Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-27-04, 11:46 PM   #1
crankbait-nate
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to crankbait-nate
Default just wondering

Now, I understand when you guys are talking about a confidence lure or bait . I dont mean to offend anyone by my lack of experance! but my confidence peice happends to be one not menchand on this site.
IT`s the K&E bass stopper magnum weedless 3 hook worm. It just happend to be the only thing that would work at the farm pond in illinois were i live. Im going to tennessee in the middle of feb for a month just wondering ?ANY OPINIONS on this lure or was it just a fluke that it worked so well for me?
thanks ROD
crankbait-nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 12:14 AM   #2
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u
Default Re: just wondering

I've never seen that worm. Looks like it could really hook the bass up. I don't really know about all of those colors though. The only thing that works for me is dark colors for worms.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 12:21 AM   #3
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

CITYBOY,

Â* Â* A bass is a bass is a bass. If you had good luck with that lure in Il, chances are that you will have good luck in Tennessee on that bait. That type of worm has been catching bass for over 55 years that I know of, and was probably around before I got interested in bass fishing. There has to be a reason that it has lasted this long, and that reason is that it catches fish. It may have changed over the years, depending on what company manufactured it, but the basic design has not changed.
Â* Â* Take it along and try it for a few days, if it don't work I am sure that there is a marina in Tenn. that would be glad to sell you the "hot lure" of the day on that lake that will catch fish.
Â* Â* Your question got me to thinking. I think that I still have a couple of those lures that I bought in the late 40's or early 50's in one of my old tackle boxes, along with a few of the first "beetle spins" that came out. I may dig that old box out and try those lures again, just to re-live old memories. I may even put new dacron braided line on my old Pflueger "Trump" and cast them on my old South Bend "steel rod" just for giggles!
Â* Â* Thanks for the memories.
JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 12:34 AM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I bet that would get a few stares and strange looks, Jack ;D

CB, there are as many confidence baits as there are fishermen, so don't get hung upon that. Just as an example, Lizards likes,well, Lizards. Bassintom likes a 4" red shad power worm, Zooker likes a spinnerbait he modifies, and I like a watermelon/chartreuse swirl Tiki Stick. Is one better than another? Depends on who you ask .

Regarding your Tennessee trip-Jack gives some good advice. Check with a tackle shop/marina and see what they say.

I would invest in a few jigs like a Strike King bitsy bug and some matching Zoom chunk trailers-Feb has cold water temps, and a jig-n-pig is a great cold water bait.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 12:42 AM   #5
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

None of the marinas really sell lures but you should just go over to Flipper's. You will find the stuff you need there. No doubt about it.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 01:24 AM   #6
crankbait-nate
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to crankbait-nate

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS !! and lonestar yes i`ll probably spend most of it over there , but as for that worm every walmart and farm fleet around this area has it its cream colored like a real night crawler but at one i found it in a dark color it has web site on it its www.stopperlures.com
thanks ROD
crankbait-nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 01:48 AM   #7
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

CB, a buddy of mine from Indiana came down a year ago Sept. and brought some of those with him. His son caught a real nice one on it, so I can say they work in Texas too ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 06:16 PM   #8
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

When I was a youngster I threw a Creme worm with the two hooks in it. It also had a small spinner at the front.
Caught loads of bass while using this bait. If I'm not mistaken, BPS still sells this type lure.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-04, 08:47 AM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Yes they catch fish . But since you know it's works, why not pick up some other soft plastics, in the same color, or even worms and try different techniques, such as a texas-rig, or carolina-rig, or even weightless. If you can catch bass on that color then try perhaps even a Fluke, or Pig-N-Jig in that color. If you only use the one bait, then you'll never get confidence in any other bait. Which is a real big downfall, because very often they want something else, such as Baitfish, or Crawdad's. I'm just trying to keep you from being a 1 bait person, which will hurt you when conditions change. Be more versatile, and learn different baits, and then you can catch fish in almost any conditions. Having a confidence bait is Great but having 10 confidence baits is 10 times better. I've seen too many guys for example get hooked on senko's or knock offs, and then can't catch a cold let alone a fish if they quit biting them. They just don't either know how or what else to fish. But the bass have to feed to live, just like we do, but the bait and presentation needs to be changed to instigate that bite. Of course this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't allow myself to get caught in in just 1 bait. I love Lizards, but I love other baits also, depending on conditions. The more weapons in your fishing arsenal that you can use effectively, then the better your chance of catching fish everytime you go out, not just when they are biting. Also when they were biting your creme 3 hook worm, perhaps they would have bitten anything that moved that day, so you just hit them at the RIGHT TIME and PLACE, but you don't KNOW that until you change baits. Perhaps the 10lber was there, just wanted a Black Lizard instead of your worm ??? But if you only throw the same thing you might never catch it.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.