Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 02-12-11, 02:26 AM   #1
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Humminbird 1197c

This question is for someone who knows. We just got an 1197c si combo and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to have down imaging on it. Is this something that has to be added on like a software upgrade or are we just S.O.L???

PS. I know that Humminbird didn't have Down imaging on their original 1197's but we were lead to believe this was one of the newer 1197's but still not a 1198. We got a good deal on it and took it because we thought it had down imaging already on it... now were wondering if we shouldn't have just shelled out the extra for the 1198. Also I didn't realise how huge this 1197 was till I was messin with it.

Last edited by TN_Bassin; 02-12-11 at 02:31 AM.
TN_Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 09:09 AM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Down Imaging was available with a software update. I forget the upgrade version it came with, but if you go to the website and get the most current, it will be there.

Just because you just bought it recently doesn't mean it hasn't been sitting on a shelf for two years....(though I have no idea how that would happen...these things are usually on back order).
Old 02-12-11, 09:40 AM   #3
jdw174
BassFishin.Com Member

First, go to the HB website and register your 1197. That makes you eligible to download all available upgrades. Next, if you haven't done so, pick up an SD memory chip. (I got a 2Gb chip from WalMart for around $10) Insert into the reader on your computer and download all the upgrades for your 1197 to that chip. Take it out and insert it into the holder on your unit and turn it on. It will automatically load all the upgrades and install to the unit. If you have problems, by all means call HB Customer Service. Good luck.
Old 02-13-11, 10:59 PM   #4
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I figured as much, but what really got me was how the guy told us that the unit had the DI upgrades already. Not a big deal though, 5 minute upgrade. Just the principle of the thing you know. Awesome graph regardless.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.