Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-14-08, 10:39 PM   #51
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

wtl, ifn you want to bring the food that is fine. and really the lunch thing is more to keep up with the catches. and to get a bite, compare tech and see what is working. but the dinner is what i was really looking forward to. if 7 is too early tell me and we will make it later. and the $10 is easier for my wife to make sure that she has everything she needs to get the kitchen started. to everyone...let me know what ya'll think. i am willing to be flexible. just kinda wanted to get a feel of what was wanted, ok? and if you want to stay later on sunday, that is fine as well. i am just wanting to get an idea of what everyone wants. no problem, we can change as we go when we get there.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 10:44 PM   #52
WTL

I like the idea of having lunch with yall, I just dont want to feel the pressure to make it - cause I am planning on heading up past BB Comer first full day and thats far enough I wanto to stay a few hours- but we will work that out I'm sure. I'm gonna try to come in early on friday, but we will see on that too- I might hit Wilson lake on the way over to scottsboro. The dinners are gonna need to be after dark. Thats gonna be eightish I guess.
Old 05-14-08, 10:50 PM   #53
bamabassman

oh, wtl, no pressure at all about the lunch thing. and if 8 is better...8 it is. not a problem. and you are right, we will be up pretty late that night i am sure.
Old 05-14-08, 10:50 PM   #54
bamabassman

sorry, 8 for the dinner. meant to say that.
Old 05-14-08, 11:07 PM   #55
backinthesaddle
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Bama, don't know for sure yet if we're all coming yet. But if we do I wont do the food thing. My son has type 1 diabetes. We have to count all the carbs. that he eats and watch the old diet pretty close. but it sounds like fun to hang out with a bunch of fisherman for a weekend.
backinthesaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 11:12 PM   #56
WTL

The food thing might even beone of those things we should just hold off on - get silverware and napkins and get everyone together then decide what were gonna eat. It could be really hot and everyone just decide on ice cream for all we know.
Old 05-14-08, 11:15 PM   #57
bamabassman

ok, we'll see what everyone else says before we make a comitment. how's that? we are talking about the lunch...right? not the dinner. or both? i am just wanting to get it straight, hahahaha.
Old 05-15-08, 02:15 AM   #58
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Schedule?

John, I'm with WTL on lunch Saturday. I, for one, don't want to leave biting fish to eat lunch. Kinda like the old saying, "don't leave fish to find fish." If we're close to the campsite, nothing's biting, it's somewhere close to 11, sure, we'll come eat, compare strategies, etc, but if the fishing's hot, SEE Y'ALL AFTER DARK!!! LOL

Seriously, let's let lunch be open, and up to the individuals. My vote is for everybody to supply their own midday meal, to allow flexibility. Most of us probably have cell phones, so we can share numbers around and get in touch with each other if we need to.

I think dinner Saturday night will be a little more definite as far as time, since most of us will haul it in once we can't see where we're throwing the lure. Let's put dinner at o'dark-thirty, to give everybody a chance to get back. Menu to be decided later, I guess.

I've got a folding leg card table I can bring, with 4 folding chairs. It's in the attic, no problem to get to. Being a card table, it's only big enough for 4 people to use. Not sure if you're needing something bigger, but I'll bring it, anyway. We'll find a use for it somewhere, I'm sure.

I'm debating on taking off work that Friday, too, or at least getting half a day off. Otherwise, I'll be 11 pm or later getting there. I'll be camping, I reckon, or I may just sleep in the truck, for convenience sake. Couple of egg crates in the bed, a tarp to keep off the dew...the more I think about it, the more I like it. Fine, call me crazy...I don't care.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 10:50 AM   #59
bothomas
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Smile

hey gang, I'm ok with whatever everyone wants to do for food. Just let me know. I have 1 card table I'll bring, still don't know if I'm staying at the camp or just staying at my house. guess it just depends on how the wife feels. I've seen talk on lures. traps are good and red is the color of choice, blades - I've been throwing 1/2 and 3/4 oz. with willows. Bring plenty of lizards and big worms. You can bring smaller lures if your gonna be fishing the bank, but I'm gonna be on the main river flats and ridges. Of course, if this is gonna be your first time on the lake you may want to sticks to points and bank fishing in the creeks. You guys wanting to eat bass or crappie? I'm not real big on eating bass, but then again, I'm not real big on crappie fishing this time of year either!! If any of you want to do crappie fishing let me know and I'll check to see where they're at. I don't think anyone's gonna have a problem sharing a few holes with a bunch of guys from outta town. Lookin forward to seeing everyone!
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:41 AM   #60
WTL

Could we add to the list who is bringing a boat and who isn't? I might have room to take on 1 non boater.
Old 05-15-08, 11:48 AM   #61
bothomas
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have room for 1 in my boat. Could take 2, but I'd rather only have 2 in the boat. I don't want anyone left out either.
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 12:16 PM   #62
MississippiBoy

I have a boat, and me and Bama have talked about me bringing it. It's a 14-ft fiberglass Scout, room for only 2, and the guy in the back won't be happy. I haven't even had it out this year. If we need it, I'll be happy to bring it. Just not sure if it'll be worth it.
Old 05-15-08, 08:54 PM   #63
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

We won't be bringing our boat. My dad and I don't mind getting split up it's jsut a matter of the tackle.... And John, sorry I can't find the folding table (our basement is kind of tore up since it flooded a couple years ago.

