Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-24-09, 04:44 PM   #176
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So I'm likely looking at around $30 for a fishing license, $60 in gas, $45 (if I share a site with someone) to $63 (if I get my own site) for camping. So I'm looking at around $153 + food and drink for myself. This might be possible since I will bring a lot of food and drink from home (cold cut sandwiches, plus some soft drinks) plus eating what I catch that day. I also have to budget my wife's trip first and then look at mine. I would really like to go though. I also have to see about taking 2 vacation days. I'm not so sure work would let me since I am taking Friday May 1st off for my church camping/fishing trip. I was hired on March 9th this year. But they did give me 2 weeks vacation to use this year.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 05:10 PM   #177
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Also, gas if you're planning on riding on someone's boat. I know we still got people with open spots. As for food, I think we kind of all chipped in some money last year. I assume we'll be doing a fish fry one night, the "party" at Jb's campsite one night. Maybe thursday we go to a restaraunt like we did the first night at G-ville. especially since not everyone will be there (I think some people are coming friday). As for food, I think everything's gonna just bring something to share if you're not taking part in the main cooking.

BB
Old 04-24-09, 06:17 PM   #178
WTL

You will probably spend more on food sitting at home than you will if you go on the trip.

The fish we catch will be free in a sense.
Old 04-28-09, 11:19 AM   #179
woody

Speaking of pitching in on FOOD.

Zooker, what else could you use help with, as far as with your dinner plans on Friday night? Could we use more brats, buns, a side dish or condiments; you name it bud, I'll bring it.

John and Lisa, this goes for your Saturday night dinner plans too; what should I bring with me; cooking oil, paper plates, forks and spoons or whatever is needed? Let me know.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-09, 11:37 AM   #180
JB

I think he's looking for buns and a side dish, no ones going hungrey at this event
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-09, 02:03 PM   #181
BigBassin144

Count me in for a side dish! It'll be a surprise what it is though. Bringing something from here in Toledo.

BB
Old 04-28-09, 06:11 PM   #182
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think he's looking for buns and a side dish, no ones going hungrey at this event

bklash says he and bandit are loadin up on the buns and condiments..

ifi you all go hungry it your own dam fault i always say..

bb you are in for a side..

sippi you in for corn bread?? or was dat hush puppies?? not sure can't remember...

the c-rig is in need of a side yet...not known at this time...

i am going to bring some true tarheel red slaw for the fish fry..

oh yeah i gots a list made too like c-rig said "i'll be 6 hours from the house and remember i forgot the boat"...i hear dat...

zooker
Old 04-28-09, 08:49 PM   #183
MississippiBoy

I don't think I ever said what I'll take, but I'll bring either/or, zooker, or maybe both, if I need to. We've got what, 25-ish? Closer to 30? That's a lot of grub...betcha none of it will go to waste, either.
Old 04-29-09, 06:35 PM   #184
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
We've got what, 25-ish? Closer to 30? That's a lot of grub...betcha none of it will go to waste, either.
really ? ya think?? have you seen some of us?? we aint none too shy about eating..except maybe YOU...*note to self tell sippi's wife to feed dat boy*

zooker
Old 04-29-09, 09:31 PM   #185
bamabassman

yea zooker, i think that there will be some chow gone down the pike at this get together. and mb,lash, and everyone else, lisa is gonna make a list of what she needs. she is thinking of just making a list, getting the stuff, and tell everyone how much it is (with sales reciept in hand) and let everyone divide up the tally and just give her the money. IF this sounds good to you, let us know ok? right now as i type this she is sick with bronkitis, sinusitis (check spelling please,lol). doped her up and put her in the bed. i think the pollen and stuff has got her right now, but she'll be ok in a few days. just let us know what ya'll think about it and get back to me. as for what the folks need that are staying with us, mississippiboy-gal, lash and bandit. i don't know, bring what YOU will want to eat i guess. we'll throw it all together and have enough i am sure,lmao. we'll bring what we want, and there will be food taken back home i am sure,hahahaha.
now as for the fish fry gang. we are gonna have to save some from each day we fish to have enough ok? yes you can catch cats (yuck!) if ya want it, crappie, bream, BUT trust me on this one too now, lisa and i will eat BASS. if you want to pitch in, please do. if you cringe at the thought of eating bass....... sorry, but we ARE having em for the fry. not wanting to make anyone mad or nothing. but bass is one of the TASTIEST fish you have EVER put in your mouth. so please help us out on catching alot of fish for the fry. around 30 folks is A LOT OF PEOPLE TO FEED. especially when some of us are over 200 pounds ALREADY! HAHAHAHAHA. we'll diet after the shin dig.

