Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-16-07, 04:03 PM   #1
BassChamp88
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to BassChamp88
Default Zoom Trick Worms

I jus bought a pack of zoom trick worms junebug chartruese. i had heard some rele great things about them. i was just wwondering how should i fish these bad boys out of a small lake???
BassChamp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-07, 08:57 PM   #2
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

T-rigged, weightless. If wind or weeds are a issue, add a small slpit shot. Cast to cover, allow plenty of patience and time for it to sink, raise rod tip from straight out, to around 60 degrees, up and lert fall again. Always watch yoru line, and if a heavyness is felt on the end of the line, set the hook. They also work well with a c-rig. These baits are quite a bit like a Senko type bait. Not much rod/reel action needed to be effective, the slow fall is where most of the hits will come.

Lizards
Old 07-16-07, 09:25 PM   #3
pbruessow@msn.com
BassFishin.Com Member

Junebug's a great color! I actually catch more fish pitching these worms Texas Rigged with 1/8 to 1/4 oz weight into bulrush, grass, etc. Even with the do nothing action, they just seem to get bit more than ribbon or hook tail worms.

I also have had great success with C. rig in deeper water! Use them just like your regular worms as well as weightless and I think you will be very surprised!
Old 07-16-07, 09:37 PM   #4
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I caught my personal best with a black zoom trick worm, i was throwing it t-rigged and weighted into a grass pile, i simply reeled, stoped, lifted my rod up, and BAM fish on. Landed the 10lb 3oz hawg. Fishing a trick worm requires no tricks, just reel, lift, pause, reel again if necassery.
Old 07-16-07, 10:21 PM   #5
BassChamp88
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to BassChamp88

Thanks everybody i will test them out this weekend
BassChamp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-07, 11:52 PM   #6
Rebbasser

Try one on a Carolina rig. Seems like I throw a trickworm on a C-rig more than anything.
Old 07-17-07, 10:19 AM   #7
Bass'n Gal
BassFishin.Com Member

Wacky rigged trick worms can be deadly!!
Old 07-17-07, 11:35 AM   #8
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass'n Gal View Post
Wacky rigged trick worms can be deadly!!
Well, so can Tricky-rigged Wack Worms, so there

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-07, 12:37 PM   #9
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Has anyone ever tried wacky rigged trick worm on a c-rig? Maybe on a smaller, weedless finese hook. I'm not sure if the idea is stupid or not. What do you think??
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 06:39 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

don't be affraid to dead stick them, you can throw them into shallow water weightless and t-rigged around trees, docks, grass, ect. as you retrieve it just give your rod sharp twitches to make it dance, it looks awesome coming through the water like this. but as it comes up to something like a stump or rockpile or what have ya just let it slowly sink to the bottom. let it sit there a while maybe give it real light twitches but keep it around this structure as long as possible. it seems like a lot of people over work this bait because they fall in love with watching it dart and dive. i think that a lot of lathargic bass will notice it coming towards their hideout but not want to chase it down, now when you let it sit infront of their face it can be the difference between getting bit or assuming there wasn't a fish around to begin with. just like anything else you need to experiment with it and find all applications so you don't get one deminsional with it. it's also a great bait in the spring when bass are either on beds or just cruising shallow water.
Old 07-20-07, 10:05 AM   #11
spencer
BassFishin.Com Member

does anyone know why iyt takes so long to post anything on here? I have been trying to get my jigs out to everyone but it does not post! Go to blackangeljigs.com and check them out.http://www.blackangeljigs.com
spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 12:05 AM   #12
basschamp4
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i have those same trick worms and was wondering if these are too big for the smaller bass my pond does not have too many big ones

i was just wondering if it is possible that small bass could not want to bite them
basschamp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 12:18 AM   #13
ILfishinman

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

if they are too big, just pinch off a portion of the worm XD
Old 07-26-07, 05:45 PM   #14
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschamp4 View Post
i have those same trick worms and was wondering if these are too big for the smaller bass my pond does not have too many big ones

i was just wondering if it is possible that small bass could not want to bite them

No way is a Zoom trick worm too small for a bass of 8" or bigger. I'll even bet you can get some smaller than that with them. But as IL stated, cut some off if you feel it's too big.

Lizards
Old 07-26-07, 06:10 PM   #15
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Basschamp... have you done a survey recently about your pond? How do you know there isnt a 10lb'er sittin out in the deepest part laughing at your feeble attempts to catch smaller bass, when you could catch the bass of a life time had you not convinced yourself there are only small bass in the pond... GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

Haha seriously dont think the lure is to big for the fish, the only time you should downsize is when you are fishing extremely clear water, or in cold conditions.
Old 07-27-07, 01:16 PM   #16
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

My personal favorite is fishing the trick worms in thick grass. T-rig it and take a small finishing nail and stick in in the tail of the worm. Cast it out and hop it back. The small nail will cause the worm to glide backwards into holes in the grass. I have a lot of luck w/ this in the early morning and late evenings when the topwater bite is a little "off".

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 09:26 AM   #17
FlyRod

On Reb's recommendation I bought several packages of ZOOM Trick Worms, ranging from Basic Black to HyenaVomit/DandruffFlake. Well, THAT was a bust.
The danged things don't seem the least interested in doing tricks. There was one exception, however. One of them, a slender lil' cutie in TaterTot/SoySauce Laminate DID learn to jump through a burning loop of #30 braid but fell short on her third leap and, well, you know.

Maybe I can use 'em for fishing or something so it won't be total wash.

FlyRod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.