Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-06, 11:42 PM   #1
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef
Default What a deal!!

I went to BPS tonite and was looking for a new Quantum, when I saw the new "Burner" PT760. I picked it up and fell in love a week ago and they were completely sold out. So tonite I go in and see that they got some in, so I told the guy I wanted one and he looks around and tells me that there sold out. I was like damnit, well that display model hasn't been there more than a week, so I was like I'll take that display model if you make a good offer. The guy was like, I'll give you 20% off. I was like....RIGHT ON. Not even a scratch on it and spins like a dream. The best part............only $130.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 11:49 PM   #2
lokust
BassFishin.Com Member

Great deal. I wanted to buy one from Cabelas(Michigan store) when I was there monday. The dude said they had all the fliers and ads and what not but not the reels. He said they were coming in at the begining of Feburary. Maybe I will ask my wife for one for my b-day, on the 10th of Feb.

But I did get a great deal on a Team Daiwa-X, Got 50 bucks off.
-Chris
Old 01-28-06, 05:36 AM   #3
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice, I am now saving for the Daiwa Viento, with the Twitchin Bar or The Daiwa Fuego.
Old 01-28-06, 08:55 AM   #4
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickin Bass

You got a good deal ... I could spend a lot of time in BPS ...
Kickin Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-06, 11:53 AM   #5
NCYankee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I bought a Quantum Accurist PT at Dick's recently. The first store I went to was out of them, so immediately I began looking for a display model. No luck. I paid full price at another store. Most stores are willing to take 20% of display stuff. I am currently working as a retail manager at a university store. If you want a display item or there is something even slightly wrong with an item, I'll knock of 20% no problem.
NCYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-06, 05:35 PM   #6
Hef

POWERBASS, my buddy bought a Viento. I used it once and if Quantum didn't come out with this reel, thats what I would've bought. Its nice.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Old 01-28-06, 05:38 PM   #7
PowerBass

Only thing is 200 is quite pricy, but you get what you pay for. I was thinkin of pairing it up with a 6ft 6in MH, or 6 ft 10in MH Pitchin Stick. But isnt the viento a finnese reel?
Old 01-28-06, 07:07 PM   #8
Fishie

ehh you can use it for anything really I imagine. I get by with the 80 doller reels pretty good. I would look into some of the BPS pro qualifiers or Royal Express combos. They should go on sale soon. I got too many more important things to spend 200 dollars on than just a reel. I think its whose behind it that really matters. Just make sure you got the right bait, line, setup, etc.
Although it is nice to have a reel like that. Probably last longer than mine but I have some that are like 4 or 5 years old that I fish with all the time and work very good. very smooth too.
Old 01-28-06, 07:11 PM   #9
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

what the ?? hef thought you were in eastern nc. what gives with 2 address..

zooker
Old 01-29-06, 07:25 AM   #10
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie
ehh you can use it for anything really I imagine. I get by with the 80 doller reels pretty good. I would look into some of the BPS pro qualifiers or Royal Express combos. They should go on sale soon. I got too many more important things to spend 200 dollars on than just a reel. I think its whose behind it that really matters. Just make sure you got the right bait, line, setup, etc.
Although it is nice to have a reel like that. Probably last longer than mine but I have some that are like 4 or 5 years old that I fish with all the time and work very good. very smooth too.

good point fihse, which is why I decided to save for the Qunatum KVD baitcast combo, it is 159, but the reel and rod look great!
Old 01-29-06, 03:33 PM   #11
Hef

Zooker, I'm in the Navy. I just PCS'd (moved) here to Maryland in December. I call a new place home every three years. I'll be calling Iraq my new temorary home later this year. I'll be going over there for 4-6 months. The upside is I'll be taking my telescopic rod with me and fish some crazy a$$ waters over there and get some pics for you guys of some weird fish.

- Gen Patton
Old 01-29-06, 03:58 PM   #12
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

hef,wish you the best when you get there.post an address where i can send some fishin stuff over there(iraq)so the guys can have some fun.i have a bunch of stuff laying around that i'm sure the men over there could put to good use.
be safe.
Old 01-29-06, 05:13 PM   #13
bassnman30

About 3 weeks ago, went to the BPS in Charlotte and bought a new 6:1 Quantum Energy Series reel for $109. These reels are normally $159. (Thats the 2005 model).
Old 01-29-06, 11:35 PM   #14
Hef

BassnTom - I appreciate it. I'll let you know when I get there.

- Gen Patton

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.