Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-15-05, 04:11 PM   #1

Default New member

I would like to hear about some new products that you think help your success rate for bass fishing. I don't like getting products that catch more fisherman's eyes than they do fish. One product I would really like to know about is the new Color-C-Lector made by Spike It. The company is known for dip n die to die your lures with.
Old 01-15-05, 04:37 PM   #2
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20
Default Re: New member

well, that is definatly one that was designed to catch the fisherman. Use it as a marker bouy weight. Dont waste your money.Trust me on that one. Also, register with the board, you will be more likely to get responses to your questions.If you want great products, click the links in my signature.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 04:52 PM   #3
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bennersj

I read an article in the new Bassmaster magazine about them and it said that they were one of the hottest electronic creations of the 1980's. I think the company is remaking them. I would like to know if you have ever used the Color-C-Lector? If you have is it one of the new models or the 1980's model.
bennersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 05:13 PM   #4
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah I had one. Worthless. I had the 80's model, but it still works on the same principle. Also, Don't believe everything you read in bassmasters.or anywhere for that matter. It is supposed to give you the proper color bait to use for the conditions you are faced with. Water clarity, temp, etc. What the bass are most likley to want and see at a certain depth in those water conditions. Too show yyou what i mean by worthless, it chose purple as the best color to use one day. Imy buddy used it. I use chartruese. I caught the fish. Try it if ya want, i am just tring to save you some expense. I do not have much use for gadgets. Sticking with the basic knowledge of how bass feed and what colors to use in what conditions will serve you better than that thing will.

I will never buy another one.
JMO.

Charles
Old 01-15-05, 05:47 PM   #5
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for your input Bassboss you probably saved me $100. I took a look at the Carolina Chip baits and they look pretty good. ;D
Old 01-15-05, 06:05 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

chip diffantly makes great lure's thy move unlike any thing i have ever used.
i have to agree with bass boss the that thing was and still is worthless.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 06:14 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

carolina chip definitely makes great lures
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 06:34 PM   #8
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

You are about to talk me into buying some of the Carolina Chip crankbaits. The only thing is they are wood crankbaits and last year I purchased some wood crankbaits because everybody swears by them. I have had some luck with them but every time I threw them around rocks they got dents knocked in the side of them. This year my goal is to learn to improve my crankbait fishing. Norman crankbaits seem to be the best thing that I have found but I don't have a lot of experience with crankbaits. The balsa crankbaits I purchased don't seem to produce any more than my plastic crankbaits. I would like to know what kinds of crankbaits are your confidence crankbaits??
Old 01-15-05, 07:44 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

dude chip also makes plastic baits.
the crank baits i use are shad rap,excailbur,strike king,poes,cotten cordell, and lucky craft.with a bunch of other's i can't remember at the moment.
why so many? why not...depth in a crank box can be important at times. i have beat a couple of chips baits silly they catch fish yes. i have not chipped the paint yet.. i have several plastic baits that the paint has been beat off them. if the bait gets beat up it is normal. it shows how much you throw it.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 08:36 PM   #10
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

I like Chip's baits so much I get all my cranks and topwaters from him now. I prefer the wood,but that is just my preferance. Get him to make u some out of Jelutong wood ;D . It is Stronger than balsa. I use his plastic baits too,, and they are better than any u will get on a store shelf.

His C-Bait is now my favorite. You wont find a better crank for the money. I know. I have been a dedicated cranker for 20 years and have tried them all.

Charles
Old 01-15-05, 10:32 PM   #11
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Your Norman crankbaits should serve you well; one of my best is their Deep Baby N. But make sure they're tuned; this brand seems to not run true out of the package more than other brands. My #1 confidence crank is the Rapala original Shad Raps. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I've used them more, but whatever the reason, my confidence in them is sky-high.

And my standard message to a new member is: Welcome to the asylum, we can always use another inmate.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 11:46 PM   #12
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum!

I concur with the other guys on bot the color c-lector and Chip's baits-haven't ordered any of Chip's baits yet but am planning to.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-05, 11:51 PM   #13
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I'd love to try chips c-baits, I just plain can't afford them on my income (allowance). :P How much does a color c-lector cost anyway?
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 12:23 AM   #14
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=HulaPopr link=board=news;num=1105816319;start=0#12 date=01/15/05 at 21:51:11] Â*How much does a color c-lector cost anyway? Â*[/quote]

More than they are worth.
I would say 100.00 or more.

Charles
Old 01-16-05, 01:34 AM   #15
kurt_moose
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kurt_moose

Basspro_wannabe...

You really need to do your homework if you are going to get into bass fishing. It can be very expensive. One thing is for sure, any pro-staffer is going to push the products of his sponsors like they are his favorite bait and they are the best in the world. After all, if they don't push their product they won't be sponsored very long. There are some good products out there, whether they are recommended by pro staffers or not. You just need to do your homework. :
kurt_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-05, 02:23 AM   #16
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=kickerfish link=board=news;num=1105816319;start=0#14 date=01/15/05 at 23:34:01]Basspro_wannabe...

You really need to do your homework if you are going to get into bass fishing. Â*It can be very expensive. Â*One thing is for sure, any pro-staffer is going to push the products of his sponsors like they are his favorite bait and they are the best in the world. Â*After all, if they don't push their product they won't be sponsored very long. Â*There are some good products out there, whether they are recommended by pro staffers or
not. Â*You just need to do your homework. Â* Â*:[/quote]

True.But believe it or not, some people use products from sponsors because they ARE their favorite baits and because they ARE the best.

Charles
Old 01-16-05, 12:26 PM   #17
kurt_moose
BassFishin.Com Member

As I said "There are some good products out there". If you are a Pro Staffer that is lucky enough to be sponsored by one of your favorite products, thats great. However, unless you are a TOP B.A.S.S. pro, you don't pick your sponsors. You take what you can get, and in most cases you will be pushing a product ONLY because you are sponsored by them.

