1/4 -1. I have not used either of these rods, just trying to offer possible alternatives. Hear allot of good things about the Kistler rods, but have never owned one.
Old 03-09-12, 12:31 PM   #3
musikman43155
BassFishin.Com Member

I saw that particular Kistler & it seemed to have a shorter than normal handle.
Old 03-09-12, 12:35 PM   #4
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikman43155 View Post
I saw that particular Kistler & it seemed to have a shorter than normal handle.
I think bassboogieman on here uses allot of Kistler rods, he would be a good one to talk with, I just don't have any experience with them.

If not try Bigbassin144, he is very fond of the Kistler and will have allot to say about them also......
Old 03-09-12, 01:57 PM   #5
arfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Tackle Warehouse has some models of their Powell Endurance rods on sale for 109.88, and they fit your lure weight recommendation. The 673-CEF is rated for 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. Personally I like a fast action taper for spinnerbait, but this rod may be a little too fast for your liking.

A little more expensive but my personal favorite for at or under $150 is the Dobyns Savvy Micro(or non-micro same price and blank) SSM 663C.
Its 6'6" so a little shorter than your 6'10", but its a hell of nice rod. A very versatile rod, its great for spinnerbaits and shallow cranks like a Bandit 100.

If you can wait a few months you can pick up a Falcon Cara Split Grip T7 Rod CC-6-1610S on one of the tackle websites for 15 to 20% off Memorial Day sale, putting it in your price range. Loomis and Shimano are usually excluded from those sales.

Last edited by arfish; 03-09-12 at 02:09 PM.
arfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 09:57 PM   #6
musikman43155
BassFishin.Com Member

Actually, I bought the Powell 6'7" for buzzbaits & lighter spinnerbaits. I decided to go with the Shimano Crucial MH XF 1/2-1 to cover the entire spectrum.
Old 03-10-12, 10:13 PM   #7
bassboogieman

I saw my name concerning Kistlers - I've used them for 9 years and love the rods produced previous to about mid-2009 and would not recomment the rods produced in China after that date. There was another thread a few days ago in which I have a lenthy post concern Kistler rods. Check the remarks concerning the Magnesium by Bender in that thread, his experience reflects the decline in Kistler production rods since the manufacture was relocated to China (in various stages) in 2009. http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=31911
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.