Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 04-27-14, 10:57 PM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Zookerfest- A special thanks to Don

I want to thank Nobass for running the show this year. The Harbor house wasn't completely ready and he talked them into letting us stay on houseboats saving me from having to walk up a long flight of stairs and thats not good with 2 bad knees!! He done a 1st class job.

Thank You Don

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dale Hollow 2014 110.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	9036
Click image for larger version

Name:	Don lunker.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	9037

This is a 3.9 smallie that Don while putting on a clinic for my friend Danny the 1st night we were there. They were only out about 2 hours or less and Don caught 4 smallmouth that 3.9 being the biggest.

Again Thanks Don!!

Also Don and Mike kept some food on the table.
Old 04-28-14, 08:10 AM   #2
nobass

yes that was one of those once it a lifetime fishing events. got four in boat and lost two. all fish where 3 plus. was throwing a chart fluke on 1/6 scouger jig on 8lb floro. most where about ten foot off bank. all had eggs in them . man i thought we would tear them up. went out with guide and son in law hoppng son in law would get 1st bigg smallie no luck on fish caught where by guide. said he saw them on bed. it was a 6 plus sm. and 4 plus lg. king of pissed me off 400 dollars two fish cauaght he should have told jeff to throw to them as that was the whole point of hiring him. never again. everyon was strrugling thur and friday i thought the bait monkey was mind they started to bite sat afternoon if lost a 8 plus smallie got her to boat 2 times last time about 10 in from net and she broke off. 2nd was 3plus threw hook. but thats fishing. had great time
Old 04-28-14, 09:49 AM   #3
woody

I also would like to give a big thanks to Don for hosting this event. Don you did a great job as host! You did good thing by accommodating us with two houseboats that were docked side by side. There is no doubt in my mind that by keeping us together like this made for some really good fellowship, where everyone was " happy, happy!" I also want to thank you for inviting Captain Gene over for an impromtu smallmouth Seninar on Thursday night. His words of advise sure did help me to get on the fish.

And Don the best part was that you were just whole lot of fun to be with. You were easy to talk to and we had a ton of great conversation together. I'm really looking forward to the next time!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 11:45 AM   #4
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

For sure!
Don did a great job of hosting!

Pretty cool that he set up a meet n greet with Gene Austin!

BTW....Don doesn't always have that "hey you kids, get out of my yard!" look lol

Thanks Don!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.