I really get a kick out of these bass pro wanna bees who have all the patches and a shirt with their sponsor's on it, when half the time the sponsor won't even pay for the shirt, the fisherman does. Its really just an ego thing. I get in tournaments all the time with my own plain clothing and can beat these guys all day long.... Now, I am not saying this is 100% true in all cases, but from what I have seen, it is true more than not.

This is nothing more than the result of bass fishing becoming so commercialized that dealers are using and taking advantage of bass fisherman to advertise their products, and we the fisherman or at fault for letting this happen. If you are truly sponsored by a company everything they provide you should be FREE, FREE, FREE, and they should pay for part of your entry fee into tournaments where you wear their crap. You talk to these guys and you will find that they had to pay for their shirt, and they get a 10% discount from their sponsor, and a free hat. What a joke.

Just one fisherman's opinion.
Old 01-16-05, 12:55 PM   #18
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=kickerfish link=board=news;num=1105816319;start=0#16 date=01/16/05 at 10:26:20]
As I said "There are some good products out there". Â*If you are a Pro Staffer that is lucky enough to be sponsored by one of your favorite products, thats great. Â*However, unless you are a TOP B.A.S.S. pro, you don't pick your sponsors. Â*You take what you can get, and in most cases you will be pushing a product ONLY because you are sponsored by them.

I really get a kick out of these bass pro wanna bees who have all the patches and a shirt with their sponsor's on it, when half the time the sponsor won't even pay for the shirt, the fisherman does. Â*Its really just an ego thing. Â*I get in tournaments all the time with my own plain clothing and can beat these guys all day long.... Â*Now, I am not saying this is 100% true in all cases, but from what I have seen, it is true more than not.

This is nothing more than the result of bass fishing becoming so commercialized that dealers are using and taking advantage of bass fisherman to advertise their products, and we the fisherman or at fault for letting this happen. Â*If you are truly sponsored by a company everything they provide you should be FREE, FREE, FREE, and they should pay for part of your entry fee into tournaments where you wear their crap. Â*You talk to these guys and you will find that they had to pay for their shirt, and they get a 10% discount from their sponsor, and a free hat. Â*What a joke.

Just one fisherman's opinion. [/quote]

OOOPS! Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Why are you so against sponsorships. There are different levels of benefits based on performance. Or do you not understand the business side of competitive bass fishing

News flash, dude. Some of us actually do get sponsored by companies WE pick. I use very specific brands, whether or not I am sponsored by them.
And I solicited ONLY the companies From which brands I was and am already loyal to.

Sorry, maybe I just do not see the point of coming on here and running things down. I guess some people just like to stir up the pot.

Charles

Old 01-16-05, 02:00 PM   #19
kurt_moose
BassFishin.Com Member

If you are lucky enough to be properly sponsored then congratulations. I am not against sponsorship if its done fairly. I am not here to run you down as I do not even know you. Just trying to let people new to the bass fishing scene to keep an open mind and do their homework. I have been bass fishing for over thirty years and tournaments for over ten. There is alot of BS out there. I think we all have spent money on gimmicks that we were told were bass magnets. There are more new companies today selling bass fishing products then ever before, with more and more coming.

Just trying to remind people to open their minds before opening there wallets. Talk to mutliple people, shop around. Join a bass club. Not here to hurt just trying to help.

Good Fishing.
Old 01-16-05, 03:24 PM   #20
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

I am 19 yrs. old and I have learned that fishing is an expensive sport as Kickerfish says, especially tournament fishing as I have found out in the past 3 or 4 years. I will aslo agree that for some guys it is an ego thing to wear a shirt with patches on it because I have won against plenty of them and I am like you I just wear a shirt without the patches because I haven't my chance at getting a sponsor yet. I also agree with your phrase "You can't believe everthing you hear", but I think Bassboss is a good source of info and is trying to help me. I think one important reason for this message board is to try to help each other figure out what products are good and which products aren't worth a crap with a company that tries to make them sound like they are the best. ???

As for Marty Deep Baby N's are one of my favorite series of cranks that Norman makes I also like the Baby N's.

HulaPopr wrote: How much does a color c-lector cost anyway?
The new color c-lector is around $100.

Most of the time I fish water that is pretty stained with visibility of about 1-2 feet in small lakes around 400-600 acres. I would like to know about any specific crankbait brand, color, and dept range that is your secret to putting the hawg in the livewell?????

I want to thank everyone for their great input!!!!!
Old 01-16-05, 04:08 PM   #21
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=kickerfish link=board=news;num=1105816319;start=0#18 date=01/16/05 at 12:00:33]
If you are lucky enough to be properly sponsored then congratulations. Â*I am not against sponsorship if its done fairly. Â*I am not here to run you down as I do not even know you. Â*Just trying to let people new to the bass fishing scene to keep an open mind and do their homework. Â* I have been bass fishing for over thirty years and tournaments for over ten. Â*There is alot of BS out there. Â* I think we all have spent money on gimmicks that we were told were bass magnets. Â*There are more new companies today selling bass fishing products then ever before, with more and more coming. Â*

Just trying to remind people to open their minds before opening there wallets. Â*Talk to mutliple people, shop around. Â*Join a bass club. Â* Not here to hurt just trying to help.

Good Fishing.
[/quote]

Cool. And I agree, we have all fallen for gimmicks from time to time. I have more than 25 years of exp. myself.

Welcome aboard.

Charles
Old 01-16-05, 06:50 PM   #22
bennersj
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassboss what colors of the c-bait cranks do you like the best? :

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.