Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-15-11, 11:57 PM   #1
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lowrance LSS-1 Question for Todd Driscoll or Anyone else with answers

I have a LSS-1, HDS7, and HDS5 and they are networked with ethernet cables to each other. My yellow wire from my LSS-1 is switched so I can turn that unit on and off to save battery power while fishing. I have used this set up a couple of times and everything worked fine. Now I am getting a (No Source) message on my downscan and sidescan screens on both units. I have only a red light on my LSS-1 unit now. I have tried wiggling my cables to see if I can get a connection but nothing seems to work. I have read some info about rebooting my LSS-1 but cant find out how or if this would work. Any help would be appreciated.
tmcwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 02:22 PM   #2
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Since you have "no source" on both units and only the red light, I would suspect you lost power to your yellow wire. Check your in-line fuse and voltage to the switch, and then verify that your switch is functioning and you are getting voltage thru the switch to the unit. Let me know what you find.
Old 08-17-11, 08:15 AM   #3
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for getting back with me so quick. It will be a few days before I can work on it, I will get back with you.
Old 08-23-11, 11:29 PM   #4
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Todd,

I unhooked all my wires and started from scratch. Ran a hot wire straight from my battery and hooked a fuse to it and then all my red and yellow wires together on it and all my black to the ground this was to eliminate all the possible bad connections. I still get the no source screen on both my front and back unit and only have the red light on my LSS-1. My front unit is hooked up to a different point of power then the back unit but is connected through an ethernet cable to the LSS-1. I had to unscrew the power cable on the right side of my LSS-1 to get the red light to go off because nothing is on a switch at this point. What do I need to try now.

Tom
Old 08-25-11, 05:36 AM   #5
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

While I own a different brand last time mine said that turned out to be a bad wire and or transducer,replacing solved it.Couldnt find one bad spot in it either,yet replacing was the thing that worked,tad more costly however.
And id put a switch in.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-11, 10:57 AM   #6
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcwhitt View Post
Todd,

I unhooked all my wires and started from scratch. Ran a hot wire straight from my battery and hooked a fuse to it and then all my red and yellow wires together on it and all my black to the ground this was to eliminate all the possible bad connections. I still get the no source screen on both my front and back unit and only have the red light on my LSS-1. My front unit is hooked up to a different point of power then the back unit but is connected through an ethernet cable to the LSS-1. I had to unscrew the power cable on the right side of my LSS-1 to get the red light to go off because nothing is on a switch at this point. What do I need to try now.

Tom
Tom, at this point I am thinking your LSS box may be faulty, but I have an inquiry in to our Product Expert. Since it is Saturday, it may be Monday before I have any more information. Will post as soon as I consult with him.
Old 08-27-11, 10:22 PM   #7
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Tom, our Product Expert agreed with me regarding your LSS, likely a faulty unit. Call CS at 800-324-1356 for a Return Authorization. Explain to them what you've done and what we discussed here.
Old 08-28-11, 04:44 PM   #8
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Todd I will give them a call.
Old 08-29-11, 03:34 PM   #9
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Todd,

I talked to customer service today and told them everything we talked about. They said if the red power light is on and not blinking and the other lights are not on, with no source message on both units it needs to be rebooted. I am going to have to send it in.
Old 08-30-11, 09:19 AM   #10
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Sorry for the trouble, but glad CS is going to get you up and going again.
Old 10-21-11, 08:14 AM   #11
tmcwhitt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Got New Unit From Lowrance

Wanted to post a follow up on my LSS-1 unit I was having trouble with. Lowrance sent me a new unit and I finally got it put on and took it to the lake and tried it out. Everything is working fine now so it had to be the unit not my cables or HDS units. I also wanted to thank Todd again for helping me with this problem.
Old 10-21-11, 10:05 AM   #12
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Sounds great Tom, glad to help, and thanks for posting the follow-up!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.