and zooker........ TRUST ME MISSISSIPPIBOY CAN EAT! seen it. hollow legs he has, lmao.
Old 04-29-09, 11:08 PM   #186
S4il
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'M GOING I'M GOING I'M GOING!!!

I'll See you ALL who are attending the tournament in Kentucky

If anyone needs a
CO -angular (pick me)

you seen my Pictures of the bass i catch, lol

Ill be more than happy to fill that spot, I'll throw you some cash, pay the fee for gas, buy you lunch, whatever....If not ill rent myself a boat from the Marina, I'm going with my Dad (he doesn't Fish) but he said he will go out in the boat with me, If i cant get a Boat, Ill flip the Docks for hours, catching whatever is in the marina, Ive never fished this lake, but my supervisor at work said he has and its Awesome lake for Crappie, and it has alot of Chunk rock shoreline...and he has always caught bass on (I cant tell you all my secrets, HAHAH) Again If i cant find someone else to go with, I got my dad, But it's about 95% for sure i'm attending, all i need is the Paid time off from work, and i put in for those 3 days the 13-14-15 tonight @ work.

( For Kevin) Name- Brian Alm

Last edited by S4il; 04-29-09 at 11:20 PM. Reason: applied my first/last name
S4il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 11:23 PM   #187
flfireman

May be a day to day thing with me. Still planning on going, may have to back out last minute. Too much sh$t going on right now. May have to go just to keep me out of the belltower.
Old 04-30-09, 08:21 AM   #188
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
yea zooker, i think that there will be some chow gone down the pike at this get together. and mb,lash, and everyone else, lisa is gonna make a list of what she needs. she is thinking of just making a list, getting the stuff, and tell everyone how much it is (with sales reciept in hand) and let everyone divide up the tally and just give her the money. .
Sounds good to us, just let us know.

Just 2 wks or 14 days or 330+/- hours
Old 04-30-09, 09:11 AM   #189
Fishnngolfn

Well sorry for the tease earlier. I will NOT be going. We just don't have the money in our very tight budget but mainly I am not going to ask off 2 days from work since I have been there less than 2 months. I have already taken 2 Fridays off for a mini vacation or personal things and I don't want my boss to get the wrong idea with me and my work ethics, especially during these economic times. I'm sure I will miss a great time. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Old 04-30-09, 10:05 AM   #190
MississippiBoy

As soon as I saw that you'd posted here, I started hoping you were saying you could make it. It's disappointing, I know, but I understand where you're coming from. I absolutely HATE asking for time off, even though I have the vacation days. We'll miss you, and we'll bring back lots of pics.
Old 04-30-09, 10:11 AM   #191
Fishnngolfn

What is worse is I need the break so badly. Not from work but from the wife. I know she is going to Florida with the kids and I will have my break but I would have liked to do something instead of feeling like I am just going to be sitting around all weekend doing nothing. This sucks.
Old 04-30-09, 10:32 AM   #192
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Here is the link to the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife site. http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/

It has fishing and boating regs on it and I am pretty sure you can get your license on there also.

The one thing the police and game officials to not tolerate on the water is drinking aclohol. Kentucky waters are considered a public place and it is illegal to drink aclohol in public. That is the way I understand the law. I might be wrong, but it is best to leave it at big bear and enjoy a cold one when you get back and start telling the lies. The link to the boating regs for Kentucky is http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/09fishguideboating.pdf . They talk about aclohol on page 40 of the book but that is page 5 of 11 on the pdf file. I didn't see where it is illegal to have them, just illegal to drink them. Why tempt fate by having it in the boat.

