Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-13-04, 10:03 PM   #1

Default ZOOM WURMS

hey yall, i am a zoom man, i rarley fish with anything other than a cotton candy zoom wurm or a rooster tail spinner ( 1/8 th oz.) im having problems catching bass after a rain or when the water is musky, id love to hear how or what color wurm i should use in these conditions. plz post and help me out!

thanks, phillip
Old 12-13-04, 10:06 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: ZOOM WURMS

if the water is musky(im assuming u mean murky)then go w/ a darker color. black trick worm would be best IMO
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-04, 10:08 PM   #3

all black wurm?
Old 12-13-04, 10:11 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

im guessin ur wondering if its an all black worm ??? if so, yes it is.
Old 12-13-04, 10:12 PM   #5

hey man, thank you, im running to walmart right nwo to get some
Old 12-13-04, 10:28 PM   #6
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

glad i could help.just remember different water temps and where u live and other variables could effect the outcome.
Old 12-13-04, 10:53 PM   #7
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Well, there is no single right answer to this question.
Some think that in murky water you should use lighter color baits that stand out more, some don't. I go with darker colors in murkier water, like bassfisher said. A bass's eyes are not like humans, they'll adjust to the color of the water and be able to pick up darker colors in darker waters better. I'd go with a black, junebug, watermelonseed, or other worms of about those colors in a murky water situation. I wouldn't count out other lures though. I'd go with a all black colorado blade spinnerbait, because colorado blades put off more vibration, great for murky water conditions.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 08:08 AM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=phillip cononer link=board=news;num=1102986189;start=0#0 date=12/13/04 at 20:03:09]hey yall, i am a zoom man, i rarley fish with anything other than a cotton candy zoom wurm or a rooster tail spinner ( 1/8 th oz.) im having problems catching bass after a rain or when the water is musky, id love to hear how or what color wurm i should use in these conditions. plz post and help me out!

thanks, phillip[/quote]

Welcome . Now the first part of the problem is that you use either a cotton candy worm or rooster taiil. You definately have to get a few more types of baits for your tackle box. There will be many days when those 2 baits won't catch squat, then you are bumming out. I don't know what resources you have, but the next time to the store buy some different colors of worms. Try to buy a spinnerbait or 2 and start doing exactly what you are doing, by asking questions. Talk to the locals who are fishing the water you fish, they probaly can help you out pretty well, and my experience is that most folks are happy to help. Im murkier water, the fish rely more on other senses not just sight. So anytype of bait that moves a lot of water will help get their attention. Lizards/Brushogs/Creature Baits/Zipper style worms etc.... And adding scent never hurts. Since you already throw plastics, try some of these different styles of plastics, and Zoom makes all of them if that's the brand you want(I buy tons of zoom Lizards personally). Also if the water is rising, the fish generally will be along the shoreline feeding. If the water is falling, they will back off of the shoreline to deeper areas. If the lake is generally real clear, and it turns muddy from the rain, try to find clearer water. Good luck, and keep fishing.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 09:47 PM   #9
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Agreed that a larger selection of lures would help. But if you have to fish with a worm, I'd use one with a big action tail so as to give off some vibration, and maybe use a rattle with it also.

But I'd definitely try a Colorado blade spinnerbait and/or rattling crankbaits.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-04, 05:29 PM   #10
UGAROCKS2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to UGAROCKS2002

I personally would not be throwing a black spinnerbait with a colorado blade (Hula) lol. it also depends on the color of the murk. like i know here in florida that most of our murk is yellow so i like to throw a chartruse black combination with a willow, and colorado blades, except they are monstorus blades. and try to throw the spinner up near grass lines or through schools, if there are any. hope this helps.

Kevin
UGAROCKS2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-04, 07:22 PM   #11
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

kevin,
We don't really have murky water in florida, theres almost no real mud (there are a few murky ponds,though), most ot the water is stained. If you're going to fish murky water I'd go with a big colorado blade because it sets off a lot of vibration making it easier for bass to find in those situations. And as far as the black goes, I'd use that in murkier water. I've been slaying hole 4 which is really murky with the darker colors, like black, junebug, and watermelonseed. Although having some chartruse in it does make sense, I'll have to try it. Its probably just personal preference. I don't think one would work better than the other as long as we;ve got confidence in it.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.