Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-27-12, 10:47 PM   #1
blaze1
BassFishin.Com Member

Lightbulb arsenal suggestions

I'm trying to diversify my tackle box with plastics and lures for the cold weather. I usually fish rivers and ponds but go to a lake now and then and im wondering what seems to be the best line up for multi spiecies,depth and water temp that some of you have used this fall/winter season sucessfuly. I can't justify trying to hunt down live bait in my area anymore although it works the best. thanks for the input and good luck out there!
blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 11:32 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'd stock up on some zoom 4" finesse worms for this time of year. As far as multi species line, hard to beat 20lb braid.
Old 11-29-12, 11:45 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would get some 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4oz ball jig heads and some 3", 4" and 5" curl tail grubs. You can swim them, hop them, burn them, crawl them, and drag them. They will catch just about anything that swims, can be fished on spinning or casting gear and they don't cost much.

Another bait I would consider is a jigging spoon. They come in various sizes and colors, catch multiple species and are a great winter time bait.
Old 11-30-12, 04:39 PM   #4
WTL

Be sure to grab some stinger missiles. They can come in handy more often than you would expect
Old 12-01-12, 10:14 AM   #5
keithdog

Choosing baits that are good for multiple species can be a tough sell, especially since various species have various needs. But one lure I have used over the years that still produces very well is the old 1/8 oz beetle spin with the twist tail. Yellow is always my favorite color. But others work too. I've caught everything from big pike to bluegill on light tackle with this bait. It's an oldie but a goodie. I prefer the two inch bodies. One year on a trip to Minnesoata, that was all the fish would hit. We went through several cards of these baits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1d4b28ebce8003fe783c4fe2bb16bb0d_image_504x344.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	8366  
Old 12-02-12, 07:51 AM   #6
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

A 3" grub on a 1/4 oz.-1/2 oz. ballhead jig.I like smoke, avocado,pumkin ,watermelon colored grubs.Cast it out let it sink to the bottom and drag it back along the bottom.

A silver buddy. This stupid looking thing will catch all species of fish.cast it out around primary points and rip it off the bottom and let it fall back to the bottom for a retrieve.

a Krocodile spoon . cast it out and bring over submerged weedbeds.You'll foul the spoon every once in a while with weeds but if your not ticking the weed tops ,your fishing it too fast.

A rattle trap.fish it fast as it's a reaction bait.I like smaller profile heavier traps , the sugoi vib trap is one of my favorites, of course it is discontinued but you can still pick them up on ebay if you look for them.Right after ice out,I seek the creeks and throw small traps.They will outfish any other lure if your retrieving them fast enough in 40-45 degree water.

I downsize line to 8 lb test, sometimes 6 lb depending on the brand.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.