Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 08-13-12, 09:15 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Trip to Seaver's Pond

Working a soccer camp on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mts and they have a beautiful pond on the campus. Worked all week last week without bringing a rod with me not knowing that there was a pond . So I brought a couple rods and some baits this week and got after them yesterday.....or so I thought.

So I fished it in the late afternoon for a couple minutes and then again after sunset.....nothing but dinks !!! Myself and another coach caught a half dozen dinks. Not what I was expecting at all. Look at this pond!!! There's got to be some big fish in it . So there's another much smaller pond below the dam for the bigger pond and I take a walk down there this morning.

I'm using a chatterbait and working it through the pads that are in the smaller pond and I hook up. This time it's a dink but a chunk at that. Must have been as big around as it was long. Couldn't fish for long but I'm thinking I've hit the honey hole.....
I return this afternoon and change baits. First I go with the Zoom worm and hit another dink chunk that would make Bama cry....

Then I switch to the Nemesis Bullet Craw and it's game on.....16" 2+ lb

I follow this up with another fat keeper. Not as big, 13" range, but look at the gut on this one!!! Guess where I'll be fishing the rest of the week???

Old 08-13-12, 09:59 PM   #2
bassinbob

Couple of nice ones there. I have found out that to catch bigger bass from ponds a reaction bite is necessary. Stroking a jig, ripping a crank off some grass, yo yoing a lipless crank, a buzzbait. Or just by luck landing a bait right on their head. I feel that a lot of ponds get so much fishing pressure that most bass become conditioned to a normal retrieve.
Old 08-14-12, 08:24 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

SON!!! I CATCH OYU IN MY HONEY HOLE AGIN AND I'LL GIT THE SHOTGUN AFTER YE!!

smitty, for real man. thanks for the pics. dinks are better than none right? maybe the ponds are overpopulated? need thinned out some? they look great for some huge ones. all the right things in and around them.

looking forward to seeing more "dink" pics, lol!
Old 08-14-12, 09:01 PM   #4
3dkicker

Most people don't know that 3dkicker actally stands for 3 dinks and a kicker. Used to catch fish under 12" in the evening tournaments because there was a 12-15" slot on the radiated mudhole. We'd come in with 3 short fish and 1 over and still win a check on occasion. You're not the only one who knows how to catch dinks!!!

Didn't get out much today. Had a little storm this morning and fished for 10 min or so. Threw the RC Wake a little but nothing. The other coach caught one though. They love the Freshwater Shad Assassin. Tonight it's been all thunderstorms so no getting out
Old 08-15-12, 06:01 PM   #5
3dkicker

More rain tonight. Might get out this evening....have to see what happens with the storms????? Leaving tomorrow so I need to get a couple casts in.
Old 08-15-12, 06:36 PM   #6
keithdog

That is a great looking pond for sure. A collection of dinks is better than an empty hook any day! I took a vacation this may to Nebraska. I didn't know the state park we were staying at has a beautiful 20 acre pond loaded with bass. Grrrrrrrrrrr I will definately take a couple rods and some lures next time!!!
Old 08-15-12, 09:17 PM   #7
3dkicker

I found it funny that the big pond thats 30' deep and has a lot of grass and wood only produces dinks while the little pond that you can basically cast across holds the better fish. Spoke with the Head Master of the school and he was surprised to hear about the fish I caught. The lower pond is only 5-6' deep and he says the students really don't fish it at all. A few kids fish the upper pond. They even have canoes for the student to use but they must have a staff member with them to fish. Sounds like the perfect teaching job....you can live on campus, eat for free, and can fish anytime you wish.
Old 08-16-12, 09:05 PM   #8
bamabassman

i..........hate............you...........lol.
Old 08-17-12, 10:00 AM   #9
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Those are some healthy fish!!!
Old 08-17-12, 03:33 PM   #10
3dkicker

Those fish were extremely healthy compared to the ones caught in the bigger upper pond.

Took a few pics of the dinks caught on the upper pond the last day. If Bama hated me before.....plus the fact I was sending him pics while he was at work.

and

and

and finally the only keeper that may have touched 12". Anybody notice the same bait??? Nemesis Craws crush dinks!!! Maybe Bama should invest in them???

Last edited by 3dkicker; 08-17-12 at 03:42 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 08:45 PM   #11
bamabassman

if i could invest im em smitty....then they wouldn't work, hahaha. but i DO like em. jsut oo broke to do an HTING man.

and yes...that was wrong to send me pics while i am at work, hahahaha!!! hence the BAMA texts. lmbo!!!
Old 08-21-12, 04:34 PM   #12
3dkicker

You need to stop attending those flea markets and buying all those Bama trinkets and souvenirs so that you can get you some of the craws.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.