BB
Old 05-15-08, 09:08 PM   #64
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Another one of the many seasons in Ohio - Flood Season!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 07:47 AM   #65
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ol'fisherman
Default Sad News!

hey guys sorry to say but i'm not going to make it bad as i want to come.tournaments have me scheduled tighter than a palomar knot.i sure be with all ya'll in spirit though.have lots of pics and i will stay in touch with all as much as i can.Good luck Guys!!!!
ol'fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 09:42 PM   #66
BigBassin144

Do you guys ever do any dropshotting in Guntersville?

BB
Old 05-18-08, 10:15 PM   #67
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

144, go to your local Wal-mArt and check out the Berkley Biosonix rods. They are a step-up from the Cherrywood's, yet cheaper than the Crucials. I'm pickin' one up for Shakey Head/Drop Shot. They look awesome for only $52.00!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 10:39 PM   #68
bamabassman

bb, never tried the drop shot at guntersville.
Old 05-18-08, 10:47 PM   #69
MississippiBoy

ol'fisherman-- Sorry to hear that, man. I know you were fired up about it. We'll miss ya.
On a "housekeeping" note, you might want to post your withdrawal in the Guntersville event sticky at the top of the "Message Boards" page. Kevin's trying to keep a running count going, and he might not see this post.
Like I said, though, sorry you can't make it.
Old 05-18-08, 10:53 PM   #70
WTL

You could probly make a drop shot work, but I wouldnt bother trying myself. Too many fish to be had on power techniques to bother with something that wimpy.
Old 05-18-08, 11:11 PM   #71
bamabassman

ol fisherman, real sorrythat you can't make it buddy. getting things ready gang. lunch will be for whoever wants it. and the fish fry (IF there is any, lol), will be around 8ish, how's that gang? now the wifey said that she needs everyone to help with dinner....ok? oh, she wants the fish fileted too. she gets sick (i know, a woman, ok?) if she eats a bone, lol. and bb, that's ok about the table. someone else has one i hope. anyone have a folding table? i got 1, sorta narrow. but i got 1. need another one. gonna list what all i have again within the next week. it's coming along gang. not too much longer. everyone ready? i am. of course i gotta get the cajun fixed, taking it tomorrow (monday).
Old 05-19-08, 06:51 AM   #72
BigBassin144

WTL, thanks for the advice on the dropshot. I think I'm going to get a cheaper baitcasting combo before we come and get my DS rod later in the year (if I can afford it ) I'm thinking something not too expensive: Revo SX with a Fenwick HMX.

I hope we're planning on having some of those huge bream you guys got down there for the fish fry. I'm tired of the 2-bite fillets we get up here. Bama, why don't you just have your wife eat the tails, there's no chance she'll get a bone in one of them. That's what we do for the little ones who can't pick out bones yet.

BB
Old 05-19-08, 05:41 PM   #73
bamabassman

hahaha bb. the tails ain't nuthin BUT bones. and she ain't eating no tails off of anything!! we'll have whatever we catch for the fish fry. bream included! whatever we catch is gonna be cooked! as long as it is legal now, lol. i got an electric filet knife or 2, so we can filet some and also fry the ribs and all. we used to do that all the time. that way everyone has enough. and none of the meat goes to waste. i will probably have room for 2 on my boat. my brother can't come and my nephew hasn't given me an answer. would rather have only 2 in the boat. but it is a 20 footer and have 3 seats. so whoever wants to go with me is welcome to. just remember now...... i ain't the best guide. i am wanting to learn just like some others, hahaha. if what i use don't work, well then...we'll go get the dynamite!! hahahaha, or grab an old crank phone, hahahahaha. (old phone is what we used to "call" the fish with, get it? hahaha)
Old 05-20-08, 06:56 AM   #74
BigBassin144

no C&R with the bass? I don't know how you guys fillet your fish, but up here, we've got no bones in the tail. I'll make sure we bring the fillet knives.

BB
Old 05-20-08, 07:46 PM   #75
bamabassman

bb there aren't any bones in our filets either. it is just that whe you filet a fish, there are some meat left on the bone. like the rib cage and the tails. believe me , we know how to filet, hahahaha, yankee, hahahahaha. we be a little slow sometimes, but not really stupid, hahahaha. i know you were kidding. i am too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.