Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 09-07-11, 12:09 AM   #1
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Looking at Lowe boats and need advice

I have been looking at a lot of diffrent fishing boats for a few weeks now. I have a few brands that I am closeing in on as a finale choice for my new boat. Right now I am looking at LOWE boats as one of my possiable brands for a new boat. I would like to know what you all have heard about them, or if you have one or know someone that has one, how do you like it or what do you not like about it.

I am looking at the Deep-V series boats. What I am wanting in a boat is 16' up to 18' max and I intend to put the biggest engine on that the boat and my wallet will allow. Another thing that I absoutly must have is either a dual consle or a walkthrough windshield.
Fraze5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 09:56 AM   #2
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I own a 13 year old roughneck with 35 Honda jet.. best boat I have ever owned.

best motor too. Average 50 trips a year on it.

Capt Mike
Old 09-07-11, 07:39 PM   #3
nobass

have a 98 180 bass boat everthing still works great boat i have a 08 75 e tech dose 38 mph loaded with two people. love the boat if i had to buy new would get another lowes. use it almost ever weekend for last 10 years bought it used in01
Old 09-07-11, 07:43 PM   #4
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraze5150 View Post
I have been looking at a lot of diffrent fishing boats for a few weeks now. I have a few brands that I am closeing in on as a finale choice for my new boat. Right now I am looking at LOWE boats as one of my possiable brands for a new boat. I would like to know what you all have heard about them, or if you have one or know someone that has one, how do you like it or what do you not like about it.

I am looking at the Deep-V series boats. What I am wanting in a boat is 16' up to 18' max and I intend to put the biggest engine on that the boat and my wallet will allow. Another thing that I absoutly must have is either a dual consle or a walkthrough windshield.

What type of fishing are you planning on doing? Deep V type boats are great for rough water, drifting and trolling, but can be less desireable for bass fishing. One of the main reasons I say this is because the higher sides of the boat make it more difficult to practice certain techniques and and can be more difficult to retrieve fish if not using a net. Lots of guys in our area that primarily walleye fish use the deep V style boats. I think if you match the style of boat to the type of fishing you are planning of doing it will make for a more enjoyable experience.
Old 09-07-11, 09:55 PM   #5
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
What type of fishing are you planning on doing? Deep V type boats are great for rough water, drifting and trolling, but can be less desireable for bass fishing. One of the main reasons I say this is because the higher sides of the boat make it more difficult to practice certain techniques and and can be more difficult to retrieve fish if not using a net. Lots of guys in our area that primarily walleye fish use the deep V style boats. I think if you match the style of boat to the type of fishing you are planning of doing it will make for a more enjoyable experience.
Well I plan on doing all kinds of fishing like Bass, catfish, and bluegill. I guess the main reason I am looking into the deep V type boats is because I want the dual console or walkthrough windshield. Because my wife will be going with me a lot of the time and I want her to be out of the wind or when its there the rain.
I will not be useing the boat for any kind of skieing or pulling tubes or wakeboards. I am a disabled vet and I just cant do that kind of stuff any more. So the boat will be used for fishing and the occasional cruise around the lake.
I also plan on useing this boat on the Ohio river both for fishing and pleasure crusing.
Old 09-07-11, 10:33 PM   #6
Tavery5

If you are wanting a walk through or dual console, there are many boats that offer these options besides the deep V, don't get me wrong I am not trying to change your mind about the deep V if you feel like it fits your needs, but I do believe for the types of fishing you listed there are other choices. Do your homework, go and check out several boat designs. Thanks for your service, I retired from the Military in 2005, civilian life has been interesting so far.
Old 09-07-11, 10:47 PM   #7
Fraze5150
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
If you are wanting a walk through or dual console, there are many boats that offer these options besides the deep V, don't get me wrong I am not trying to change your mind about the deep V if you feel like it fits your needs, but I do believe for the types of fishing you listed there are other choices. Do your homework, go and check out several boat designs. Thanks for your service, I retired from the Military in 2005, civilian life has been interesting so far.

Thanks for your as well,,

What other boats have the dual console or walkthrough windshield? I haven't found any besides on the deep V's and the occasional fiberglass bass boat that has dual consoles but those are well out of my price range.

Do you have any good sugestions?
Old 09-07-11, 10:53 PM   #8
Tavery5

Sorry, may have missed somewhere in your post where you said that you were looking for an aluminum boat. Most mfg's that produce a fish and ski model have walkthrough windows and dual consoles, but most are fiberglass boats. Maybe some of the guys here that have allot of experience with different model boats can answer your question better.

I own a 2005 Nitro 882 DC, the DC stands for dual console. Not sure if Traker makes an aluminum boat in a DC or not.
Old 09-08-11, 07:17 AM   #9
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You might look up G3 boats on Google. Check out tier "Angler V162F". It seems to have the layout that you're after. G3 makes a good boat.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 06:32 PM   #10
lilmule

He wants a light boat in comparison something easy to launch and retrieve due to physical well being.And fitting his small pocket that isnt deep.
Nothing wrong with getting a boat suited towards your particular needs.
Both the lowe and g3 will handle the ohio river and any lake in mid to eastern ky.
15 mph wind creates a 1 ft whitecap,narrow old locks,wingdams or near a dam do have more current.
Quite a few dealers last year offered to sell at cost to active or disabled vets,C and O marine being one of them located at white oak tn,they serve fort cambell well.
One dealer if I recall was in louisville,you might try your dav org they should have a list,if not call around and tell them upfront dav.
Paul Nichols has a 2009 17 ft bass cat phelix(tiller non windshield),Jaco marine has lowe boats,c and o has several off brand like aeries,new g3,they dont advertise much on these as big ticket items are over 50 k,that phelix is tad over 4 k without outboard,army green,bet any or all of them will give you a good deal,but tad farther away.
lund makes many models with walk thru windshields.
I commend you for your service.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-08-11 at 08:58 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 02:08 AM   #11
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have a Lowe Roughneck that is 4 years old but has probably been fished out of more than a lot of bass boats will ever be. I've done everything from fishing bass tournaments, to bowfishing, to duckhunting, and everything in between. It's a great little boat and will run 30 or 31 mph with 2 people and gear in it. It's the 16' model with a 60hp 4 stroke Mercury. A friend of mine has a 16' Lowe deep V and it is a great boat also. I bass fished out of it plenty of times and while it may not be the "ideal" it worked just fine for us. If your wife is anything like mine, keeping her happy should probably be the first priority, because if she isn't happy you won't be fishing long. I would also suggest getting the biggest motor the boat is rated for. You will never be disappointed because you bought to much motor.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.