Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-06, 10:05 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Weight issue

Hey all , I have been fishing my city lake , only because I can get there in 2 minutes. I know it doesnt have any huge bass in it , but its good for me to learn on. I bought a Strike King spinnerbait today , and it drags the bottom of the lake , because the majority of this lake appears to be 8' with a small channel about 17' , what weight of spinner would work in shallow waters ? Also I bought a Heddon Torpeto , wow this thing works , got two fish and alot of close calls , the fish seemed to hit in front of it sometimes ? I would reel it in , then stop , reel it in....so on.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-06, 10:23 PM   #2
fluke
BassFishin.Com Member

the size that would work good for shallow water would propably be 1/4 to 3/8 oz.The style of blade will also help,colorados have a little more lift to them then say willow blades.Indiana is a good in-between.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.