Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-16-06, 07:18 PM   #1
FishinWrestler
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weird trip

This past friday i had off school so a buddy and i wend fishing. We were throwing carolina rigs off points with steep drops, also i tried to throw a spinnerbait up close to shore and slow roll it back. We did not get a bite untill noon, and then we cought six with no keepers (18") and they came on a c-bait in the middle of a cove over 12' of water. Im going again sat and sun if anybody had any tips that would be great.
FishinWrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 07:28 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

try flukes and senko type baits. fish them in and around cover.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 08:04 PM   #3
FishinWrestler
BassFishin.Com Member

i was also maybe going to try a different lakethat is smaller and has more cover. The lake is 30min closer and the report says that the bass are hitting spinner baits and plastic worms in and around cover. Do you think that i could fish a c-bait like a spinner bait and have it be productive.
Old 10-17-06, 08:10 PM   #4
skeeter944

well,the report said that those would catch bass,so use them. experiment with different colors and sizes until the bass tell what they want. fish the spinnerbaits slower to medium,again,let the bass tell you what color and retreive that they want. good luck! remember to bring along a camera and post some pics!
Old 10-17-06, 08:17 PM   #5
FishinWrestler
BassFishin.Com Member

i got some good pics from spring but i cant figure out how to post them. If you could help me i would be more than glad to post them.
Old 10-17-06, 08:52 PM   #6
skeeter944

well,make an account on a picture hosting website like villagephotos.com,and click sign up for free. then upload your pictures to the computor and resize them using microsoft picture manager,then upload them onto the photo website,then get on bassfishin.com and get villagephotos.com at the same time,2 differant servers,and click the insert image icon at the top of the quick replie box,and go to the photo that you want to post, highlight the url by clicking and dragging until all is covered in blue,and then right click it,click cut,then go to the insert image box and right click,then click paste,click ok,and if you did everything right,your image will appear!
Old 10-17-06, 09:08 PM   #7
FishinWrestler
BassFishin.Com Member

im tryin it now
thanks
Old 10-17-06, 09:15 PM   #8
FishinWrestler
BassFishin.Com Member

i will try again later my laptop is running slow so i will try from my desktop later. Thanks again for the help
Old 10-17-06, 09:29 PM   #9
skeeter944

no problem.
Old 10-20-06, 10:00 AM   #10
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I agree with Skeeter. Follow the reports leads to start with and keep your retrieves in the spinnerbaits slow to medium. You caught my attention when you said you caught bass in the center of a cove in 12 feet of water on C baits. Around here this time of year, once the sun gets above the trees, say around 10:30 or so, C Baits in 8-12 foot of water seems to be the most productive pattern year in year out. But only as long as there are green weedbeds down there to hold them. I usually catch my biggest bass of the year this way. Lookin foreward to seeing those pics.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.