Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-06, 11:39 PM   #1
bubba bass bigfoot
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Bedding Bass Help? Any Stress On Them?? Please Help.

http://www.billdanceoutdoors.com/cgi...774;p=1#000000

Click the link to Read my Question, answer it on here. Please Help. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by bubba bass bigfoot; 12-28-06 at 12:07 AM.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 09:07 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

pros have made a living off of sight fishing and catching bedding bass.
Usually targeting the bigger females.
Yes it is stressful to the bass, but doesn't necessarily mean you're going to kill that bass or prevent it from spawning.
You're going to get dif. replies to this one, some leave the bedding bass alone, and usually don't end up with a paycheck for that tourney ROFL
You're best best is to have some time on the water, go out weeks before the water temp is just right to bed, and observe the males and occasional female cruising the banks looking for a place to bed.
If you do spot a big female on the bed, it may take hours to coax her to bite, and that bite is usually just to move the object out of the bed, much like the male that guards the bed will keep bluegills out of that area.
Some will tell you a white or pink trick worm over the bed will make them hit, I prefer to go a week or 2-3 before the spawn(for ohio that could be march, april)..it really all depends on the water temp...they won't spawn or nest if the waters to cold...so when you hear that the waters in the 50's or near 60, go out and hunt them prespawn, you'll do better.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 10:00 PM   #3
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Copy and paste my friend. I don't think it will, but thats just me!
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 11:38 PM   #4
Jolly
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We prepare all year for the 6 weeks of spawn fishing. It is the best, funnest, biggest fishing time for us all year. From both a sportsman and conservationist standpoint, I, personally, have no problems catching bass off the beds when you release them (females) quickly. I have caught the same male off a bed 3 days running in an attempt to catch the female. SOME fish will not go back to their beds but if you bed fish as much as I do you see that when you catch the male they generaly have a mouth full of holes because they have been caught so much, and are still on the bed. We continually, catch a male, put him in the livewell (if legal) and spend hours trying to catch the female. When/if we catch the female, we release both and the female usually takes off and the male is back on the bed within minutes. The only problem with bed fishing is when people keep and kill those bedding females to eat or mount. That is rediculous and should be a crime IMO.

Of course, you will prabably get 10 different opinions from 10 different fishermen.

Jolly

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.