Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 10-19-08, 02:27 PM   #1
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags
Default need help on sales price???

I need to sell my best friend (12ft Meyers) here are some pics and info. No idea what I should ask for it. Please help!!! thanks

1. 12ft Meyers and trailer bought in 02 for $800
2. 15hp Johnson OB bought in 02 for $825
3. Eagle Fishmark fishfinder bought in 05 for $140
4. Minnkota Edge 40 lb. trolling motor bought in 06 for $335

Troller and fishfinder run off 12V battery in bow cubby
Fishing platforms support 2 fat fisherman easily and can be easily removed for easy cleaning
Everything works and run great
Trailer is nothing fancy but functional and lights work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1020.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	2738   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1016.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	505.8 KB
ID:	2739   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1017.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	2740   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1019.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	2741   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1018.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	392.9 KB
ID:	2742  

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-08, 02:50 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well ifn it wuz me i would start around 2500.00 bucks. let them chew on ya a bit. sound right?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-08, 09:03 PM   #3
trackerman82
BassFishin.Com Member

I thanks that bamabassman is right. You can always go down on your price but you can never go up!!!
Old 10-19-08, 09:31 PM   #4
Wags

ok...thanks guys. I was hoping to just get $1800-$2000. so maybe I have a shot to pass it on for a decent price......
Old 10-26-08, 08:55 AM   #5
Wags

Well maybe I shoulda listened to you guys and started with a higher price, But I put it on Craigslist and it sold the first day at $1950.00. I was shocked to get such an early response in the off-season. Of course, the money is still not in hand, so it is still listed until I do !! Thanks for the help guys
Old 10-26-08, 09:07 AM   #6
Wags

Default Ohhhhhhh...one more thing...

I know it doesn't mean a hill o' beans, and a sale is a sale, but the purchaser kept referring to it as the "sales item" and " it" . Dammit......it's a "fishing boat " that I have had a bunch of great memories in and put my heart and sole into making up-grades in to make it a viable option until I was in a position to up-grade myself. It would have been nice to hear a nice warm fuzzy story about how he could take his kids out and get them off the shore or give it to his teen-age son who has developed a passion for the sport, or it reminded him of his grandfather and the days he spent fishing with him...............<sigh>............ok had to get that off my chest. I'm sure he's just gonna flip it over and make $200 dollars off it and do more of the same......... Ok I feel better..........
Old 10-26-08, 01:36 PM   #7
robertmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
I know it doesn't mean a hill o' beans, and a sale is a sale, but the purchaser kept referring to it as the "sales item" and " it" . Dammit......it's a "fishing boat " that I have had a bunch of great memories in and put my heart and sole into making up-grades in to make it a viable option until I was in a position to up-grade myself. It would have been nice to hear a nice warm fuzzy story about how he could take his kids out and get them off the shore or give it to his teen-age son who has developed a passion for the sport, or it reminded him of his grandfather and the days he spent fishing with him...............<sigh>............ok had to get that off my chest. I'm sure he's just gonna flip it over and make $200 dollars off it and do more of the same......... Ok I feel better..........
Careful....Generally generic responses referring to your 'item' and 'it' are scams.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 01:46 PM   #8
Wags

This was his second response,....tell me what you think???

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Hello,
Guess you're doing great. I will like to confirm to you that the payment had been sent and I'm pretty sure you will get it on or before wednesday. Moreover,the payment includes the shipping cost of the item from your location, which implies that as soon as you cash the check, the excess fund included will be sent to my shipping agency via walmart money gram transfer so they can come for the pick up.(I'm so sorry for not telling you this earlier, it actually escape my mind.) The shipping agency will be contacting you to schedule a pick up time,pls respond to them.

Thanks and have a great day.

Last edited by Wags; 10-26-08 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-26-08, 02:08 PM   #9
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wags, that sounds a little "fishy".... Where is the buyer located? I've seen things like that and 99.9% of the time it's a scam. You will get a check, it will look good the bank will cash it, then 2 weeks later it'll bounce and you'll be out a boat. If he's out of the country or even state, just have him send the money via that walmart money gram transfer....
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 02:13 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

DON'T DO IT!!!!! a buddy of mine is trying to sell his boat on craigslist and had the same thing happen. "i will send you a check to cover the purchase price and then you can use the rest to get a money order and pay my movers to pick up the boat because i am on my honeymoon in hawaii and can't pick it up myself". his was a scam and this sounds exactly the same, don't let the idea of selling your boat cloud your judgement. if he wants the boat than tell him to bring you a check himself, and i would suggest not letting the boat go until you have confirmed with the bank that the check is good.

just my 2 cents worth anyways.
Old 10-26-08, 02:18 PM   #11
Wags

Thanks guys...trust me, the boat isn't going anywhere until I am certain the check is good. I have had a bad feeling starting to set in, but I figured if the check clears, then I am good to go. I think I will wait a week or so to do the actual shipping though. I have never sold anything on Craigslist and if this sounds fishy to you guys, I will take extra precautions. Thank you so much for your input !!
Old 10-26-08, 02:41 PM   #12
kennsandy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kennsandy

the person purchasing the boat also did mention in his first e-mail that he expected nothing to go down until the check clears the bank. so he did not ever say send the boat as soon as you get my money or anything like that. still, i agree to definitely wait.

thanx you guys from the other fat guy in wags boat.

ken
kennsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 04:10 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

this is from the avoiding scams page on craigslist, i copied and pasted this but there are a lot more that sellers and buyers should read.

AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

i wouldn't sell anything to anyone who asked me to pay a shipping or moving company on their behalf. i haver enough to worry about without getting into the middle of their business, even if it wasn't a scam.
Old 10-26-08, 04:23 PM   #14
bamabassman

wow, i am learning alot from this gang. hope it isn't a scam. let us know pal, ok?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 04:36 PM   #15
tkoglin
BassFishin.Com Member

It's a scam.

The check will bounce... He's hoping you cash the check and send the boat and money before you realize the check was worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
This was his second response,....tell what you think???

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Hello,
Guess you're doing great. I will like to confirm to you that the payment had been sent and I'm pretty sure you will get it on or before wednesday. Moreover,the payment includes the shipping cost of the item from your location, which implies that as soon as you cash the check, the excess fund included will be sent to my shipping agency via walmart money gram transfer so they can come for the pick up.(I'm so sorry for not telling you this earlier, it actually escape my mind.) The shipping agency will be contacting you to schedule a pick up time,pls respond to them.

Thanks and have a great day.
tkoglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 08:18 PM   #16
robertmee

This IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND ANY MONEY.

The 'gotcha' of this scam is that your bank WILL cash a fraudulent cashier's check or any other check. It is not until later (10 business days or more) that the bank will determine that the check is bad and at that point debit your account or come to you seeking the money back. In that time you've sent the money to the scammer and your are SOL.

PLEASE READ:

http://www.occ.treas.gov/ftp/ADVISORY/2007-1.html
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 10:13 PM   #17
flbassman

I had that same offer for my truck. Total scam, hope it works out ok. Good thing you "got that off your chest" Craigslist is generally local, I've never seen much shipping. Usually it's people from within a 100 miles and some scammers..... But yeah, 2500 sounds about right.
Old 10-28-08, 10:55 AM   #18
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

TOTAL SCAM, same thing happened to me when I sold my motorcycle on there...only my bike was around 6k!! I gave the check to my dad who works in homeland security and he handed off to the FBI, it was a fraudulent check, but it takes the bank several days to figure it out and you can usually draw funds out on the check...don't be fooled this is a major federal violation....this is what happens next, he's going to call you and tell you there's been a tragic death or illness in the family and ask you to cash it and keep about $200 for yourself for your troubles and send the remaining money back to him....these guys really burn my @ss...he kept calling me and I avoided his calls until one day I answered and before I even told him that I had sent the check to the FBI he started threatening my life...I laughed in his F'ing face...of course I was only 23 at the time and told him that he knew where I lived and welcomed his visit...but before I hung up I let him know that the FBI had his phone number, address and the fake check.....BTW, these checks look so freakin' real it's scary, my dad couldn't tell right away that it was a fake..if I recall it was something the like the "Bank of Iowa" that was printed on it...
Old 10-28-08, 12:34 PM   #19
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
This IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND ANY MONEY.

The 'gotcha' of this scam is that your bank WILL cash a fraudulent cashier's check or any other check. It is not until later (10 business days or more) that the bank will determine that the check is bad and at that point debit your account or come to you seeking the money back. In that time you've sent the money to the scammer and your are SOL.

PLEASE READ:

http://www.occ.treas.gov/ftp/ADVISORY/2007-1.html

It's true Im a banker. If you do that transaction be sure that the check has cleared for a few weeks.

Quoted off of the link rob posted
"However, cashier’s checks lately have become an attractive vehicle for fraud when used for payments to consumers. Although the amount of a cashier’s check quickly becomes “available” for withdrawal by the consumer after the consumer deposits the check, these funds do not belong to the consumer if the check proves to be fraudulent. It may take weeks to discover that a cashier’s check is fraudulent. In the meantime, the consumer may have irrevocably wired the funds to a scam artist or otherwise used the funds – only to find out later, when the fraud is detected – that the consumer owes the bank the full amount of the cashier’s check that had been deposited."

The immediate red flag is the extra money that you are supposed to pay the shipping company AFTER you cash the check. Meaning when It comes back YOU will be out the full amount shipping included.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-08, 09:20 PM   #20
Wags

Default thanks for the help guys.....

I was looking thru the craigslist postings to see that is was still up there and found this warning posted right among the listings. It was word for word the 2nd email I recieved from these clowns. Some sort of form letter that they just kick out. Thanks again for the heads up. I guess I still have a boat for sales LOL guess I will post it just for kicks....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/897081638.html
Old 10-31-08, 09:51 AM   #21
Fishnngolfn

I got the same type of response through al.com when selling my treadmill. I only responded to more personal emails. Ones that asked "detail" questions about the item being sold. I purposely withhold information when placing ads to make sure the request for purchase is a valid one.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.