Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-10, 05:16 PM   #1
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Rapala crank depth chart

Anyone have a link for the Rapala Crank bait depth chart? It had a bait depth per lb test of line
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 06:57 PM   #2
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I used to have one and got bummed out when I lost it. I have searched and cannot find it anywhere on the net. I somewhat recall that the information in the book was based on using standard 10# mono filament which meant that the user had to make adjustments if the line were thicker or thinner.

Sure hope that someone finds it as a pdf some where online. I would also love to have such information handy.
Old 12-28-10, 07:12 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Try this link. Is that what you're after?

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 08:11 PM   #4
Marty

I'd be leery of the depths on that linked-to page. The numbers are high and may be based on trolling.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 09:44 PM   #5
mrrippnlip
BassFishin.Com Member

I sell the Rapala books in my store:

http://www.rippn-lips.com/servlet/th...Casting/Detail
mrrippnlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 11:16 PM   #6
islandbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Try this link. Is that what you're after?

I did come across that, but the rapala book is much more detailed. As they say, "ain't nothin' like the real deal." That is however, a very nice resource, no doubt.

Last edited by islandbass; 12-29-10 at 01:42 PM.
islandbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 07:07 AM   #7
Ebbetsguy

Hey mrrippnlip thats not it, and i would only buy from stores that sponsor this site , not someone who has just shown up with his first posts for his store.

Marty ; Thanks I am looking for the old one, I was all over their site, it seems they only have the lengthy booklet available now.Marty: it was something you said in answer to a question someone had about the "new" no rattle cranks by Strike king that got my interest in an old tried and true lure. You said No rattle lures are not new, you said you had a lot of them RAPALA SHAD RAPS, so do I ! Thanks for that you have continually been the source of sound and experienced information on these sites.
Old 12-29-10, 08:08 AM   #8
walkeraviator

I hear ya Ebbet. I learn how to crankbait using shad raps, and are still my go to crank bait in clear or cold water. Their Crawdad color (which is like a copper color shad) is my top producer at Kentucky Lake every spring.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 09:24 AM   #9
Ebbetsguy

I started to hate rattles about 2 years ago and asking around. Here is where i am at
I have 4 DT's to cover the various depths,none deep, that are Crayfish patterns, they have rattles, so do craw fish/ I am not one for match the hatch, and a firm believer that as long as you convince a bass this is the biggest meal with the least amount of energy put out, your in!. Loud rattles , after a long time using them, are more of a switch to turn bass off than to get them to bite. This comes after a few seasons of using Rattling baits vs quite baits, with my partner, on the same day/same body of water. See I don't trust Tackle Tour Reviews/infomercials any longer.Besides it gives us something to fish for,
Now went out and some trading and sales later I have a few Shad Raps and Shallow Shad Raps. I also have 4 Bagleys Cranks. Thats it, as I have found to carry what i know works for me,. in a few basic colors and by limiting my choices, instead of carrying the Whole BPS catalog with me, all my trips are more fun, and strangely enough more fish caught

I don;t deep crank if I am deep it's Jigs or C rigs for me.
Old 12-29-10, 09:28 AM   #10
Ebbetsguy

Thanks for all the input, I am afraid it's an out of use chart, I sometimes forget how long i keep things around that really work. I am going to a seminar in January and will ask the fellas there, If I can get one Ill make it available for free, to anyone that might want it

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.