Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-04-07, 11:35 AM   #1
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Anyone have an opinion to share about these rods...the medallion series....do you think they are better than lightning rods...anyone fish with browning?

Whatever opinions yall have let them go...yall are very smart when it comes to these things....
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 11:49 AM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The Browning name are owned by Bass pro shop.In my opinion, It is very difficult to beat the Lightning rods for the money.The thing I hate is Berkley is owned by Pure fishing and they seem to change everything , even when they had a good product to start with. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 12:00 PM   #3
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The medallion rods are worth the money. They are better than lightning rods IMO.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 12:26 PM   #4
BPACA

They are longer than lightning rods...have you fished with them? Anyone know how their sensitivity compares..
Old 02-04-07, 12:52 PM   #5
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPACA View Post
They are longer than lightning rods...have you fished with them? Anyone know how their sensitivity compares..
How close are you to a Bass pro shop ? You would have to compare them yourself, because its highly unlikely that someone has fished both of the rods you are looking at because one would tend to stick with the same rod brand since they are about the same price range.

Save your money and buy a G-Loomis IMX rod if your serious about getting the best sensitive rod for the dollar.I am at that point of getting one with the overtime in next weeks check. Or you can buy one of the two you mentioned.I had a Browning Siliflex rod, liked it alot, until I sold it.I still have a Ken Cook series 6'2" Medium Lightning rod that I use for zara spook jrs.Its a technique not required to have great sensitivity, but a it must have the right rod tip to work the bait properly, which it is the best rod I have found so far for the spook jr lure presentation. P n j
Old 02-04-07, 01:08 PM   #6
BPACA

The loomis are hard to beat but I am in need of a couple of rods...I rather have a couple than one dynamite one....
Old 02-04-07, 01:25 PM   #7
BPACA

I want to have 4 solid rods for backseat fishing this year....
Old 02-04-07, 01:29 PM   #8
BPACA

I read where clunn uses a 7 footer for everything in med heavy or was it heavy action....sounds like he keeps it simple...
Old 02-04-07, 01:47 PM   #9
pig n jig

It is different when you own a boat and fish the style you want to, or are drawn with a boater. You might want to consider the Bass pro shop crankin stick.It is a real workhorse of a rod.I fish buzzbaits, spinnerbait, rattle traps, crankbaits, jerkbaits......It will surprise you how good of a rod it is for the money.I have a 7' Medium and a 7' MH, I use the 7' Medium more often than the MH rod. Some where I posted that you need to buy one great rod for texas rigging soft plastics.When the bite is soft, or slow, it will put more fish in the boat, because of the sensitivity will allow you to feel bites , you most likely wouldn't otherwise.I felt as though I should have done better last year,I bought a new home which killed alot of the season, but I wasn't real happy with how I thought I should have done. I realize everyone will not buy a G-Loomis rod, but there are other good rods out there.I will post a link to where I am going to get my G-Loomis rod, the guy is well known on another site and has a great reputation, plus the prices are great. P N J
Old 02-04-07, 01:48 PM   #10
pig n jig

http://stores.ebay.com/fatfishfarmer
Old 02-04-07, 01:55 PM   #11
pig n jig

http://www.imaginationbassin.com/gblanksproducts.htm This was my second choice to buy.From the people I have talked to really like the rod. That most likely will be my next project after I buy the G-Loomis. P N J
Old 02-04-07, 01:57 PM   #12
pig n jig

Dammit, I forgot to say, I hope this helps. P N J
Old 02-11-07, 11:35 AM   #13
Vabass22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
How close are you to a Bass pro shop ? You would have to compare them yourself, because its highly unlikely that someone has fished both of the rods you are looking at because one would tend to stick with the same rod brand since they are about the same price range.

Save your money and buy a G-Loomis IMX rod if your serious about getting the best sensitive rod for the dollar.I am at that point of getting one with the overtime in next weeks check. Or you can buy one of the two you mentioned.I had a Browning Siliflex rod, liked it alot, until I sold it.I still have a Ken Cook series 6'2" Medium Lightning rod that I use for zara spook jrs.Its a technique not required to have great sensitivity, but a it must have the right rod tip to work the bait properly, which it is the best rod I have found so far for the spook jr lure presentation. P n j
I have a mid-60s browning silaflex rod, really like it for certain things! Dont know a thing about their new rods.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.