Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-04, 05:50 AM   #1
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261
Default 10 big bass secrets.

No. 1
Huge bass are notoriously lazy and are wanderers looking for something which doesn't fight back. For this reason I will modify my wooden topwater lures until they are barely buoyant and allow them to sink after pulling them a few feet.

No. 2
Buck tail Magic
Buck tail spinner baits and buck tail spinners catch some of the biggest bass I have seen. Usually caught while fishing for muskie. The buck tail material is notorious for catching larger fish amongst fish such as trout, muskie and smallmouth and its blury action can also work wonders on large bass

No. 3
Jig and Pig is always a big bass catcher
Swimming it from shallow to deeper water at a lazy rate has produced my biggest bass. The water is very clear in this area and because of this bigger fish will avoid the boat. Longer pitches down slow banks are required to get the largest bass.

No. 4
Never Stop Casting. I have seen massive bass come out of nothingness. Keep casting to any transition you see. Color changes in the bottom and rock structure changes on the shore are places not commonly casted to and can produce the biggest bass.

No. 5
Stormy Weather can move big bass into shallow cover. Fishing big texas rigged worms through matte cover can produce behemoths which would be more difficult to catch in normal conditions

No 6
Areas which produce big bass will continue to produce big bass. If a you catch a big bass on a certain piece of cover there is a good chance that another bass will return to that cover. The time of day that this occurs may be difficult to time so return to the spot often at different times of the day.

No 7
Lures which produce big bass should be marked and kept in another case. Salmon fishermen I know in Nova Scotia will keep every fly which catches a salmon and put it into a different case. They then try to duplicate that pattern as accurately as possible. Put your big bass lures into a different case until tournament day and try to record the conditions of the catch including cover, weather and barometer. If those conditions match on tournament day then that lure could be a big hit.

No. 8
Shallow areas and cover near the deepest water are where the biggest bass in an area will hang out. Their escape to deep water is the reason that they have grown so large. Find deep areas to 20 feet, shallow flats, cover and dropoffs.

No 9
Big lures retrieved in a lazy fashion like long worms and shads make for an easy lunker lunch. Emphasis on lazy.

No.10
Zara Spook. Enough said. It catches above average fish.

[glow=blue,2,300] Robby. [/glow]
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.