Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-29-11, 10:53 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishing with my nephews...part 1 of 2

This was a couple weekends ago near Des Moines, IA at a country club pond with my 12 and 14 year old nephews who fish once or twice a year at most, and I had to teach the 12 year old how to cast a spinning reel before we started. He was a natural at it after the first cast! We only had about 45 minutes to fish -- actually they fished, and I tried to coach.
Cam, the 12 year old, caught 3 LM in the first 30 minutes using a zoomie! Nate had a couple bites, but didn't hook up with any using a 5" wacky-rigged senko. With about 15 minutes left before dark, I put a buzzbait on for each of them and they both caught their first-ever buzzbait fish!

It was a really short outing, but we all enjoyed it and I hope to get them out again when they come up to visit us at the lake in August. Here are the pics from the night.

Cam's first fish of four on the night - 1lb 14oz (zoomie)

Nate's only fish of the night - 1lb 2oz (orange/black buzzbait)
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 11:01 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Dean that looks like a great trip, I am sure the boys had a great time. Kudos for taking it a step further than bobbers and worms and actually teaching them some techniques.

We need to see about getting that boy in the second picture a Cardinals hat though lol.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 11:11 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Kory, they are all actually HUGE Cardinals fans and typically make one trip a year to SL to see them play. I think the hat in the pic is just one from one of the league teams he plays for. They are all baseball nuts (they have a 10 year old brother also), and we were actually down there that weekend to watch their state tourney games on Fri/Sat/Sun. That's why we were only able to squeeze in 45 minutes of fishing one night. I'll tell him to bring a Redbirds cap to the lake when they come up to visit in August so we can get a better pic next time!

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 06:52 AM   #4
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Kory, they are all actually HUGE Cardinals fans and typically make one trip a year to SL to see them play. I think the hat in the pic is just one from one of the league teams he plays for. They are all baseball nuts (they have a 10 year old brother also), and we were actually down there that weekend to watch their state tourney games on Fri/Sat/Sun. That's why we were only able to squeeze in 45 minutes of fishing one night. I'll tell him to bring a Redbirds cap to the lake when they come up to visit in August so we can get a better pic next time!

Dean
Cardinals fans???!!!! Now I KNOW they are off in the right dirrection!!! Cardinal fans and bass fishin fans. It don't get any better than that!
Old 06-30-11, 07:02 PM   #5
islandbass

Hats off to you for taking them!
Old 07-01-11, 05:16 PM   #6
bamabassman

dang dean....awesum man.
Old 07-01-11, 06:02 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Cardinals fans???!!!! Now I KNOW they are off in the right dirrection!!! Cardinal fans and bass fishin fans. It don't get any better than that!
I'll drink to that.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 08:01 PM   #8
woody

Great times!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.