Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-20-11, 05:12 PM   #1
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default started restoring my 1st boat

well ive got a little 12 footer ive been using but i came across a 1981 lowe bass catcher with a mercury 40. i got it cheap and started restoring it into something i can use and be proud of. heres what it looked like to start with.

then i ripped up all the old rotten wood and gross carpet. then made a new front casting deck and the tip. then after some internet research i found that they made a bass catcher Pro that had a rear casting deck so i decided i had to have a rear casting deck so heres what i did.

i got some wiring done and scrapped all the old glue from the floor then today i got some carpet down.

i still need carpet for the rear casting deck. the engine needs a stator (200 bux) and i want a foot controlled trolling motor but its a work in progress hope u guys like it.
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 05:17 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

LOOKS AWESUM MAN!!! oyu are doing a fantastic job so far. we love seeing this sort of thing. bringing back an old rig is something i would love to do. i want to restore my ol cajun, but monies ain't there just yet. only thing i would like for you to do is take off the fin on the motor, it'll ruin the motor pal. unless it is one of the GOOD fins. research it.

other than that, keep posting pics of this for us. great job so far.

and if oyu are looking for a foot control trolling motor, i got one for you. 56# thrust motorguide, nothing wrong with it i jsut upgraded to an 80# thrust. no mount for it either. if interested, send me a pm.
Old 08-20-11, 05:34 PM   #3
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

hmm ill do some research on that fin, never heard of that. and is the mount something i could get for that motor? id like the mount that folds the engine up, if thats something i could buy from motorguide id be interested. thanks for the compliments
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 05:39 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

you can find a motorguide trolling motor mount. i would try craigslist, bass boat central and ebay. there are threads about those fins here if oyu want to research it. send me a pm and we'll talk aobut the trolling motor.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.