Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-04, 01:15 PM   #1
lil_bill_dance
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lil_bill_dance
Default We are discontinuing Sponsorship

Sorry to say, we at Alabamalakes.com find it nessary to discontiunue our sponsorship of this board. I have met many nice folks here and sure hope to chat with all of you in the future. Our banner will be removed tomorrow according to Kevin.

Thanks Lakeguide
lil_bill_dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 01:19 PM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: We are discontinuing Sponsorship

Hope to see you soon.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 02:02 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

so are you not a member of this board any more, why does it show all your posts as "guest"?
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 02:20 PM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

LARRY,

There is no reason why you can't still be a member. We all enjoyed your input as well as your general info. I hope you will stay on the board, even tho you are no longer a sponsor.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 04:41 PM   #5
spinnerb8

Ya know,I can't say I blame you Larry...this site has taken a serious dive and has pretty much become an any discussion forum...And what kills me is the moderator could care less...you probably won't be the only one to pull your sponsorship..No worries though because you still have my business!!
Old 09-06-04, 06:23 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Aw jeeze Larry, You shouldn't quit. Who the hell am I going to pick on if you quit ? P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 06:41 PM   #7
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

lakeguide,
what other sites do you chat on? This site wouldn't be the same without ya.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 11:07 PM   #8
singerloo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to singerloo

we'll miss u man,

seaphantom
singerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 08:30 AM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JackL link=board=news;num=1094487322;start=0#3 date=09/06/04 at 13:20:55]LARRY,

There is no reason why you can't still be a member. We all enjoyed your input as well as your general info. I hope you will stay on the board, even tho you are no longer a sponsor.

JackL[/quote]

What he said

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 08:32 AM   #10
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Same here!

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 10:01 AM   #11
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

I don't blame ya!

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 01:13 PM   #12
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03

Larry, hopefully we will continue seeing you on the board! Thanks again for everything!
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 06:34 PM   #13
lil_bill_dance
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lil_bill_dance

I for sure will be around on the boards. I do enjoy all of your comment and I also learn from it all. Just wanted all to know that I couldn't come to grips with Kevin. Does not seem to me that anyone ever monitors this board as to it's content. You are all welcome to come to my site and get your free membership in members only and chat there also. Thanks Lakeguide

A rainy,rainy rainy night in Alabama
lil_bill_dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 08:32 PM   #14
davew

[quote author=lakeguide link=board=news;num=1094487322;start=0#12 date=09/07/04 at 17:34:05]I for sure will be around on the boards. I do enjoy all of your comment and I also learn from it all. Just wanted all to know that I couldn't come to grips with Kevin. Does not seem to me that anyone ever monitors this board as to it's content. You are all welcome to come to my site and get your free membership in members only and chat there also. Â*Thanks Lakeguide

A rainy,rainy rainy night in Alabama[/quote]

http://***************.com/fissues/index.php

go to the REAL bass boards AND they are moderated
Old 09-08-04, 08:14 AM   #15
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to socalbasser

Quote:
Dave,

No offense, I like your board and what your trying to do but even with having to deal with the few idiots on this board you still only have about a 1/3 of the participation compared to here. Yeah you still have to navigate around a lot of BS on here but there's still a lot of good information. I wish you had more people and participation over there but the simple fact is that you don't yet. I hope it changes though and you truly can keep out the trash.

Skeeter
socalbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-04, 08:55 AM   #16
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

SKEETER,

The only way Larry can get more participation on his board is if more of us will go there. Maybe if we move to his board, the BS will stay here and the information will go there with us. If you will notice, there are many more members on this board, but very few participate. It is only a select few that are here on a regular basis, the rest have either found other intrests or gotten tired of the BS and moved on.
Why not join Larry's board and participate on both for a while and find out which one you like best. This is not like being married, you can participate on other boards without getting your ???? cut off!!!

JackL
Old 09-08-04, 12:53 PM   #17
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

well i just registered there site looks real good i think i will stay on both sites for awhile
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-04, 03:13 PM   #18
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Why not join Larry's board and participate on both for a while and find out which one you like best. This is not like being married, you can participate on other boards without getting your ???? cut off!!!
JackL,

I've joined daves site. I wasn't even aware that Larry had a message forum but I will surely be looking into it. My point was, there have been a lot of people who've already migrated to Dave's site but there seems to still be very few posts. That's all I was trying to say. I think Dave's done a good job with his site from what i've seen, just not much participation.

Not trying to ruffle feathers just giving a little input. Maybe if the person who ran this site stayed involved and kicked a few of the crackhead teenagers outta here we wouldnt have to have this discussion at all.

Skeeter
Old 09-08-04, 03:20 PM   #19
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

SKEETER,

Â* Â* Sounds like we think alike. If all they are going to do is ratcht-jaw about school, why in the hell can't they trade e-mail addresses and jack thier jaws all night instead of taking up space here.
Â* Â* You should check out Larry's site, I think you would like it also. Â*alabamalakes.com Â*also check out nybass.com

JackL
Old 09-08-04, 05:45 PM   #20
singerloo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to singerloo

[quote author=davew link=board=news;num=1094487322;start=0#13 date=09/07/04 at 19:32:36]

http://***************.com/fissues/index.php

[/quote]

I dont see much wrong about this site...

xept for som people...

