Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-04, 07:06 PM   #51
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Who is ready for some football?

Quote:
we got this one bagged...go gators
I don't know about that. Chris Leak has looked good so far and all, but I don't think he's ever played in front of 100,000 plus drunken vol fans. UT has two overhyped freshmen qbs, but they have a strong running game which is great for a wet field (although I'm not certain Ivan wont be gone by gametime).
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-04, 07:31 PM   #52
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

chris leak is used to playin in florida feild which gets up there right along with tennessee feild hes used to the noiise. as far as the running game goes are d has been holdin up pretty well with chrowder. i wont be surprised if ut has under 90 yards running of coarse they will likely pop 1 or 2 runs on us but other than that im not to worried. and look at our backfield with c-4 aka ciatric fason and wyns,thorton u saw how good they were against e. michigan i no e michigan isnt that good. but we still put on quite a show.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-04, 07:52 PM   #53
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Is Marcus Manson gonna get any playing time this year for yall? They say he is gonna be a good one.

BTW, there is a huge difference between playing in the swamp when you are a gator and playing in neyland when you are a gator. I hate tennessee at the moment with all my being, but even I recognize its a tough environment and always has been. Heck, my old man got in a fight there back in the 60s with a couple drunk old rednecks that looked like charlie daniels.
Old 09-17-04, 09:09 PM   #54
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

yes ur right it is different but chris leak has heard as loud as it can be in the swamp maybe not on offence but when he is on the side line during defence he has heard it get real loud i 2 have been to the tennesee stadium fortunatly i didnt get into any fights ;D we will just have to see how leak handles it but if we score first it might shut up the tennesee fans
Old 09-17-04, 10:42 PM   #55
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

Hey, I will be the first to give credit where it is due. Gators are one tough team. Especially in the swamp. But, Tn is as tough as any at home, and tougher than some. And yeah, it might shut us up.

For a little bit.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-04, 10:47 PM   #56
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassboss link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=50#54 date=09/17/04 at 21:42:01]

For a little bit. Â*

Charles[/quote]

ha.........the first score is just the tip of the ice burg.....i think im using that phrase right....anyways after the first score they just keep on rollin out 1 after another. by the way i will give tennesee there credit they are ranked right up there with florida as 1 of the loudest stadiums to play at
Old 09-17-04, 11:26 PM   #57
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm waiting with baited breath to see which team prevails in knoxville, cause if they can hold off Georgia they might get to see my beloved Crimson Tide this year in Atlanta.

Oddly enough, I would relish the opportunity of watching bama hand it to UT twice in the same year.
Old 09-18-04, 01:15 AM   #58
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

''IF''we can hold off Georgia..........we hold them off every year georgia might as well go home instead of playing us the will just get embarrest at the worlds largest cocktail party ;D...............i'll be lookin forward to playin alabama
Old 09-18-04, 07:38 AM   #59
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Its TIME > > > >, are we ready for this. Unfortunately Ill be at work, get to watch the game but the salsa and beer just wont be the same. Didnt get on for a few......Spurrier, what year are u in? Oh welll will try to hit things later.
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-04, 01:20 PM   #60
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i think zook is getting better every year i dont think spurrier is coming back to florida but i wouldnt be surprised if he came back to college ball..........i guess spurrier had the same luck in nfl as when he tried to play in the nfl i guess nfl isnt cut out for spurrier i think ron zook will be good
Old 09-18-04, 01:46 PM   #61
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

I think you are hoping that Zook will be good. There is a difference. Its like us and Shula right now, I can sit here and say he will be good but that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. He has to prove it. Our name wins some games every year, and so does florida so its tough to know sometimes what you've got in a head coach. Hell, I could coach Florida to 5 wins.

I think all that Spurrier knows right now is that college football takes a lot of time out of your golf schedule.
Old 09-18-04, 02:27 PM   #62
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

well if zook keeps goin like he is(getting better every year) then he will be very good. but u r right there is no way of telling how good he will be next season or even this season he has only played a unranked team so there is really no way of telling if he will be good or not we will just have to wait and see
Old 09-18-04, 09:24 PM   #63
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

the hell happened to nc state they got cremed by ohio Â*and duke lost -i won't hear the end of this one for a while.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-04, 01:40 AM   #64
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

First off, let me say this. Chris Leak is Scary. He has a major career ahead of him.
Secondly, the personal foul should have been called on Tennessee, but it wasn't.
Third, GREAT game.

Now, with that said, I will say this...
Old 09-19-04, 01:41 AM   #65
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

;D
Old 09-19-04, 01:57 AM   #66
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, UT won. SEC officiating is still atrocious.

As for our game, I feel like we lost tonight. Up 31 nothing on 1-AA western carolina and our starting QB Brodie Croyle goes down with a season ending ACL tear. It was on the last play of the last drive that the first teamers were gonna participate in. >
Old 09-19-04, 02:04 AM   #67
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=WTL link=board=Tourneys;num=1093729062;start=50#65 date=09/19/04 at 00:57:25]
As for our game, I feel like we lost tonight. Â*Up 31 nothing on 1-AA western carolina and our starting QB Brodie Croyle goes down with a season ending ACL tear. Â*It was on the last play of the last drive that the first teamers were gonna participate in. Â* > [/quote]

That is a bummer. Sorry to hear that. And i mean that. I never want to see anyone get hurt.

Charles
Old 09-19-04, 06:03 AM   #68
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Very nice reply, I got a lot less from you than at the station, dang FSU fans. Anyways I definately agree with the foul( game defining moment there). Anyways was a good game, ya'lls 2 freshman are good. So now I digress Â*:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-X. Also I agree it sucks to see someone go down so early in the season with any injury.
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-04, 08:21 PM   #69
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(....heartbreaking
Old 09-19-04, 08:26 PM   #70
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

it was a good game the oficials srewed us over again but im not going to use them as an excuse as to why we losted. we should of never let them get into field goal range.man that was a heck of a kick i thought for sure that he was going to miss it. my pop warner team also lost this weekend r star running back got a broken ankle...........not good. i need to go fishin
Old 09-19-04, 10:00 PM   #71
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
Well, UT won. SEC officiating is still atrocious.
No kidding-the ref is standing there watching both players slap each other and only calls it on one? should have been offsetting fouls.

I'm happy, though-after a miserable showing in the first game my Aggies are starting to look like a team. I know we sure surprised a lot of folks by beating a pretty good Clemson team.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-04, 10:15 PM   #72
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea Rebb it looks like the aggies might be starting to pull it together. Yall wont know for sure until you play OU and "the REAL UT".

One last thing about SEC refs. What you saw in that game is a common occurance. There was an extremly controversial call at the end of the Auburn-LSU game too. SEC refs love to make the difference in games and boy do they ever do it often. I'd like to see some of them get an IRS audit, wonder if they are getting any income off the side?
Old 09-19-04, 10:31 PM   #73
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

WTL, there is only one UT and it ain't in Texas. The nutless bovines in Austin are tu to us.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-04, 01:08 AM   #74
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to socalbasser

Quote:
Well, UT won. SEC officiating is still atrocious
Quote:
it was a good game the oficials srewed us over again .
If that ain't typical of gator/bama fans, it's always the refs. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote:
Yea Rebb it looks like the aggies might be starting to pull it together. Yall wont know for sure until you play OU and "the REAL UT".
WTL,

Ya'll get yours on Oct 23rd! Come on up to neyland and get some!

Skeeter
socalbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-04, 03:34 AM   #75
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm gonna try to come up there. We are gonna get even for that debacle last year. Your luck is fixin to run out.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.