Here is the link to the fishin regulations book. http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/09fishguidefishingregs.pdf

As far as that weekend goes, I have choice to make. I can be off call that weekend and fish Saturday evening and Sunday. Or I can be on call and come up for social hours and be totally off the weekend of the July 4th (clinic will be closed that Saturday) and be able to take my kid fishing and spend alot of time with him. I think that it is a no brainer. Social hours on the weekend of May 15 and precious kid time the weekend of July 4th. This is assuming that my on call partner agrees.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 04:59 PM   #193
JB

Hey bama,
hope lisa gets well real soon, lots of pollen and sinus problems up here till this ten day rain started..
We all welcome any food brought by all and don't want to burden Lisa with having to buy all the food and prepare it, all of us can chip in and bring stuff and reinburse ya for any food, but I wanted to make sure that you know we dont expect your wife to have to buy and do all that cooking, we all can help and chip in! Its a vacation for her too!
Old 04-30-09, 05:55 PM   #194
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hey bama,
hope lisa gets well real soon, lots of pollen and sinus problems up here till this ten day rain started..
We all welcome any food brought by all and don't want to burden Lisa with having to buy all the food and prepare it, all of us can chip in and bring stuff and reinburse ya for any food, but I wanted to make sure that you know we dont expect your wife to have to buy and do all that cooking, we all can help and chip in! Its a vacation for her too!
i agree with jb...

hell she DOES have to put up with bama-da po thing-....

zooker
Old 04-30-09, 06:10 PM   #195
BigBassin144

But Zook, she has to do that ALL the time.

BB
Old 04-30-09, 06:11 PM   #196
JB

no kiddin,

must be a modern day bottomless pit feedin that one..rofl
Old 04-30-09, 07:13 PM   #197
bamabassman

hahahahaha, okaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy gang. i hear ya, lmao. yes she DOES have to put up with me ALL the time...........SO? hahahahaha, actually guys, it was HER idea. but i told her to get on and LOOK at this. so, she will adn then answer ya'll. BELIEVE me, when it comes time for the COOKING. EVERYONE will have a job to do. just ask ol mississippiboy, hehehe. po thang, lisa had him doing all kinds of stuff didn't she mb? me? i was running around like a chicken with his head cut off, lmao. ys it was for her, she can be a bossy thing when she starts to cooking. hahahaha, but it was FUN i tell ya. we love it.

and jb, after you taste her fried fish, you'll be a bottomless pit too, hahahahaha. ask mb about her fish frying, shut up dawgs, and homemade fries. as well as her homemade ice cream and strawberry pie, peach cobbler, apple turnovers......... well you get the idea, lol. it ain't no wonder i weigh over 230 right now, hahahaha. yes i am going on a diet...................if i can stop her from cooking, hahahahaha.
Old 04-30-09, 09:51 PM   #198
BigBassin144

bama, ya forgot nanner pudding! At guntersville, I don't think any of us had any room left for the ice cream, but we all have some anyways, lol. I'm alternating between two diets at the moment. The "Oh crap, I forgot lunch money again" diet and the See Food diet. If I see food, I eat it!

BB
Old 04-30-09, 10:25 PM   #199
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
bama, ya forgot nanner pudding! At guntersville, I don't think any of us had any room left for the ice cream, but we all have some anyways, lol. I'm alternating between two diets at the moment. The "Oh crap, I forgot lunch money again" diet and the See Food diet. If I see food, I eat it!

BB
i hit the oh, crap diet today
Old 05-01-09, 01:56 AM   #200
carolina-rig-01

so i am probably a johnny come lately here but i am out in left field on the food plans.

1. is it fend for yourselves during the day and we all eat together at night? if so are we eating together every night, one night, two nights.......doesn't matter to us i was just wondering.

2. i seen zooker put us down for a side which is fine, anything specific or just whatever we want? again for how many dinners?

3. should we make a final list on here of who is bringing what so we all know where we stand?

inquiring minds want to know.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.