Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-22-13, 03:01 AM   #1
keggs17
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Heavy action flippin rods

So iv asked you fellas what your favorite creature baits are, now id like to see what your flipin/pitchin armory consits of! lets see them broomsticks! post a picture or comment and let us know what rods and reels you guys are using to throw your flippin baits!. Here are my rods/ reels, 7'6 xfactor mh w/ revo sx 7:1:1 with 20lb fluro. 7'6 mh mojo bass, w/ quantum 310 mg 65 lb braid, mojo bass 7'11 H, w/ curado 200e7 65 lb braid. Bass Pro shops Nitro (my favorite) 7'10 xh wating along with the mojo 7'11 for curado 300e transplants lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	486.5 KB
ID:	8572   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	8573  

Last edited by keggs17; 02-22-13 at 11:54 AM.
keggs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 08:32 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It's wintertime and my rods and reels are taking seperate vacations. They won't be back together for another month yet, so pictures are impossible. But I carry two for the mentioned technique, both Kistler LTX rods, 7'6" H/f and a 7'0" H/f. Both are paired with Pfluegerr Patriarch's spooled with 50# Suffix braid. I know, boring...
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 09:48 AM   #3
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Mine is a BPS Carbonlite 7' Hvy/xtra fast with microguides. Reel is a Abu Garcia Revo S with 30lb Power Pro braid. I know, mine is boring too. but, it works.
Old 02-22-13, 02:07 PM   #4
lilmule

All Star m h 7 ft 2 and a diawa aird heavy action reels are Diawa megaforce and quantum tournament pro,50 lb braid both about 130 bucks inc line.both can heave a 6 lber over the top of the mat to retrieve.
I do have an older broom handle spinning outfit,7 ft heavy action tn handle,to me it is heavy for using all day long but available in case someone wants it.Think its a pro star.Rated 3/8 to 1 oz yes spinning.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 02:34 PM   #5
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've got several:

My main one is a 7-6 Fenwick Techna AV flipping stick with a Quantum Accurist 500 PT and 50 lb Powerpro braid.

My other one is a 7-6 Falcon Original flipping stick with a Cabelas Tourney Trail reel-made by Quantum-with 50lb Powerpro.

For pitching a 6-10 H2O Express pitching stick with a Tourney Trail reel and 50lb Powerpro.

I also have an ancient 7-6 Berkley Lightnin' Rod with a BPS Extreme reel and 50lb Powerpro but I rarely use it anymore.
Old 02-22-13, 05:38 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

G.Loomis MBR844C IMX - 7' H F; paired with a Revo STX
Falcon Cara Micro Amistad - 7'3" H F; paired with a Daiwa Fuego
Dobyns Champ. Extreme DX784C Mike Long - 7'8" H F; paired with a Daiwa Fuego 7.1:1

I've also got a 7'6" MH Abu Vendetta that is way underrated as a MH that pulls a lot of miscellaneous heavy bait work.

BB
Old 02-22-13, 10:18 PM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Mine is a 7'6" Castaway BB2 XP3 blank (XH - Mod Fast) with a spiraled Fuji micro guide train (Built to Hot Pocket's specs!) and a E7 Curado for the winching. I don't have any trouble finding it in the rod locker, that's fo sho!

Old 02-23-13, 12:17 PM   #8
keggs17
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Mine is a 7'6" Castaway BB2 XP3 blank (XH - Mod Fast) with a spiraled Fuji micro guide train (Built to Hot Pocket's specs!) and a E7 Curado for the winching. I don't have any trouble finding it in the rod locker, that's fo sho!

haha i like that. im a little jelous.... LOL
Old 02-23-13, 12:18 PM   #9
keggs17
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
G.Loomis MBR844C IMX - 7' H F; paired with a Revo STX
Falcon Cara Micro Amistad - 7'3" H F; paired with a Daiwa Fuego
Dobyns Champ. Extreme DX784C Mike Long - 7'8" H F; paired with a Daiwa Fuego 7.1:1

I've also got a 7'6" MH Abu Vendetta that is way underrated as a MH that pulls a lot of miscellaneous heavy bait work.

BB
how is the cara working for you? i was debating on getting one?
Old 02-23-13, 04:10 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by keggs17 View Post
how is the cara working for you? i was debating on getting one?
I bought it last spring in Cabela's Bargain Cave with a busted guide. Replaced the guide, but barely got to use it last season.

It's my first micro guide rod and first Falcon. The micro guides help balance since Falcon likes to skin a lot of cork off the handle. I wouldn't mind the rear grip to be a little larger, but that's just ergonomics and personal preference.

Construction of the rod is decent, but not great. Won't affect performance and probably wouldn't both most people. On almost all the guides, the thread isn't completely covered with epoxy. Easy to fix when I get the time, but disappointing from a rod of this price and I expected more out of Falcon. Overall not the best I've seen, but no where near the worst.

I threw jigs on it once and some big 10" Power Worms. It's a good rod for the price (especially for I paid for it). With how competitive the market has become, I think there may be better options out there, but I'll hold on to this one; especially if I let my dad use my MBR844C IMX for frogging this summer.

BB
Old 02-24-13, 03:19 AM   #11
keggs17
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I bought it last spring in Cabela's Bargain Cave with a busted guide. Replaced the guide, but barely got to use it last season.

It's my first micro guide rod and first Falcon. The micro guides help balance since Falcon likes to skin a lot of cork off the handle. I wouldn't mind the rear grip to be a little larger, but that's just ergonomics and personal preference.

Construction of the rod is decent, but not great. Won't affect performance and probably wouldn't both most people. On almost all the guides, the thread isn't completely covered with epoxy. Easy to fix when I get the time, but disappointing from a rod of this price and I expected more out of Falcon. Overall not the best I've seen, but no where near the worst.

I threw jigs on it once and some big 10" Power Worms. It's a good rod for the price (especially for I paid for it). With how competitive the market has become, I think there may be better options out there, but I'll hold on to this one; especially if I let my dad use my MBR844C IMX for frogging this summer.

BB
comparable to a st. croix legend tournament of the same action/ length or no?
Old 02-24-13, 10:33 AM   #12
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by keggs17 View Post
comparable to a st. croix legend tournament of the same action/ length or no?
The line and lure ratings are quite close between the Amistad and the 7'4" H LTB rod. Close enough that I'd probably just consider them the same. I don't know how Croix tends to rate their rods, but the Amistad seems a bit stouter than my 7' H F Loomis IMX.

Unfortunately I don't have any on the water experience with Croix's higher end rods. I love the looks (not so much on some of the newer models) and the fact that Croix has one of the best built factory rods on the market. But I find them to be quite tip heavy at 7'+ and I can't bring myself to buy one.

BB
Old 02-27-13, 09:11 PM   #13
bcklash

Dobyns champion w/Revo xs. Love this set up.

Falcon Bucoo w/Pfluger Trion. Haven't used yet. Got both off of ebay. The Bucoo Micro new with tags $52.95 including s/h. The Trion new in box for $25.00 free shipping.
Old 03-04-13, 12:21 PM   #14
flfireman

All Star 7'6" hv/fs, w/ 65# power pro, BPS flippin reel (7:1 I believe). Also have BPS 7'6" hv/fs, w/ 65# power pro, Pinnacle reel. Nothing fancy, but works.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.