...if u dont like this place, get out ;D

simple, right?

seaphantom
singerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-04, 09:37 PM   #21
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

The only thing I see wrong with it is all the people who whine about what other people post. I can't say I blame anyone for not spending any money on it, but for free who cares?
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 05:20 AM   #22
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown

Okay,
I visited, and was even a member of a few sites before I came here. I elected to become, and stay a memeber of this site because everyone seemed to just enjoy the sport of fishing, and everyone seemed to get along great. Nobody seemed to think they were better than anyone else, which was a big draw. Now, all of a sudden, a lot of people think there is something bad wrong with this site. I would really like to know what those problems are. I myself haven't seen any. Everything seemed to be going great, with a lot of great information being passed back and forth. I know that some people seem to think that it is horrible to post anything that doesn't have something to do with bass fishing. Hey, if you don't like it don't read it. It is that simple. I think instead of running and joining another site, more people need to learn how to act like adults. Yep, I said it, there is a lot of immature behavior going on here, and that is the main problem. Just my opinion, and you know how that goes. good fishing to everyone.
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 05:37 AM   #23
spinnerbaitking
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to spinnerbaitking

that may be just your opinion but ill second it mtbassman
spinnerbaitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 08:05 AM   #24
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

MTbassman77,

I agree with you on your last post. I also don't really see the problems are a bad as others think they are. However, it's getting a little old to come in here and see a new topic such as

"new crankbait"

and then a post in the topic like this

" I was fishing in a mud puddle in my back yard yesterday with my new with my timber tiger dc17 and I kept getting it snagged. Anybody else have this problem?"

Ok, maybe that's a little exagerated but not far from some of the ignorance that's put in here. If the site was better moderated and these were removed on occassion, I don't think you'd see near the complaining and the jumping of ship that's going on now. As for the sites everyones going too, nobody posts there. They might get 4-5 new posts there a day if their lucky. I know because I've joined them.

I'm a smart enough person to see the title of a topic such as "wakeboarding", "beer drinking", and so on and so on, to know what's going to be there when I click on it. Those that are pissed off about that need to have the common sense not to click on the topic. If they do and don't like it, their as dumb as the person posting it. Ok, maybe a little harsh but that's my .02 on it.

Skeeter
Old 09-14-04, 01:18 PM   #25
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Mac and I have other avenues that we explore and try to bring to this site. For those that fish for bass only, it does get a little old trying to think of new topics or old topics in a new light. The favorite lure thing gets old because there are so many to chose from that do the job. Presentation variations are also limited to what has already been accomplished by many.

Since few of us share the same waters, field reports are of limited interest to most of us; ditto for tournament results. Seasonality also affects quantity and quality posting. People are fishing through Oct. and working in between so posting won't increase until Nov. or later.

Kevin has a good site and I feel is moderated just right.
As was stated, ignore that which is of no interest, reply when it is interesting. What is interesting to some?

How about thinking out of the box for a change and reporting strange but true just as I started a successful post on myth versus fact. For example, bubblegum was not a color of choice at one time and then the floating worm technique began using primarily, florescent colors like bright pink.

Up until that time it was a match-or-else approach to colors, (though few took the time to figure out that a chartreuse and flake worm look like nothing that ever lived).

We discussed line qualities and have brought up the simple fact that heavy line can be used Â*80% of the time, depending on lure action and depth and various presentations.

Tips and Tricks can never be stagnant because all of us will eventually discover something different or a variation of the classic this or that. Bass magazines have a hard time staying truthful because filler is needed to keep readers subscribing. Old knowledge is only useful to newbie anglers, but ho hum to those who've done most everything at one time or other.

Again, it's all about new variations of techniques, lure usage or modification and political concerns that affect angling (ie lead ban, adverse legislation, closed seasons, etc.) A local site that I've left for good, wouldn't even allow discussions against closed seasons thanks to a moderator that micromanages every aspect of the forum and is being attacked by many longstanding members.

How many have Kevin banned? Few I'll bet. The other site has banned over a dozen people (me included) in the last two months for just criticizing the b.s. moderation, locked and deleted posts, deleted avatars (one of the Greatful Dead), and invasion of private messages.

We have it good here. Let it go, keep it civil and post in the positive. It's like going to a meeting of fishermen - eventually you'll want to hear what another is relating and maybe contribute. Take topics from other sites and bring them here - no harm, no foul.

If this or any site start becoming like the one mentioned, I'll be the first to b*tch. But if you've noticed, many sites are ghost towns and posts are far apart and infrequent. New topics and replies make a forum what it is. If you have found a site more to your liking, share it here. Variety is the spice of fishing - may it never change or become too easy!

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.