Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-18-09, 02:59 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default winter weather check list

when the poeple of the southern states hear the words "winter weather" they tend to freak..the infamus "bread and milk" thing..now if your forced by need to go to the store to buy certain items and want to live to tell about. you sure as he!! need a check list of equipment...

pepper spray-check
trazer-check
stun gun-check
large combat knife-check
wooden ball bat-check
large caliber auto handgun-check

of course a bullet proof vest is optional but a good idea...

yep of course i had to get milk-doh!!-

however i did get to watch a couple of blue hairs duke it out over the last loaf of wonder bread.

i broke my bat -DAMMIT!!!- while getting the last gallon of whole milk.
i guess you could say that pepper spraying a person on oxegen to be cruel but the ol sob shot me with a tazer first.

and this was just at the local grocery store..i heard chaos reined at the dallor store.-a shoot out over the last pack of crackers or so they said-

zooker
Old 12-18-09, 03:28 PM   #2
nofearengineer

Are you sure you were grocery shopping, Zooker?

It sounded more to me like you were trying to buy the new Twilight novel.
Old 12-18-09, 03:51 PM   #3
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Are you sure you were grocery shopping, Zooker?

It sounded more to me like you were trying to buy the new Twilight novel.

OMG!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
THERES A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
hahaha

Im just kidding, I already own them all.

Zooker,We dont get the whole grocery store chaos in TX....All we get for winter is about 3 days off icey roads and about 3,000 car wrecks to follow...Because apparently,people forget every year how to drive on ice.
You checklist might apply to my problem....Ill take a bat to any one that hits my Kia.
Old 12-18-09, 05:11 PM   #4
1/4 stick

Zook isn't lying. That's the way it is here. When I worked in the grocery biz, none of us would even mention the word snow for fear it would start a riot on the bread and milk isles. I'd rather tangle with a Bobcat bare handed and in the buff than have work the bread and milk isles on those days.
Old 12-18-09, 10:05 PM   #5
bamabassman

Zooker is dead on man. I have watched ladies fight to the death over a loaf of bread. Plenty of buns and none sliced bread on the shelves, but nooooo.., they want the sliced loaf. bread is bread if you are really hungry. And look at these folks, like missing 1 or 2 meals without bread is gonna kill them. Heck, when it is an iced or snowed in day around here, we have SOUP and CORNBREAD. Now where does the sliced bread figure in that? LOL.
Old 12-19-09, 12:09 AM   #6
Bender

I can honestly say that I don't understand the need for bread and milk before a storm. Are they afraid they won't be able to get out for a week? Heck after a day or two down there it usually melts doesn't it? What I can imagine is the chaos in the stores if everybody is trying to get food at the same time. Careful with that Tazer Zooker, I don't know how they affect pacemakers.

I did see a Florida license plate on a car up here this evening. I wonder what that guy was thinking. It was -10F and we were on our way home from an hour of snowshoeing in the woods.
-14F now at 11 P.M.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 12:31 AM   #7
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I can honestly say that I don't understand the need for bread and milk before a storm. Are they afraid they won't be able to get out for a week? Heck after a day or two down there it usually melts doesn't it? What I can imagine is the chaos in the stores if everybody is trying to get food at the same time. Careful with that Tazer Zooker, I don't know how they affect pacemakers.

I did see a Florida license plate on a car up here this evening. I wonder what that guy was thinking. It was -10F and we were on our way home from an hour of snowshoeing in the woods.
-14F now at 11 P.M.
Around here, if it snows tonight, most likely it will be melted by 11 the next day. Maybe, and a big maybe it is, it might last till the next day and have just enough of an icy crust to bust your backside on in the morning. I can only remember twice in my life that it stuck around any longer.
Old 12-19-09, 01:04 AM   #8
bamabassman

Same here, if it does snow it only lasts for 1 or 2 days. and if ya can't make cornbread and biscuits, you ain't been reared up right. Milk keeps for at least a week or so. I can't understand it either, Like everyone is gona drink up the milk first when there is all kinds of colas and if you got kids, you must have some KOOL-AID. Man i grew up on Kool-Aid. I do remember one year it iced for about 4 days. Ate peanut butter sandwiches on hamburger buns. Like i said, bread is bread.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.