Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-25-05, 11:19 PM   #1
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Lunch Break Produced

Took my lunchbreak today and decided to spend it doing a little fishing, ate lunch, had about 15 minutes left to fish. Took the Seizmic Frog in Melon and managed to catch a 4lbs 11oz big mouth. I was lucky I was able to get him landed, I was running the frog on the top, when he hit it I dropped the rod while realing the slack, set the hook and he went straight for some brush, he almost made it between 2 seperate pieces before I was able to pull him away at the last second, he made another turn and started swimming towards the shore, getting caught in some weeds, I pulled as hard as I could without over stressing the line and didn't feel anything giving, decided to let the line slack and let the fish swim himself out, as soon as the line went slack, he backed up a little, made a jump into the air, I made the line tight and pulled him over the cover just as he landed back in the water. Managed to get him onshore and took the hook out. Upon closer inspection, I didn't hook him in the jaw, just the inner skin in his mouth was hooked, lucky he didn't get off. Then I had to go back to work
Old 08-25-05, 11:33 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sounds good to me. I bet it was hard to go back to work after that lol.

Last edited by 454ss; 08-25-05 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-05, 12:01 AM   #3
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

oh boy was it hard, hard going back to work, hard staying at work, hard focusing on work, hard not going straight to the lake after work, etc. I might be able to make it back there Sunday, we'll see.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.