Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-06-06, 09:45 AM   #1
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickin Bass
Default Another nice lure lost

I did it again ...

My eyes must be getting really bad ... I can't see to tie the lure on good without glasses, and this time - I tied without glasses.

Made the cast, heard a snap, and watched as my Matzuo jointed flew what seemed like 80 yards. The only thing that would have been worse is to watch a fish jump up and snatch that lure as it hit the water.

Anyway, that was the longest lure cast I ever made.
Kickin Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 11:26 AM   #2
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

that is so unfair.....thank goodness when that's happened to me it was a mann's baby - 1 and they float....lol....but i lost a dang nice frenzy crankbait on a electrical line that bait sank big time fast....now i definately watch out for those things...lol.....
Old 03-06-06, 12:02 PM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I know what ya mean, sometimes ya have to take the glasses off to hit the eyelet hole, sorry to hear ya lost a good plug tho.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 12:29 PM   #4
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

once i was in canada fishing and found a live frog. being the genius i was, i hooked it through the lips and launched it. well, it went and went and went and went when the hook became dislodged. i truly regret what i did. at the time it was funny to me. upon reflection, it was a bad thing to do.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 12:38 PM   #5
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

DEEP THOUGHTS ON LOST/DAMAGED LURES:

I used to get really upset when I lost lures while I was fishing. Now, I look at it as "the cost of doing business".

I would also get upset when my lures would get all dinged up or chipped, especially when the pickeril and LM would hammer the finish. Now, I look at it as "battle wounds which add character".

Ultimately, if we lose or damage our lures while fishing, well, I can't think of a better way to lose or damage them. That is what they are for, to fish with.

And one more footnote, if we lose/damage lures, it gives us an excuse to feed the baitmonkey. And, in the end, when we replace a lure, we usually come home with more than what we had.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 01:13 PM   #6
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing
...... we usually come home with more than what we had.
That's so true!
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 02:27 PM   #7
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't get upset at all losing these lures (although I might if I lost a Lucky Craft)... but now I am seriously thinking about getting some doubles of my favorite lures.
Old 03-06-06, 06:45 PM   #8
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Bass
I don't get upset at all losing these lures (although I might if I lost a Lucky Craft)... but now I am seriously thinking about getting some doubles of my favorite lures.
Or you could do like I do, and buy 4-20 of my favorites LOL. Never run out of them on the water

Lizards
Old 03-06-06, 07:46 PM   #9
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Or you could do like I do, and buy 4-20 of my favorites LOL. Never run out of them on the water

Lizards
It's tempting ...
Old 03-06-06, 08:05 PM   #10
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing
DEEP THOUGHTS ON LOST/DAMAGED LURES:

I used to get really upset when I lost lures while I was fishing. Now, I look at it as "the cost of doing business".

I would also get upset when my lures would get all dinged up or chipped, especially when the pickeril and LM would hammer the finish. Now, I look at it as "battle wounds which add character".

Ultimately, if we lose or damage our lures while fishing, well, I can't think of a better way to lose or damage them. That is what they are for, to fish with.

And one more footnote, if we lose/damage lures, it gives us an excuse to feed the baitmonkey. And, in the end, when we replace a lure, we usually come home with more than what we had.
I have developed that philosophy as well. I don't fish for fish-I fish for fishin'. A lot of you know exactly what I mean, and if you don't I hope you will someday to come to understand it, because it is a great place to be.

I ALWAYS buy 2 minimum of a lure for the reason Lizards states-If I lose one I have a backup, because the lure I lost will always be the one the fish want
Old 03-06-06, 08:59 PM   #11
Marty

Yep, you're not alone. It's amazing how far those lures travel when unconstrained by line.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 09:10 PM   #12
1FASTLASER

LMAO!!! Wait till you take a youngone fishing and he asks can I use that shiny new g loomis and new shimano rod. You say sure but BE CAREFUL. Thank god it had a topwater tied on. First thing he does is forget to push the release and whooossssshhhh there it goes. My heart stopped. Got the rod and reelk back and the little guys expression was a kodak moment.
Old 03-06-06, 09:13 PM   #13
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
LMAO!!! Wait till you take a youngone fishing and he asks can I use that shiny new g loomis and new shimano rod. You say sure but BE CAREFUL. Thank god it had a topwater tied on. First thing he does is forget to push the release and whooossssshhhh there it goes. My heart stopped. Got the rod and reelk back and the little guys expression was a kodak moment.
hope that never happens to me and the reel and rod im getting...

oh, and you guys could try refurbishing your lures, its pretty fun making your own colors... even make different lures for differnt conditions if you want to conpletely change it
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 10:11 PM   #14
bass kicker

the most upset was when i was fishin bass up north and a northren pike took my brand new rattlin rapala in its trought and i couldnt fish with it until we cut the fish up but it was Tasty

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.