Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-17-09, 02:00 PM   #26
REDBULLCUBAN
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

1. Black & mild milds/cigar - lighter
2.multi tool (swiss army type deal)
3.Boga grip fish tool w/ 30lb wiegher
3.Red Bull 2 if more than 5 hours (yes idk if its warm lol)
4.orange gatorade. not blue green black pink ORANGE....
Old 01-17-09, 02:23 PM   #27
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Do you all usually carry an anchor or two?
~Woody
I believe state law in Michigan requires you to carry an anchor, it's a good idea anyways if you lose all power so you don't drift into shore/wall/rocks.
I have a lot of crap in the boat: anchor, 2 or 3 extra ropes, extra PFDs, throwable w/rope PFD, jumper cables, tool kit, multi tools, spare props for TM and OB, change of clothes incl. shoes, extra raingear, spare hat, distress flag, towels, short 2x4 for blocking prop, sunscreen, documents, and some other stuff. Only thing I need still is a flare gun.
From shore: Pliers, a small bag of lures, handheld GPS, one bag of assorted hooks, a few bags of plastics, two rods/reels, and that's about it. I like to travel light.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 02:46 PM   #28
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dang bender, now i gotta get a lot more stuff. thanks ALOT,lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 03:30 PM   #29
woody

When I'm out on the boat Its usually for the entire day so I'll pack a sandwich or two or just something to keep from getting hungry.

~Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 03:34 PM   #30
Bob Smith

I didn't list the anchor and stuff like that, LOL! I even have a paddle (In Texas, any boat over 16' must have a paddle, Doh! I can't imagine paddling a 20' bassboat!). I got two rainsuits, first aid kit, throw cushion and 50' of rope attached to it. Gosh almighty! no wonder my whole shot ain't quick as some other folks!
Old 01-17-09, 03:50 PM   #31
pig_n_jig

Yeah,I didn't list a anchor but I got 2 of them in the boat .Along with marker buoys,fire extinguisher, spare fuses, boat cushion, pee jug, rain gear.I always keep a set of dry clothes in my car.There is always a place to and from the lakes to grab something to eat.During the summer ,there is a pontoon boat that sells food,drinks, snacks,ice cream out on my home lake. P N J
Old 01-17-09, 04:02 PM   #32
Bender

I forgot all that stuff, but I have it too. Paddle, extinguisher, fuses, pop and water, marine radio, etc. I like to go out for 8-12 hours sometimes and on bigger water so you need to have all that stuff. I'd rather my boat be slower from all the extra weight than not have something with me, especially safety wise.
I don't have one of those ACR GPS beacons either, probably not a bad idea if you are running across Lake Erie though.
Are there pirates up there PNJ? What's up with the 9mm? I know a lot of people do carry in their boats.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 04:43 PM   #33
pig_n_jig

I forgot to list the paddel and marine radio as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Are there pirates up there PNJ? What's up with the 9mm? I know a lot of people do carry in their boats.
With time to think about it, it is quite ignorant of me to carry it.I would never pull it unless I was going to pull the trigger so I might as well leave it home.I never thought about why I carried it, no reason is the answer.I was born with weapons attached to my torso,I don't need no gun. P N J
Old 01-17-09, 04:53 PM   #34
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Since I fish out of any of a number of rowboats on the NYC reservoir system, everything must be carried to and back again from the boat. And the walk to the boats isn't always easy nor short. But depending on who I'm fishing with, we always have these items with us:
Carried in Milk crate 1: pliers, screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver. In a Ziplock bag are a Spare oar lock, two spare nuts/ lock washers/ and nylon lock nuts, Electrical tape, & Marine 2 part epoxy. Water proof flashlight. Complete 1st aid kit, SPF50 suntan lotion, digital camera in water proof bag, bag for wallet, Cell phone is used all day for communications with other boaters, 24 inch drift sock, Aussie Sun hat, thermos for hot or cold drinks. battery power speaker for my MP3 player. Hooked on the side is my bag with Columbia rain gear.
15 lb anchor of the type needed for either a rocky or weedy reservoir.
Thermos lunch box.
Attached to the top of the milk crate via bungie cord are my topedo tubes. They're home made rod holders with clamps to keep 6 setups out of the boat, yet secure. Also 2 more setups can rest on the clamps if need be.

