Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-10-06, 05:19 PM   #26
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I got news for yall im gonna win this one.... In the last 2 years I have caugth at least one bass that weighs 8+.... There aint a smallie for proly 100 miles of me. I can catch an ocasional spot on the Alabama river if I go a little north of here.
Old 01-10-06, 06:16 PM   #27
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Dyas, there arent any smallies in the entire state except for the Tennessee river and its tribs, so you are more like 300 miles away. And that 8 pounds might not hold up, considering we have members who fish rodman, sam rayburn, fork, guntersville, st johns river, seminole- theres a good chance that several members over the course of the year will beat 10 pounds.
Old 01-10-06, 06:32 PM   #28
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Yeah I know. I though I would just get somethin goin. There are some small smallies in a gravel pond up the rode but I have only caught 1 or 2 out of it. Aint fished it in years tho. Im shootin for 12 this year...
Old 01-13-06, 02:08 PM   #29
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Get real! How could I possibly compete when I shattered my local lake record with a 6.25 lb. largemouth last June? You deep South guys won't even take a picture with a bass that size. You could alter the contest by making regions or at least a different category for Florida-strain largemouths. I'll try to compete with the smallies, but it's quite a journey to my favorite big smallmouth fisheries.
Old 01-13-06, 04:07 PM   #30
TackleTester
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to TackleTester

Yea, what Patrick said. No way I have a chance to get the largemouth big bass.

Smallmouth maybe, cause i go to Canada every year. There are really big ones up there but few and far between......I'll get at least a 4 lber anyway, but I'm betting that won't win either...oh well

Good Luck fellas!!!!!!
TackleTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-06, 04:16 PM   #31
NJBassDevil

I agree. NJ State record is only 10lb 14oz.
Old 01-14-06, 04:54 AM   #32
KenDammit

about the picture thing..I believe that the head of the fish should be completely visible, at least enough to tell that its at the end of the tape measure/bump board. The fish should also be measured with the head at the tip of the tape measure if no bump board is available.

also, an ID works better than a piece of paper because it won't blow away (which always happened to me). Lets just hope no one loses a drivers license!
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-06, 11:19 PM   #33
Christopherkeene9

Also though if you have a close pic and a far pic you could put the far pic with the fish at the end of the tape and the close further down. Any suggestions for fixing this problem?
Any official rules yet?

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 08:04 AM   #34
zooker

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr.
You deep South guys won't even take a picture with a bass that size.
want to bet ? i take a picture of EVERY bass i catch -not during tourny's-even if it is a dinky lil feller..

remember this regaurdless of were you are. or how good a fisherman you are fish as well as you can. even deep south guys can zero out-rodman rob -for example. at least he had the courage to admitt that his best effort came up with a big fat 0.. nobodys perfect.

i say that we have the 1/4ly tourny's 5 fish limit same rules as we used last time.14" largemouth 12"smallie. 1st, second, and big fish awards still stand. the only changes are that the biggest bass of the year gets my baits..

i just went back and looked biggest bass turned in during a forum tourny last year was rodman's 4.28 pound bass..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 01-15-06 at 08:31 AM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 11:47 AM   #35
KenDammit

i thought the size limit last year was 12" large, too.

the quarterly thing was for the big bass deal, I believe...so that it keeps everyones interest. No need for a 5 fish limit when fishing for big bass, just keep trying to catch one til you can't catch a bigger one.

As far as the normal tourneys, then yeah 5 fish, 1 day, all visibly measured and no cheating like I saw a couple times last year.
Old 01-15-06, 09:06 PM   #36
zooker

WHOA!!! HOLD THE DAM PHONE!!!

to keep this from being uneven and a tad loope sided toward fl fisherman. to BE FAIR to EVERYONE. we have a regular tourny just like last years. 5 fish, lenth times girth formula. the tourny's are 1 six hour period of fishing for a month long tourny. prizes will still be awarded for heaviest COMBINED weight. 1st and second places plus big fish.-just like last year- the ONLY change is the heaviest bass- both large and small mouth- caught during the year during the tourny's ONLY.. will be decided at the end of the final tourny -more than likly november-

their is some thought that the first tourny is be held AFTER florida spawn times..

they are my baits YOU PLAY BY MY RULES!!..

ZOOKER
Old 01-16-06, 02:38 AM   #37
KenDammit

lol, so now I'm confused again..

Is the big bass competition only from tourney fish..or is it an entirely separate entity? Reb has said that the big bass can come any time, any day, whatever..but Zook is saying that its tournament big fish..so which one is it? From reading what Kevin said, he suggested that we have quarterly big bass "tournaments where people just fish for their biggest fish possible in that quarter, and thats the winner, and the end of the year winner is determined by the biggest fish overall.
Old 01-18-06, 01:40 PM   #38
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

Awesome idea. For the other youth on here who lives right by lake Erie. Ever been out by Pelle Island? If not you should try it but the biggest smallies are out in Lake Michigan a guy got one over 9 lbs last year off the pierhead at Portage lake. I mean lots of people over look those fish so they grow to be huge if you can find them.
basser087 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.