Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-04-04, 07:42 AM   #1
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default Strike King Wild Thang tube baits

i have 7 bags o fthese things( 3 of them are wild thang lizards) i have colors ranging from junebug to red shad tho waterealon and chartresuse. they are like 4.5 inches to 6.5 inches. is texas rig the only way to use em or can you put them on a carolina?
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 08:43 AM   #2
bassguy2004

Default Re: Strike King Wild Thang tube baits

I'd put a 1/4 oz. weight pegged and flip into heavy cover. Or pitch them to weed patches. Maybe work them down points.
Old 09-04-04, 11:26 AM   #3
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

[quote author=PowerBass link=board=news;num=1094294540;start=0#0 date=09/04/04 at 06:42:20]i have 7 bags o fthese things( 3 of them are wild thang lizards) i have colors ranging from junebug to red shad tho waterealon and chartresuse. they are like 4.5 inches to 6.5 inches. is texas rig the only way to use em or can you put them on a carolina?[/quote]

YES!! By all means you can C-Rig them. And get ready for some amazing catches. For better performance, hit em with a shot of The Original Fish Formula Magnum Craw. ;D Wonderful Combo.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 09:45 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

More people probably use a Lizard on a c-rig than anything else. Yes some use other things, but the Lizard is more popular, than any of the others. Strike King has some good and bad qualities about them. One of their good or bad(depends on your opinion) is that they will float up better than say, a Zoom Lizard. So they work a lot better with c-rig in my opinion. Now I don't c-rig very often, but when I do it's actually with a Snapback Lizard, which is a super flexible strong lizard, that floats. Kinda like the Strike King 3x

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 11:57 PM   #5
szimmerman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to szimmerman

Tried the "Wild Thang", and the Zoom Brush Hog.
I find the Brush Hog works better- got 2 good 2-3lb. bass in, on one at Lake Wylie

-StetsD
szimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.