Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 04-22-14, 01:22 AM   #1
TennTyrant
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Fishing jigs

I want to start fishing jigs for bass my question is what are the best jigs to start with and what type of rod and reel and line should I use? I am a long time cranking guy and really want to try jigs so any help getting started will be great.
TennTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 12:13 PM   #2
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Do you want to pitch them, flip 'em, swim them, punch them or cast them?

I have quite a few Omega and Dirty Jigs jigs. I like my Dirty Jigs better than my Omega's; however, my DJ's are California swim jigs and my Omegas are flipping/structure jigs. So to compare the 2 when I say I like one better than the other is not really fair as they do two completely different things.

I have some football head jigs too. Can't remember who makes them though...

All of this I throw/flip on a 7' MH Kistler Magnesium Rod with a 7.1:1 reel (use to a Curado 200E7 now a Lew's TP1SH).

I am by no means a jig expert and use them rarely, there are others who are way better and more knowledgeable about jigs than I. Hopefully they'll chime in soon.

Dirty Jigs: http://www.dirtyjigstackle.com/

Omega: http://omegacustomtackle.com/

A lot of guys on here make their own jigs too...

Just to get you started...oh and don't forget about your trailers. That is probably the most frustrating part of it all, well for me anyways...LOL!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.