Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-31-06, 10:17 AM   #1
malak05
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Need some fishing Strategy advice

Hey me and my brother fish regular in a lake impoundment has two large rivers running into it and a canal that woulds all the way through the impoundment, good bit of points laydowns and docks, where going fishing and when we fish we like to use crankbaits and soft plastics, the conditions for this whole week have been mostly overcast with thunderstorms in the afternoon so water should be up slightly and it should have cooled the water back down to at least the mid 80's, where going saturday again to the lake for the first time in like 3 weeks and it supposed to be overcast, anyone got any suggestions on strategies to try???
malak05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 10:21 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like you can get the bass right off the banks if theres overcast and its been raining, try flipping a craw and using a spinnerbait, its been working for us here this week...it sounds like primo conditions if its not to muddy
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 11:01 AM   #3
malak05
BassFishin.Com Member

Appreciate the advice, its been scorching hot over the past few months water & oxygen levels on the lake took a big hit and these past few weeks its been milder and raining alot more so hopefully this will help correct that, the only problem is that one of the river's is known for it's muddiness lol so water clarity is a issue at times down there.
malak05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 01:20 PM   #4
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You might want to try a top-water bait early. If you get on the fish don't put that bait away.
Fished muddy water once with a Rick Clunn 1.5 in American Shad. Caught 4 good fish (in a tournament). How they could see this bait is a question. Perhaps it was the action that caused these fish to hit.
Weight: 12.35.
Old 08-31-06, 05:52 PM   #5
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Muddy water=black soft plastics.
Thats at least my favorite mud bait, as I am a soft plastic guy. I use a 4 inch renegade worm,T-rigged.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-06, 07:27 AM   #6
GorillaWarfare
BassFishin.Com Active Member

When we fish Beaver Lake up here in Arkansas we head for the mud and throw white/chart spinners and chatterbaits. Another good bait is a citrus shad crank. My personal favorite is a spinnerbait by wareagle called coleslaw. It has white blade and a white chart blue green skirt. Hope this helps.
GW
GorillaWarfare is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.