I'm almost blind without my glasses, so I keep my spare set in a compartment in my tackle bag with my custom clip on sunglasses.

BTW, my phone has the numbers for DEP, DEC, the Local Police, besides 911.

Ad 6 or 7 setups, a huge tackle bag that holds 6 boxes plus a box full of terminal tackle, a set of oars, and you can just imagine how much stuff I tote back and forth.

Here's a picture of what one torpedo tube looks like. I use two of them. They work great.

Old 01-17-09, 05:15 PM   #35
cassidyta

I am with you on this one Joel. For just about all of my fishing, the gear has to be carried in. Most of the resevoirs around here won't allow private boats in. Even if they do, my "boat" is a fiberglass 2 person that is carried to the water because it fits in the bed of my truck.

One thing I changed to last year was to purchase one of the pay as you go phones. I think I got it for about $20 from wal-mart. It holds two advantages for me. the fist being that I don't have to wrry about losing my phone out at the lake and the 2nd being that only my wife and a couple of fishing buddies have that number. There are not too many people that I really want to have call me while I am fishing.

I like the tube idea. I had added tubes to the milk crate that I carry to a couple of the lakes, but they still take up in the boat space.
Old 01-17-09, 05:56 PM   #36
abu4600

I also have a smill first aid kit on board.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 06:36 PM   #37
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
When I'm out on the boat Its usually for the entire day so I'll pack a sandwich or two or just something to keep from getting hungry.

~Woody
LOL woody, more like a ton of jalepeno peppahs with a sandwich on da side
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 07:43 PM   #38
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
LOL woody, more like a ton of jalepeno peppahs with a sandwich on da side
LOL yea jb, thats where the bucket comes in handy!LOL

~Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 09:51 PM   #39
quenston

Wow I thought I had everything in my boat but man was I wrong!
At this point I carry a basic tool kit, 2 sets of extra plugs, a anchor, the good ol charmin, extra prop, 100 ft of roap, two paddles, fire extinguisher, two-way radio with 35 mile radius, and at least 2 gallons of extra gas. I am sure there is more just cant think of it right now!
quenston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 10:29 PM   #40
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've always got a pair of split ring pliers, line clippers (finger nail clippers), braided line scissors (not so much any more), Browning longnose pliers w/ line cutters (work great for braid), lip grip (especially if we're fishing in Pike or Musky territory). And that's about it. I think.

One thing we should carry on the boat, but normally don't is a tool kit.

BB
Old 01-18-09, 10:41 PM   #41
rangerryan

i keep a small tool kit just enought stuff to get the motor running in case of a small problem, a can of fine cut skoal, spare prop and nut, an extra gallon of 2 cycle oil, 2 cans of vienna sausages, plenty of water, dry clothes, needle nose pliers, long rope, and sun glasses.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 10:47 PM   #42
Tall

Most may not play golf and if you do you may not have a ball retriever in your bag, but it can be a aid in getting baits unhung. You can get them in 10' to 15' or so lengths that is retractable that you can place it in your rod locker. It will reach down there and knock the hooks loose.

Well if some one sees you using it just tell them your are trying to find your shank you hit from the bank. :-)

I have a war eagle spinning bait hung on one of the big stumps I pushed in my pond that I will get it off with the ball retriever tomorrow after I get back from duck hunting in Bayou Meto near Stuttgart.

The ball retriever may be more handy then you think. Then this could just be a laugher to you.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16

Last edited by Tall; 01-18-09 at 10:58 PM.
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 11:00 PM   #43
Basscrazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
My boat is my bag! When I fish with someone else I just hope they are as prepared as I am. I am fishing a near home tournament I carry needle nose pliers and cutters, and a LED Headlamp when I fish out of someone else's boat. Short version, I hate having to carry a "bag" and would rather fish out of my boat because I will have most any situation pretty much covered.
I feel the same..Feel lost in somebody elses boat.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 11:15 PM   #44
Tall

I tried to delete the second post but it want let me, so sorry for you having to read both of them. :-(
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.