Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 09-05-06, 04:27 PM   #1
ironman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ironman
Default Time and moon

I was wanting what are the best times of the year to fish for bass and also I was wanting to know what are the types of moon that tell you that their is good fishing tomarrow???
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 04:53 PM   #2
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The best time to bass fish is any time of the year that you can get out there. Nothing replaces time on the water when you are trying to gain experience. You just have to know where and how to fish them. If you must have a times, then I would say early spring right before the spwan and early fall when the weather just starts to cool down. Reason being: Early spring is when they are getting ready for the spawn and getting back the stored fat they might have lost during the winter. Early fall is when the water temp is cooling down and the bass are getting ready for winter by fattening up and building reserves for the really cold days. Their metabolism slows down in the winter, so they either don't eat as much, or they move very slow. That is why I say know how to fish them for the time of year you are out.

As far as the moon goes, I never go by that. Some old timers swear by it and might tell you that the moon holds all the info you need, but I never go by that stuff. I tried to follow the almanac one year and found it to be total bull.
Old 09-05-06, 05:10 PM   #3
ironman

Thank's for the great response.I thought maybe the moon would be important bcause it works in hunting and it affect's everything.
Old 09-05-06, 05:35 PM   #4
CarpMan

The moon phase is very important to the bass angler. There are many other variables to take into consideration as well. Things such as depth, structure, cover, water temperature/color, the presence of baitfish and cloud cover…Keep a log of your fishing trips, should include date, time, moon phase, types of baits used, your catch rate. Footnotes of anything else that you may want to log. If you do this , eventually you will find a pattern and will catch fish. But you have to fish, fish, fish. And yes! The moon phase does play a very important part in the spawning cycle. You will be a much better angler if you pay attention to what is going on around you. Try to think like a bass.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 05:47 PM   #5
ironman

O.k. I will make my very own fishing journal.
Old 09-05-06, 06:00 PM   #6
mack

you can probably find a solunar table in online...or in a fishing magazine for the month..it will list the moon phases of each date...and it will have color shadings for the best day...
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 06:19 PM   #7
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

if you have a garmin GPS it will give you the best times to catch fish or hunt anywhere in the world on any day and it really works on those slow days.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 06:23 PM   #8
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Yeah, I switched from a Garmin to Lowrance GPS, and that's the one thing I miss.
I even emailed Lowrance and requested the feature, got a canned response
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 06:48 PM   #9
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah thats what you get for buying lowrance HORRIBLE customer service and a piece of crap product.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.